• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

new beta download

No, they've only added the MP campaign. Since I've downloaded this new update of the beta, my contorls are getting set to default every time I close the game, both in the beta and in the full game. Anybody else having the same problem?

Same thing happens to me! When I close the beta and open Red orchestra I get pop ups like I just got the game. Such as if Im ready to play realism or If im sure I want to play a custom map. Controls get reset also. This isnt a major problem just might be a little bit of a hassle going back and forth from the campaign beta to regular game

Upvote 0
No, they've only added the MP campaign. Since I've downloaded this new update of the beta, my contorls are getting set to default every time I close the game, both in the beta and in the full game. Anybody else having the same problem?
This work around might work, I'm thinking that your controls are not actually getting reset on close, but are actually getting reset when you open the game again.

Try this - After you've set up your controls try setting the files to read only, should stop the game overwriting them. It sounds like the game is reinitializing the base config everytime you start it.

That's the files in here - Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config
You might just need to set the RoInput.ini to read only.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This work around might work, I'm thinking that your controls are not actually getting reset on close, but are actually getting reset when you open the game again.

Try this - After you've set up your controls try setting the files to read only, should stop the game overwriting them. It sounds like the game is reinitializing the base config everytime you start it.

That's the files in here - Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config
You might just need to set the RoInput.ini to read only.

It's probably the beta wiping out the config files and setting them to defaults to assure you are not using any type of tweak that may cause the new build to crash...

Last edited:
Upvote 0