• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Specimen: Destroyer

BenioX

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Poland
www.youtube.com
Do not post your opinions about each particular specimen suggestion here. Go to the link(s) and post your opinion of the idea there. Do not post your own new ideas about specimens here and expect them to be discussed. Make a new thread first (if your idea is unique), then you can have it added to this compilation.

Name: Destroyer.
Attacks:
1. Shoots grenades in the air from his grenade launcher, they always fall in the direction of closest target.
2. Spike-launching from his robotic arm. He does it only when he has low health and is too far away. He can shoot a spike only once, and he has two spikes. Instant kill.
3.Melee. Pretty much like Patriarch's
4. Self-destruction. When he is extremally low on health, to unable you to get money for him and a kill - he explodes himself causing explosion damage.

Statistics (on single player):

He appears only on wave 10, and only one no matter difficulty.

He is slow, but his deadly grenade launcher can reach you from distance as he shoots it very high in air.

Headshots aren't a good idea against them - they got a steel helmet protecting them from getting head damages.

When he attacks with melee, he can spin 360 degrees to hit everyone around and knock you back.

Beginner:
Health: Head 1000 Body 1000 Armor 100
Speed:Ground 80 Water 80 Special move 200
Bounty reward:400
Damage:
Claw 20 Grenade max25 Spikes 200 Explosion max50

Normal:
Health: Head 1500 Body 1500 Armor 100
Speed:Ground 100 Water 100 Special move 250
Bounty reward:450
Damage:
Claw 30 Grenade max40 Spikes 300 Explosion max80

Hard:
Health: Head 2000 Body 2500 Armor 150
Speed:Ground 110 Water 110 Special move 275
Bounty reward:475
Damage:
Claw 60 Grenade max50 Spikes 500 Explosion max100

Suicidal:
Health: Head 5000 Body 2500 Armor 200
Speed:Ground 115 Water 115 Special move 300
Bounty reward:500
Damage:
Claw 100 Grenade max75 Spikes 1000 Explosion max150

Story:
Patriarch, after another victory, checked over his enemies. Demolition caused him the most pain with landmines and LAW, so he decided to revenge even after his death. He atatched to his arm a deadly grenade launcher, a special robotic binocular which helps aiming, and one-hit killing spikes. Also he atatched an auto-destruct system which he could activate in case of betray. Destroyer uses the grenade launcher as his main weapon, he shoots grenades very high up, making players unwary thinking he just missed again, to see the grenade just next to their feet. They also can be surprised - this ZED has a steel helmet preventing him from getting Headshot damages (reducing them), so it's really pain in the *** to make this one loose his head. Also, when he is low on health, his self-destruct system activates and he has about 10 seconds to live untill he explodes from inside. The monster, in panic, screams and runs forward no matter what, to bring his enemies down and not die alone. Also, when he is too far away to get the enemy dead before he explodes, he shoots the deadly spikes. He has only two spikes tho, so he has to aim them carefully. He doesn't spend a lot of time on it - he aims automatically due to his robotic eye, so when you hear his scream and triggering system activated - better be covered and run away, or else you get a spike through your brain, or you get exploded together with him as he runs to you in fury. Best tactic to kill this monster is to aim it's hand as it shoots grenades - it will cause him to explode himself. But you can't be sure it'll finnish it off - a single grenade isn't enough to bring this monster down! And don't worry about the spikes as far as he doesn't activate his auto-destruct system. He shoots them only when he panics.

Sounds:
YouTube - ‪Killing Floor - Destroyer concept art and sounds‬‏
More Sounds:
YouTube - ‪Killing Floor - Destroyer voices 2‬‏
Theme:
YouTube - ‪Killing Floor - Destroyer Theme - Mechanic Wave 10‬‏
Concept Arts

2h49q51.jpg

21b22cw.gif

Last edited:
To be honest its way too powerful, in fact its like Patriarch with those abilities.

The voice sounds ok tho.

Way too powerfull? So you can say about fleshpound. But yeah, of course I am open for alternative statistics, just not ablilities. And yes, it is supposed to be mini-patriarch, but alot weaker. Thanks for your opinion though :)

Upvote 0
What is the purpose of that thing?
Or did you just make something "badass" with no distinctive functionality?
Also instant-kills over a long range? Really?

Purpose: To bring in more difficulty, stop camping (forcing you to retreat, move more)
Functionality: Make you run, not camp, also forces team to use their best guns and shoot hell out all together, teamwork ftw.
Instant-kills over long range - yes. But remember it is activated ONLY if far away while rage, you have to be exposed for it. If you are all behind walls, he'll not shoot spikes but he'll charge on you. Spikes force you to hide and then run when instead of shooting he charges on you. Among many ZEDs it brings challenge

Upvote 0
So this guy has about the same health as a fleshpound, except on suicidal he has much more head health. Damage-wise he is on par, if not better than the patriarch. He might be easy enough to take down, but the damage he can put out seems overwhelming, and he his only weakness is his own grenade launcher. His melee damage seems increase too much on higher difficulties. He goes from being kinda weak against beserkers to being instantly fatal if attacked in melee. To be more fair maybe melee should be his weakness? The self destruct sounds nasty too- there should be some sort of way to kill him without him automatically exploding and killing people. The instant-kill spikes are nasty too, but its not much different from the patriarch's missile.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So this guy has about the same health as a fleshpound, except on suicidal he has much more head health. Damage-wise he is on par, if not better than the patriarch.
I checked Patty's damage and I chopped his damaged for each difficulty to 75% and reduced his speed to slower than Bloats (he is slowest creature)

He might be easy enough to take down, but the damage he can put out seems overwhelming, and he his only weakness is the grenade launcher. His melee damage seems increase too much on higher difficulties. He goes from being kinda weak against beserkers to being instantly fatal if attacked in melee. To be more fair maybe melee should be his weakness?

Wrong. Melee isn't his weakness. Shooting and distance is, as he is slow. Damage isn't that overhelming if you think a little. It's very easy to avoid his grenades, as first he shoots them up. Just keep running, and he'll miss, close doors, hide behind walls. Purpose on his health and speed is that you have to cooperate with friends to take him down from distance.

The self destruct sounds nasty too- there should be some sort of way to kill him without him automatically exploding and killing people.The instant-kill spikes are nasty too, but its not much different from the patriarch's missile.

There is. Remember self-destruct system is activated when he's low on health, so you can shoot him to kill him before he gets close. So you can kill him before he gets you. Just do that when he runs, not when he just rages, or else he'll shoot spikes instead of run. He runs when he can't shoot you, logical. Way to kill him is quite simple - get a cover and shoot the hell out of him untill he rages. Then a) shoot him till he dies or b) run away so he explodes himself. As for spikes - it's rare to get hit with them. Only newbs will be hit as they won't hide when he rages.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wrong. Melee isn't his weakness. Shooting and distance is, as he is slow. Damage isn't that overhelming if you think a little. It's very easy to avoid his grenades, as first he shoots them up. Just keep running, and he'll miss, close doors, hide behind walls. Purpose on his health and speed is that you have to cooperate with friends to take him down from distance.

Actually on beginner and normal his claw does less damage than his grenade does- so it seems like an effective strategy against him would be to force him into melee on lower difficulties. Since he only uses the spike for ranged attacks you would also avoid his instant kill spikes if you force him to attack in melee. But his melee damage is beefed up way more than grenades at higher difficulties making melee a bad idea...

So my point is this, change either the grenade or melee damage so that players have to use the same sort of strategy to defeat the guy across different difficulty levels.

Upvote 0
So my point is this, change either the grenade or melee damage so that players have to use the same sort of strategy to defeat the guy across different difficulty levels.

The only difficulty which REALLY counts is suicidal. But I may concider raising his melee damage on lower dificulties. And yes, the spike-avoid technique to melee him is good, except that he may explode! ^_^ He ALWAYS explodes after 10 seconds from range, but he can die before he explodes. This is also helpfull when there are many ZEDs around and he runs in crowd and beep too late he explodes and so do many other ZEDs, or if he rages, 3 seconds later dies after spammed with shots, and 7 seconds from death after - he explodes. His death is way to gather money for him. I hope you get this idea.
And remember - his melee has a knocknack efect, like Patty's, so melee damage doesn't really mean much while after melee he will hit you with grenade ^_^ The closer you are, the easier target you are ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I kinda like the way the creature actually looks and sounds!

I love the mask and eyes especially. :IS2:

I just do not like the fact that he can make long-range insta-kills. That's just a little too much. I do like the fact that he can explode, though. And more than that, the sub-boss idea behind it, y'know, there's not very many of them to see.

I like how it's role is to try and get people to move away from their current location, but I still think he needs different, unique attacks. Charging and shooting isn't new.

I'd like to see someone make this, but change it accordingly.

Upvote 0
I just do not like the fact that he can make long-range insta-kills. That's just a little too much.

Ehh... do I always have to repeat it? The insta-kills are nothing to be bothered with unless you are a total newb and expose yourself. He insta-kills ONLY if you are exposed RIGHT AFTER HE RAGES. If he rages, and you are hidden, he doesn't shoot spikes, he'll chase you. The idea is that people hearing his rage, unlike FP's, they'll hide.

I like how it's role is to try and get people to move away from their current location, but I still think he needs different, unique attacks. Charging and shooting isn't new.

His atacks are already unique. Husk shoots straight on you, or under, you can jump over it. You can easilly walk it around. The grenades are unique - no other enemy in KF uses grenades. Patriarch's LAW isn't any like that - Patty shoots straight too! Destroyer shoots very high and the grenade falls from the sky on you, and it has some limits, like walls, on which it can backstrike. Not to mention grenades don't explode right on the first touch with floor or wall. They got some kind of timer. And regular charging isn't anything new, but exploding after charge is totally new thing.

I'd like to see someone make this, but change it accordingly.

I already am working on the skeleton in 3D Max. But I got an issue there... I forgot to make bones as separate things, so I make scheleton with bones just as one thing itself :eek:

Upvote 0
I kinda like the way the creature actually looks and sounds!
The voices made me cringe and the model is terrible.

Aka how to differ humans from trolls :rolleyes: No offence :) Actually I accept negative responses to it too... if you of course reason them ;)

Upvote 0
The only difficulty which REALLY counts is suicidal. But I may concider raising his melee damage on lower dificulties. And yes, the spike-avoid technique to melee him is good, except that he may explode! ^_^ He ALWAYS explodes after 10 seconds from range, but he can die before he explodes. This is also helpfull when there are many ZEDs around and he runs in crowd and beep too late he explodes and so do many other ZEDs, or if he rages, 3 seconds later dies after spammed with shots, and 7 seconds from death after - he explodes. His death is way to gather money for him. I hope you get this idea.
And remember - his melee has a knocknack efect, like Patty's, so melee damage doesn't really mean much while after melee he will hit you with grenade ^_^ The closer you are, the easier target you are ;)

Ok, so if he has a knockback/grenade combo, a 360 degree arc of attack and a self-destruct, those factors should make it hard for berserkers without having the instant-kill melee damage too, right? The high melee damage seems unnecessary.

random suggestion: Maybe instead of a grenade launcher he can have a mortar on his back, and he bends over to aim it. If you want a high arcing attack I think a mortar would be more appropriate, perhaps? It would also distinguish him from other specimens that have arm weapons.

Upvote 0