• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My thoughts on Yoshiro's Steam post (post title modified by Yoshiro)

spending ressources on cosmetics, thus having slower updates.

which is always untrue, unless the Development Team for a game is single digits or thereabouts.

Cosmetic Skins and the like are much less time consuming through the Development Pipeline than completely new assets.
the more you know.

furthermore, if you were paying attention to what i just said - because Skins are much less time consuming to create, they get finished faster.
it has nothing to do with 'higher priority', it's just because you can push that stuff out faster because it takes less time to create.

unless you'd actually have the audacity to recommend that features or content that takes less time to create, should be held in limbo and not pushed until the most complex task being worked on at the current time is completed? so that a game can get one huge update once a year?
noty.

mfw every game forum has people that want to talk about Game Development but don't know the first thing to it.

- - - - -

i don't think i want to touch the rest of the stuff in this Thread with a 10ft pole though, too sticky for me.

like 'too slow should push unfinished stuff' or 'too fast should push finished stuff' because both of those happen. whether a Developer chooses one side of that or the other, somebody is going to whine that they should do the other one. and both sides have merit.
from my usual experiences i'm certainly find with pushing things once they're usable to get constant feedback, especially since this is clearly marked as a WIP product. but you will get people whining that something was buggy or unfinished if you push it, regardless of that clear marking.

and suddenly i've touched it. now to run away.

Upvote 0
It dawns on me that what we have here is a dev team that ran out of money.

I feel the only reason KF2 even entered EA is their money ran dry. This wasn't a "We want to involve the community" that their PR team keeps spewing fourth, this was a "Our dev money ran out and we needed a quick payday"

They are now taking to extreme moderation on their steam posts and banning anyone who has an "off topic" message though more often than not, the off topic message was against things such as MTs. For a Dev team that cries how in touch they are with the community, it's quite obvious that is a blatant lie and now they are trying to just force any of the naysayers away cause I feel their negativity or, what is really is, CRITICISM of their magnum opus is negatively affecting them.

Upvote 0
It dawns on me that what we have here is a dev team that ran out of money.

I feel the only reason KF2 even entered EA is their money ran dry. This wasn't a "We want to involve the community" that their PR team keeps spewing fourth, this was a "Our dev money ran out and we needed a quick payday"

This is incorrect. Please do not spread misinformation.

Upvote 0
Information would be something I claimed as fact, I however stated "I feel" relaying this is merely an opinion or what it feels like currently. I stated no misinformation, as I never claimed this to be fact.

Before that you flat out said "what we have here IS ___." And then you said "this WASN'T a ___" and "this WAS a ___"

That definitely did not give me the impression that you were voicing your personal opinion.

Upvote 0
Please Tripwire, do not follow the path Valve took with their wicked trading model.
Team Fortress 2 became Hat Fortress 2. Game was the best FPS ever in 2008 or so, ran flawlessly on even the slowest PC's. A polished an finished product, but after they started implementing these items, trading options, rarities, crafting, everything went to hell. They even made it free to play, but why wouldn't they? Game was Hat fortress when they did that.
CS:GO follows the same devilish model. Behind the curtains, there are insane number of sites for betting skins, buying skins etc etc. It's a whole eco system and all of my friends whenever we talk about CS:GO, we always end up talking more about the stupid skins, NOT the game.

I never want to experience what I've experienced with TF2 - a perfect game, get overtaken by the crate cancer.

Upvote 0
People keep saying they want to test content early and don't mind bugs and unfinished polish, but yet I have seen those same people bashing things and being super critical even if it is not a 100% complete idea.

I get the frustration with the lack of previous info of complete skill trees and such, but one thing everyone had to understand is if a company says they are wanting to implement xyz skill tree or system (unrelated to characters), and it doesn't work out for some reason, they get even worse backlash for that.

They do need constructive feedback, but they also need to implement that design within their goals and then adjust based off of the communities reaction as well.

Tripwire is one of the best companies I feel still when it comes to community feedback. I've seen much bigger companies give out much less because they don't feel like dealing with the imaturity of 40% of the internet, they want to focus on making the game instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
which is always untrue, unless the Development Team for a game is single digits or thereabouts.

Cosmetic Skins and the like are much less time consuming through the Development Pipeline than completely new assets.
the more you know.

furthermore, if you were paying attention to what i just said - because Skins are much less time consuming to create, they get finished faster.
it has nothing to do with 'higher priority', it's just because you can push that stuff out faster because it takes less time to create.

unless you'd actually have the audacity to recommend that features or content that takes less time to create, should be held in limbo and not pushed until the most complex task being worked on at the current time is completed? so that a game can get one huge update once a year?
noty.

mfw every game forum has people that want to talk about Game Development but don't know the first thing to it.

- - - - -

i don't think i want to touch the rest of the stuff in this Thread with a 10ft pole though, too sticky for me.

like 'too slow should push unfinished stuff' or 'too fast should push finished stuff' because both of those happen. whether a Developer chooses one side of that or the other, somebody is going to whine that they should do the other one. and both sides have merit.
from my usual experiences i'm certainly find with pushing things once they're usable to get constant feedback, especially since this is clearly marked as a WIP product. but you will get people whining that something was buggy or unfinished if you push it, regardless of that clear marking.

and suddenly i've touched it. now to run away.
You wrote everything I wanted to say, only better.

Upvote 0
Information would be something I claimed as fact, I however stated "I feel" relaying this is merely an opinion or what it feels like currently. I stated no misinformation, as I never claimed this to be fact.
I feel like someone in the game design department is spending a lot of money on coke and hookers. Sadly, people on the internet don't care about my feelings.

Upvote 0