• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] new civilization \o/

Sweet looks like units will be represented by small "regiments" now, maybe we'll see miniature little battles for the animations. Not too long to wait too!

I gotta say I'm really liking the new art style. Still simple, but very pretty, even relaxing almost.

I hope they keep all the refinements from BTS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
at the very least, I hope the civs are more unique. in BTS, by the middle ages every civ is essentially the same

and what I hope are the final 18 civs

sumeria
egypt
assyrian
persia
greece
rome
german(this takes austrian, prussian,and holy roman all in one)
england
spain
france
india
china
japan
america
russia
arabia
native americans
mali/any major african "civ"

Upvote 0
Weird as it is, I've never been able to get into Civ. Tried Civ 4. I *thought* I was a sim/civ junkie...but it just never grabbed me. Maybe it was that horrific Sid Meyer tutorial guy that turned me off so much.
Well to me it's likely the most addictive game ever. I dig it so much, after a while even started to like the gay intro music.

Upvote 0
Once I could just spend one low price to get Civ4:BTS, i was pretty content.. I believe I've played every (PC) version of Civ to date, and unfortunately I'm not sold on Civ-5 yet.. I just need to wait to see some in game or a demo..

Fraxis's 'Bonus civs if you preorder!' smells of possibly ugly for-pay-DLC content to get things.. however they also state they will remain very moddable.

This makes Civ5 a 'wait and see' release for me.. I wait until it goes on sale on Steam to buy it, unless there is some new mind-blowing feature (or mod!) that comes out and makes me buy it then.

Upvote 0
Once I could just spend one low price to get Civ4:BTS, i was pretty content.. I believe I've played every (PC) version of Civ to date, and unfortunately I'm not sold on Civ-5 yet.. I just need to wait to see some in game or a demo..

Fraxis's 'Bonus civs if you preorder!' smells of possibly ugly for-pay-DLC content to get things.. however they also state they will remain very moddable.

This makes Civ5 a 'wait and see' release for me.. I wait until it goes on sale on Steam to buy it, unless there is some new mind-blowing feature (or mod!) that comes out and makes me buy it then.

Well despite civ4:bts being the best civ experience yet, i still see many issues that could make the game even better and regardless everything announced so far makes it clear civ5 is not civ4 with better gfx.

Upvote 0