• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Need clarification on mutator use

halbridious

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
Michigan (USA)
Ok, after ages of work wrestling with an old router that continually reset my port forwarding, i have new router and can host my own KF server :)

I have the server up and running but now want to add the amazing muts i've been using in solo. I've read that mutators need to be installed normally (anims in anims folder, meshes in the meshes folder ect) and that they have to be installed in system (something about pushing to server users).
Before i add a ton of code to my .ini and toss files everywhere i wanna make sure i do it right :eek:

So here's the 2 questions
1) do muts need to undergo standard installation
2) do they need to be added to system folder and
2.5) if yes, are they freefloating files or can i put them in a folder to keep my system folder as tidy as possible.

you have to add certain mutators into certain areas in killingfloor.ini.
you can also add them onto your startup command line so that they will stsart automatically, unfortunately a lot of the mutators on here have little to nothing (gotta love the lazy coders) on how they should be added to your setup, so best of luck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0