• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My two and a half year old rig handles the game on medium!

Very happy to see that the beta let's me play with medium graphics settings, even if my rig is two and a half years old!

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q PRO, P45, Socket-775, DDR2
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 1GB Passive,PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI/HDMI/HDCP
RAM: 8 gig OCZ DDR2 Gold GX XTC Dual Channel
Program hard drive: Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB,2,5", 10000RPM, SATA, 3 Gb/s, 16MB
Soundcard: Creative X-FI TITANIUM PCIE CLE EGS

Will probably upgrade later in the winter to be able to increase graphics and get better frame rates, but I am happy that the game is very much playable. :)

954-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

I'm running on a:
2.3ghz dual core.
2GB ram.
Nvidia 8800GT with 512mb ram.

Running on Medium everything with Models and Texture on Ultra with 25ish FPS.
Your System should be able to run everything perfectly on high.

Upvote 0
I have a 3.00GHz Dual core on XP 2gig ram and a 9800GT and i run every setting on High and it seems to be smooth and no fps lag on a full 64 player server.

quite impressed tbh, the game runs faster then older games like BC2 and Insurgency mod on halflife 2 for me.. :confused:

Once I get my nicer HDD from the shop, and gonna see about upgrading to 3GB of ram, I think I'll probably get a good 10FPS or more out of that. I'm impressed I can run it so well, I know to many that 25fps is horrible, but I've ran games like that all my life and I find it very playable. If I had 60fps I think my aim would be off.

Upvote 0
I was worried that my GT 9800 couldn't handle it properly and here I am, running around on High! Man, if there is one thing Tripwire know for sure, it has got to be optimization.

Well all my computer's specs beat the crap out of the minimal requirements as well as the recommended requirements.

The only thing that's a drawback for the recommended requirements is my video card, which is a GeForce 210, but it has 4gigs of RAM compared to the average 210 of 512-1gig of RAM.

I had to frig around with the video settings for a couple of hours, and got it to a decent setting, then I updated my Nvidia drivers and rebooted..... then I eventually got my video settings cranked into the high/ultra range.

I just took off the motion blur, dropped shadows to low, and took most of the other fancy effects off, and then I could crank my model, texture, detail settings right up and it plays pretty damn smooth.

For those curious:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Scan your system for RO2 and see what it says. Even though in the Recommended section it says my Video card needs to be upgraded, all of the points that show what it needs to meet, it surpasses, so I dunno.

Added:

Oh and I did come across a few posts in here noting that the graphics haven't been fully optimized for the beta yet, so it being chuggy and not being able to max everything out shouldn't be a surprise at this stage.

Which probably means when the full game is released, the graphics will be optimized even more and run a lot smoother.... which also means I can probably crank even more of my settings to ultra :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very happy to see that the beta let's me play with medium graphics settings, even if my rig is two and a half years old!

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q PRO, P45, Socket-775, DDR2
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 1GB Passive,PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI/HDMI/HDCP
RAM: 8 gig OCZ DDR2 Gold GX XTC Dual Channel
Program hard drive: Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB,2,5", 10000RPM, SATA, 3 Gb/s, 16MB
Soundcard: Creative X-FI TITANIUM PCIE CLE EGS

Will probably upgrade later in the winter to be able to increase graphics and get better frame rates, but I am happy that the game is very much playable. :)
I have almost the exact same specs as you but im getting 5-10 fps..

Last edited:
Upvote 0