• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My Review on Halloween Event 2

Didn't read, sorry.

So_Hardcore_THIS_IS_AMAZING_MUST_TRY-s480x358-283879-580.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Didn't read, sorry.
Ditto. My Muppet Filter kicked in (usually triggered by a wall of caps - a safe bet) and saved me from whatever was being said.

Back on topic...

Like the new map. It's nicely built and thus far the only camping spots are tiny and have a back door (usually a fatal combination).

Pay-for weapon packs? Now this is a worrying development; along such paths ruin dwells. Call it an experiment, a mistake or a slap in the face, it doesn’t really matter. What matters is that at least two of the weapons make an already OP perk even harder, harder only if you pay for it – a highly curious move to have taken.

• Yes, it is difficult to level the accusation of “Pay2Win” at this move because this is a co-op game; however, players who do not “Pay2BBetter” will suffer as those ‘with’ hoover up more kills/cash faster than those ‘without’.

• What is more, the New And Improved Zerker™ now has significant role creep over into Sharpie territory, a class that has now taken a double-whammy in this update if you also factor in nerfing the M99 out of the game.

A Sharpie that took the M99 option was relegating himself to only being a limited support role, he needed all of the other perk players to stay alive. This fact, to me, exemplified one of the nice features of the game: team composition. This update has damaged that concept considerably, IMHO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The scythe is fine it shares the same mechanics as the claymore only trades power for a little speed. Leave it be.

Killing Floor: Scythe vs 3 Scrakes - YouTube

People Paid money for theses new weapons. If you change them, they no longer are the same weapons people purchased. That could be viewed as a "bait and switch" tactic. TWI crunched the numbers and felt it was good. It should stick. Tweak the free content all you want.

We all here paid money for Killing Floor. So what? No updates shouln't be made since the release?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yay. More testmap videos. :rolleyes:
*yawns*
At least take the time to record the same scenario in a real game.

Edit: To clarify, what I mean is that you need to show the same scenario playing out the same way on testmap that it would mid-wave on another map. It's "easy" to stun-juggle multiple Scrakes when they're the only specimens around. I would like to think that having Sirens screaming, Husks shooting at you, and Gorefasts/ Crawlers trying to rip you to pieces would complicate trying to do the same thing.

Sure, you'll have teammates with you. But how many times have each of us still died because the teammate we're holding an area with had to go afk for a second, run over in another direction to help a different teammate, or just wasn't getting their shots to register? Even really good players miss shots, accidentally kill themselves with nades or mess up Scrake "uppercuts." I know it's shocking to everyone here, but it does happen.

Testmap shows that a tactic or technique is possible in an isolated, very controlled situation. I'm saying that showing it happening in a "live game" would make the argument being put forth that much stronger. :]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We all here paid money for Killing Floor. So what? No updates shouln't be made since the release?

If i brought a car that has 700 HP. I get it home and the manufacturer decides to take away 200 HP from the car i purchased and took home because they felt it was too fast, I am going to be pissed. Repairing manufacturers defects (updating bad code and fixing glitches) is acceptable and expected. Customers will not complain about value being added to a product.

My point if Tripwire Interactive calculated the numbers for the weapons and deemed it good , it should stay as is. Because that is what I purchased. I believe going forward the focus should not be on constant tweaking of weapon parameters but a better organized trader menu that gives control on what is sold. There is going to be a lot more added to this game. The players need the tools to make adjustments to how their official perk supported servers are run. The age of "one size fits all settings" are coming to a end.

Upvote 0
If i brought a car that has 700 HP. I get it home and the manufacturer decides to take away 200 HP from the car i purchased and took home because they felt it was too fast, I am going to be pissed. Repairing manufacturers defects (updating bad code and fixing glitches) is acceptable and expected. Customers will not complain about value being added to a product.

My point if Tripwire Interactive calculated the numbers for the weapons and deemed it good , it should stay as is. Because that is what I purchased. I believe going forward the focus should not be on constant tweaking of weapon parameters but a better organized trader menu that gives control on what is sold. There is going to be a lot more added to this game. The players need the tools to make adjustments to how their official perk supported servers are run. The age of "one size fits all settings" are coming to a end.

How do you explain the various balances TWI has made over the last how many updates? They've nerfed the Chainsaw for one, omg they have devalued the game, refund!

Upvote 0
Oh lordy! material goods analogies, this is rich!

There have been numerous weapons that were released in a broken state (and by broken I mean overpowered). If I bought KF when the IJC weapon pack was first slotted into the game does that mean I have a right to argue that the M99 should never be rebalanced? Your reasoning seems to imply that weapons can only ever be souped up. So should TWI go around and improve the stats on all the non-paid-dlc weapons just to please you?

I own the Community Weapon DLC and I would be much happier if they werer all turned into skins with an appropriate 1 to 1 equivalent found in the vanilla version of Killing Floor.

Upvote 0
Oh lordy! material goods analogies, this is rich!

There have been numerous weapons that were released in a broken state (and by broken I mean overpowered). If I bought KF when the IJC weapon pack was first slotted into the game does that mean I have a right to argue that the M99 should never be rebalanced? Your reasoning seems to imply that weapons can only ever be souped up. So should TWI go around and improve the stats on all the non-paid-dlc weapons just to please you?

I own the Community Weapon DLC and I would be much happier if they werer all turned into skins with an appropriate 1 to 1 equivalent found in the vanilla version of Killing Floor.

I think this was brought up in regards to the dlc weaponry specifically, as when you buy killing floor you get the game as a whole which markets gameplay and just happens to include certain weapons. The dlc pack markets the weapons specfically so it's a tad bit different.

I have to say I think everyone would have taken this easier if these weapons were reskins.
I also find it funny that the update included the addition of an AoE mechanic for berserker which I suggested a long time ago, If I recall correctly It recieved very negative feedback but now the community seems to be totally fine with it (with the exception of the amount of damage done by the scythe, which personally I think needs only minor adjustments so long as the headshot multiplier is toned down.)

EDIT: Come to think of it, I feel like the buzzsaw headshot multipler can be toned down in lieu of damage as well. Does backstab damage effect it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what difficulty is this?

Pretty sure that is 6man HoE.

I think this was brought up in regards to the dlc weaponry specifically, as when you buy killing floor you get the game as a whole which markets gameplay and just happens to include certain weapons. The dlc pack markets the weapons specfically so it's a tad bit different.

The IJC weapon pack was DLC given to everyone who owns Killing Floor. If I bought the game with the specific intent of recklessly oneshotting Scrakes on HoE, do I deserve a refund because it now is too costly to miss my shots?

I have to say I think everyone would have taken this easier if these weapons were reskins.

I know I would only be on here to critique weapon balance and whine about Bezerkers becoming too powerful for their own good. :D

Upvote 0
The IJC weapon pack was DLC given to everyone who owns Killing Floor. If I bought the game with the specific intent of recklessly oneshotting Scrakes on HoE, do I deserve a refund because it now is too costly to miss my shots?

No, It was not marketed separately or even sold. When you buy the game you are promised a certain type of gameplay and that's what you buy it for. The first IJC update was not dlc but a straight patch, the game that you have after this patch (which is not optional and at no personal cost) still has the same core gameplay that only the most dramatic of changes could alter to the point of deserving a refund.

The weapon pack however, is a small amount of content and markets the weapons themselves as the central reason for buying it and thus have a different set of standards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After hearing about Yoshiro confirming that DLC weapons can be picked up by anyone, I think I will rethink about TWI releasing this pack being a taboo because this would make it equal for everyone then.

You need to have someone who owns the DLC drop the weapon you want to fill out your loadout. Your ability to experience the full extent of the game is limited by whether the haves will bother to grant havenots a bone. It is not the way to dampen the posturing and resentment that is so prevalent in pub games.

The weapon pack however, is a small amount of content and markets the weapons themselves as the central reason for buying it and thus have a different set of standards.

I recall TWI calling new weapon bundles content packs, you download them and they are given out for free, sounds like free DLC to me. Anyway you apparently have no interest in this argument so here is another:

This gaming as a service model carries the onus that at some point you will be unhappy with the service provided. Your money was spent and that is that. If TWI feels that its services require a restructuring of content, you enjoyed it in its initial form and that period of time is how much the DLC was worth over time. There was never a stipulation that this content pack would stay static.

Back on topic:

Note that this is still different than what TWI has pulled with this DLC fiasco since they instituted a policy wherein they would not release gameplay-altering content. Had TWI come out before the release of the DLC and stated that they were forced to change their policy due to changes in finance/development/gaming environments, at least then the player base would be prepared, but no, they smile and tell us that nothing has changed.

Upvote 0