• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] New IL-2 announced

I'm cautiously optimistic. Cliffs of Dover turned out to be such a disaster that I never thought they'd make a good IL-2 game ever again. Seriously, I've never been so disappointed in game with the exception of RO2 ... it's a complete mess and they've barely supported or patched it to include more content.

Luckily 777's Rise of Flight is amazing (I highly recommend it!). Hopefully 777 gets full control over this new game's development.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i heard cod is tolerable these days though.
not that ive touched it at all.
It looks nice, has a good flight model, and impressive dmg modeling but the AI still sucks and there's no dynamic campaign (even the community made ones are hardly engaging). At some point I want to shoot enemies down in my flight simulators, and want a dynamic campaign to come back to in the long term. CoD has none of those things and so basically is a Spitfire tech demo as far as I'm concerned.

Upvote 0
Regarding CloD, the mission editor is very poor, as is the UI, as is the online component (still haven't even figured out how it works), as is the on screen text and options. And the performance is horrible and it crashes.

I have 61 minutes of time in the game so far. Huge waste of money. I played RoF for a while but stopped (dog fighting only gets boring) but it was well done.

I'll see how this turns out, but for now I am only playing DCS.

Upvote 0
I haven't played ROF (not real into WW1 stuff) but I've heard many good things about it so this is huge if you're like me and have been playing Sturmovik for years.

You heard right, ROF is a very good sim. I'm not really into WWI sims either, WWII is far more my bag, but i gotta say, i tried it, and within 15 minutes it had won me over.

So yeah, an IL2 game made by thease guys, that could be really damn good, that's got me excited actually.

Just please, for the love of the IS-2, don't let them partner up with UBIsoft again, or we might have another CloD fiasco on our hands :(

Upvote 0
I paid 25$ for the CoD and I barely played it past 1 hour, it was a horrible pruchase for me. Still after one year it still can't be called "finished". I'll be vary of any "IL2" titles from now on.

Paid $20, same situation. Terrible purchase! In the past year I had not even seen a single update on Steam. I think it is dead as is. RoF is great, but I just don't like the theme. Get RoF ICE when it is on sale for $5 or so.

Upvote 0
It's still going strong Avtomat no reason you can't keep playing :). HSFX is the main mod in use these days though. On weekends you'll still see 50+ people on Spitsvs109 server (full real). The less realistic servers usually have ~30 at peak hours during the whole week.

Sadly there is a reason why I can't play. (at least properly)
My current pc for some stupid reason hates IL2 and refuses to run it with an acceptable FPS in even a small air battle.
If my pc wasn't doing this I'd start up hyperlobby and get back to cleaning the skies in a heartbeat.

Upvote 0
A new post indicates that part of the former IL-2 team is now working on the WWII area of DCS:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109847http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109847

The official announcement will be soon. So that means we will likely end up with two quality WWII flight sims. I would prefer the new team to just work on modern aircraft, or even FC3 level aircraft and leave WWII to the 777/RoF team, though this is better than injecting a few WWII planes here and there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To me, CloD may have been the same as Silent Hunter 4, which was also Ubisoft. Which is why I'm hoping not having Ubisoft stick their fingers in it is going to make it better. The sad thing is I don't think we're ever going to have the same mind-boggling quantity of flyable craft as we did in 1946, since production costs and effort only goes up as time goes on.

Upvote 0