• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Newest patch: Max FOV is 75. Permanent change?

I must have been doing something wrong because I could never see the difference between the minimum and maximum setting on those sliders.
Are you sure you used the same weapon group as you adjusted them for?

Also, for those who think you can change FOVAngle in .ini, you sure can, but it has no effect in multiplayer, so atm everyone is stuck with max fov of 75 and motion sickness as the result for many.

Upvote 0
This is the only logical reason, cant have legitimate wall hacks in retail tbh I used FOV 82 so i hope it doesnt look to much different but i would prefer a lower FOV then people seeing me thru a wall tbh

It really wasn't that big a deal, it was just a bit of bleed through near the edges of the screen that almost never showed anything of real use if someone was even desperate enough to try to exploit it. To compare it to a real wallhack is sheer hyperbole. Regardless, it certainly didn't deserve the FOV being cranked all the way down to 75.

Really, really hoping this is a temporary "fix" until they can address it properly.

Upvote 0
It really wasn't that big a deal, it was just a bit of bleed through near the edges of the screen that almost never showed anything of real use if someone was even desperate enough to try to exploit it. To compare it to a real wallhack is sheer hyperbole. Regardless, it certainly didn't deserve the FOV being cranked all the way down to 75.

Really, really hoping this is a temporary "fix" until they can address it properly.
Well said.

Upvote 0
Great strategy by Tripwire, leaving the game-breaking horrible decisions for the last hours of the beta so not everyone can cancel their preorders immediately

I don't care so much if it's an in game option.
As long as people can do it without using third party software and hacks.
AKA .ini tweaking. But if I'm stuck at that FOV it sort of is game breaking for me and really, really not cool.

editing FOVAngle in ROengine.ini changes nothing

Upvote 0
It really wasn't that big a deal, it was just a bit of bleed through near the edges of the screen that almost never showed anything of real use if someone was even desperate enough to try to exploit it. To compare it to a wallhack is sheer hyperbole. It certainly didn't deserve the FOV being cranked all the way down to 75.

I agree. It only worked at extreme angles and you couldn't see much at all. I'm used to 90 fov and 75 is giving me a headache. I really liked it but I can't see myself playing this game much at all now.

Reactions: daschewy
Upvote 0
Let's hope it's not an "optimizing feature". Really sucks!

I think it is.

Oh, is there no end to bad side effects of ZOOOOOOM ?

Zoom requires maps to have huge draw distances and more architecture to fill the empty expanses ----> BAD FPS

Solution: Reduce FOV to reduce things drawn on screen at once.

LOL... so bad

Reactions: Comrade Kaizer
Upvote 0
This is the only logical reason, cant have legitimate wall hacks in retail tbh I used FOV 82 so i hope it doesnt look to much different but i would prefer a lower FOV then people seeing me thru a wall tbh

I was using 85, but I dont remember 75 bothering me when I tried it out the other day, so I'll reserve judgement until I've played a few hours with it.

Are you sure you used the same weapon group as you adjusted them for?

Yeah, I tested it with a p-38 and it looked like it zoomed in the same no matter what I set it to in the menu (I moved all sliders to be sure). Did you have to restart the game or something for it to take effect? Because I was just changing it back and forth while I was in a server.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I tested it with a p-38 and it looked like it zoomed in the same no matter what I set it to in the menu (I moved all sliders to be sure). Did you have to restart the game or something for it to take effect? Because I was just changing it back and forth while I was in a server.
But pistols zoom very little by default, so it is easy to not notice. I would have suggested you to test it on a rifle weapon (bolt or semi), but can't do that anymore, I'm afraid. :S

Upvote 0
I personally dont mind this, since i always used the lowest fov to see the furthest, more performance & better fps.
I agree. I play all my PC games sitting 6 feet away from my monitor. Everyone else should be forced to play with console fov even if it causes them motion sickness

Upvote 0