• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My two and a half year old rig handles the game on medium!

Very happy to see that the beta let's me play with medium graphics settings, even if my rig is two and a half years old!

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q PRO, P45, Socket-775, DDR2
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 1GB Passive,PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI/HDMI/HDCP
RAM: 8 gig OCZ DDR2 Gold GX XTC Dual Channel
Program hard drive: Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB,2,5", 10000RPM, SATA, 3 Gb/s, 16MB
Soundcard: Creative X-FI TITANIUM PCIE CLE EGS

Will probably upgrade later in the winter to be able to increase graphics and get better frame rates, but I am happy that the game is very much playable. :)

Upvote 0
Hmm, hadn't really thought about overclocking tbh, I thought my passive-cooled GPU was so big of a drawback that the cpu didn't matter much.

I don't have the stock cpu cooler, i have a Zalman 9500LED big chunk of copper. Is that sufficient for overclocking?

When i built the rig, i designed it for a decent performance with very low noise. :) It has done it's job very well, but is getting a bit long in the tooth now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm running this setup and on high settings just fine.
(have had this pc for years was originally a complete dell but I've pieced it together over the years to keep it going)
CPU- E8400 Intel core2duo @3.0ghz
Memory- 6 gigs of 800mhz el cheapo brand
GPU- PNY 460 gtx OC XLR8 edition
HD- Samsung 320gb 3Gb/s sataII
Audio- onboard realtek with a custom 5.1 surround speaker setup
MoBo- stock MoBo from a dell 531 desktop
Case- Standard dell 531
PSU- Antec earthwatt 500w

Like I said I've been running on high settings and haven't had any issues with FPS, although I haven't logged what I'm actually getting. Which is awesome because I just ordered a complete new setup from newegg that should be arriving by tuesday of next week. Which will be this.

CPU- Intel I5 2500k @3.3ghz stock (will most likely be overclocking this) Also adding an aftermarket cooler master heatsink/fan
GPU- PNY 460 GTX OC XLR8 edition (keeping this from my current build)
HD- Keeping my samsung until I can pick up a 6gb/s sataIII
MB- MSI p67s-c43 (b3)
Memory- G-skill ripjaw X series 2x 4gb 1600mhz
Case- Antec 300
PSU- Antec neo eco 620c- 620w

I'm all excited now so you'll have to excuse the boasting. Fav game just came out, and I'm about to get a new computer, for the most part. Can't wait to check out Ultra settings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm, hadn't really thought about overclocking tbh, I thought my passive-cooled GPU was so big of a drawback that the cpu didn't matter much.

I don't have the stock cpu cooler, i have a Zalman 9500LED big chunk of copper. Is that sufficient for overclocking?

When i built the rig, i designed it for a decent performance with very low noise. :) It has done it's job very well, but is getting a bit long in the tooth now.
That CPU cooler is pretty good. Also i think its a crime that you haven't overclocked that system. Tsk tsk:p

Upvote 0
Very happy to see that the beta let's me play with medium graphics settings, even if my rig is two and a half years old!

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q PRO, P45, Socket-775, DDR2
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 1GB Passive,PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI/HDMI/HDCP
RAM: 8 gig OCZ DDR2 Gold GX XTC Dual Channel
Program hard drive: Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB,2,5", 10000RPM, SATA, 3 Gb/s, 16MB
Soundcard: Creative X-FI TITANIUM PCIE CLE EGS

Will probably upgrade later in the winter to be able to increase graphics and get better frame rates, but I am happy that the game is very much playable. :)

I plan on upgrading too, but I also have the Q6600 OC to 3.0 and two 8800GTs (SLI) and can run things on high at 1920 x 1080... green and yellow fps range mostly. I know in my system, my CPU is my bottleneck even OC to 3.0.

Upvote 0
don't have beta but this is my specs

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @ 3.9Ghz / Cpu-NB @ 2.7Ghz
DDR3 G.skills 2x2GB 1600Mhz 8/9/8/24/33/T1
Ati Radeon HD 4850 512Mb 680/993
x2 1TB in raid 0
Asus Xonar DX
890GPA gigabyte AM3 motherboard

don't think that 512mb on the video card will run the game at 1080p on medium. been patient for a long time, only a few more months to go till AMD 7K series releases.

Upvote 0