• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Total Game Balance + Gunslinger Perk (ScrN Balance)

I have a question about this option:

bResetSquadsAtStart=

What it does is clearly explained but I'm wondering why would one want to do that ?

Maybe totally unrelated but I once replaced the bloat with the sick on one zedcfg and someone reported having invisible sicks when voting with another zedcfg that didnt have that zeddef, I didnt dig deeper and just removed it but does it have anything to do with preventing that ? Like resetting the bloat to be a bloat ? Is there any downside to permanently setting that to true ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a question about this option:

bResetSquadsAtStart=

What it does is clearly explained but I'm wondering why would one want to do that ?

Maybe totally unrelated but I once replaced the bloat with the sick on one zedcfg and someone reported having invisible sicks when voting with another zedcfg that didnt have that zeddef, I didnt dig deeper and just removed it but does it have anything to do with preventing that ? Like resetting the bloat to be a bloat ? Is there any downside to permanently setting that to true ?

Tripwire did a really stupid way to handle monster collection. In short, monster squads stay from game to game, i.e. custom zeds are not removed on map switch. That's why ScrnBalance resets squads to default ones at the end of each game. But it seems like squad reset doesn't happen always (and I don't know why). That's why bResetSquadsAtStart was made. It you can guess, it resets squads to default at the map start. It is safely to use this feature, if you are following one basic rule:
all custom zed mutators (ZED manager, Super Zombies etc.) must be after ScrnBalance in server's command line or KFMapVote.ini.

Upvote 0
i wondering~

i wondering~

Spoiler!

Let me ask you a question.
I would like to apply the another zed and superzombiemut except the Brute and FFP, Tesla, HardPat.
In case, How should i do?

Upvote 0
Backup Perk Progress?

Backup Perk Progress?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I could not find an answer by searching.

The short of it is, I play using Listen servers at LANs with a few of my friends in town. Backing up perk progress has never mattered before, as we just used the default perks/progression, which is stored on Steam. We have tired Server Perks and the Total Game Balance mod, and like them, but since the perk progress is server side, I need to find out how to backup the perk progress. That way, if our regular host cannot make it (usually have the guy with the fasted comp host), someone else can host and we keep our progress.

Thanks in advanced.

Upvote 0
Random question of randomness, giving this a spin for the first time today, and found something called 'Horzine Armor' in the shop menu. Bought it and got 200% armor, but I'm still taking health damage (on beginner) and got 3 weight blocks blocked off. So, what am I doing wrong/right? :S

It doesn't behave differently than regular armor, which doesn't prevent 100% of all damage. And it weighs more because it's not just 200% armor, it's a patented horzine coating that just happens to be heavier ;)

I suggest enabling bShieldWeight so that the combat armor weigh 1 block, in my opinion it makes the relation between all three armors more clear, also gives the other perks another incentive to use the jacket.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm experiencing an issue since the last update where sometimes on the first connect, the perk selection screen is empty and the trader is empty :/ Issue doesn't persist after mapvote or after the client reconnected.

At first I thought my clients were coming from other weird servers, but then it happened to me a few times and I only play on my own server.

Here's my client log:

Spoiler!

Server log

Spoiler!

Screenshots of the issue: http://imgur.com/a/0gLHe

Any pointers on what could that be ? The log didn't really help :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, No one can actually join my game after I launch it. When I switch it to dedicated I get this:

Log: Log file open, 05/28/14 03:03:50
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1 (Build: 7601)
Init: Version: 3339 (128.29)
Init: RO_VERSION: 1092
Init: KF_VERSION: 1054
Init: Compiled: Jan 8 2014 10:22:05
Init: Command line: KF-AbusementPark?BonusVehicles=false?Game=ScrnBalance.ScrnGameType?Mutator=ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalance.ScrnBalance -server -log=server.log
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: B:\Steam\steamapps\common\KillingFloor\System\
Init: Ini:KillingFloor.ini UserIni:User.ini
Init: Build label: Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Localization: No localization: KillingFloor.General.Start (int)
Log: Browse: KF-AbusementPark?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lewis?team=1?Sex=M?BonusVehicles=false?Game=ScrnBalance.ScrnGameType?Mutator=ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalance.ScrnBalance?Name=A_Ninja_Named_Waldo
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 64861->64860; refs: 1229549
Log: Game class is 'ScrnGameType'
Log: STEAMAUTH : Steam auth system activation successful
Log: Bringing Level KF-AbusementPark.myLevel up for play (30) appSeconds: 6.548000...
Log: (Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
Log: (Karma): Using SSE Optimizations
ScriptLog: Mutators ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalance.ScrnBalance
ServerPerksMut: Adding 16 additional serverpackages
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon BDHuntingRifleFinal.HUNTING_RIFLE loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetSharpshooter perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon L96AWPLLImut.L96AWPLLI loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetSharpshooter perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon SVDLLImut.SVDLLI loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetSharpshooter perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon Type19Wep.Type19 loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetCommando perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon WhiskyColt.WColt loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetSharpshooter perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon KF_WDW_Weapons.MP5K_Dual loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetGunslinger perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon KF_WDW_Weapons.MP5A4 loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetCommando perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon KF_WDW_Weapons.MP5SD loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetCommando perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon AUG_A1ARMut.AUG_A1AR loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetCommando perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon BPX4S.BPX4S loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetSharpshooter perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon FNComboWPMut.P57LLI loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetSharpshooter perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon FNComboWPMut.P90DT loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetCommando perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon FX-G36C.G36CAssaultRifle loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetCommando perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon MR96Wep.MR96 loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetSharpshooter perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon Spas12.Spas loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetSupportSpec perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon VALDT_v2Mut.VALDTAssaultRifle loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetCommando perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon VSSDT_v2Mut.VSSDT loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetCommando perk.
ScrnBalance: Custom weapon ScrnBalance.ScrnSPSniperRifle loaded for ScrnBalance.ScrnVetSharpshooter perk.
ScrnBalance: v7.20 loaded
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
ScriptLog: KFLRules = KF-AbusementPark.KFLevelRules1
ScriptLog: Game length = 0
ScriptLog: UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7717 successfully bound.
Log: Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
Log: Defaulting to false
Log: Defaulting to false
WebAdmin: Loading Available Maps
WebAdmin: Loading Game Types
WebAdmin: xWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin Initialized on port 8075
ScriptLog: No Spawn points found for KF-AbusementPark.ZombieVolume148!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Log: Resolving tripwireinteractive.com...
Log: Garbage: objects: 91990->91346; refs: 1590102
Log: Garbage: objects: 91346->91346; refs: 1590102
Log: Garbage: objects: 91346->91346; refs: 1590102
Log: Startup time: 10.594000 seconds
Localization: No localization: KillingFloor.General.Run (int)
Log: Resolved master0.gamespy.com (69.10.30.248)
ScriptLog: UdpGameSpyUplink: Master Server is master0.gamespy.com:27900
ScriptLog: UdpGameSpyUplink: Port 7718 successfully bound.
Log: Resolved tripwireinteractive.com (198.46.140.34)
Log: STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - [TDF] Don't Trust Kitt 0 | 6
Log: STEAMAUTH : Connected to Steam Servers
Log: STEAMAUTH : VAC Security Disabled
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/ScrnBalance.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/ServerPerks.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/ScrnVotingHandlerV4.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/ServerPerksMut.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/MR96Wep.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/L96AWPLLImut.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/Type19Wep.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/VALDT_v2Mut.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/VSSDT_v2Mut.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/SVDLLImut.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/KF_WDW_Weapons.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/AUG_A1ARMut.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/BPX4S.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/FNComboWPMut.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/FX-G36C.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/Spas12.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/WhiskyColt.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: Stats Are Now Enabled
>

any idea?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure, but I think redirect doesn't work for listen servers. There are two options for you:
  1. Tell players to manually download all custom content and only then join your server.
  2. Host dedicated server first. Wait until clients download everything (downloads should work in dedicated mode), then restart server in listen mode. Downloaded stuff stays in Cache folder on client side, so player won't need to download it anymore.

Upvote 0
I recently installed the entire scrn balance experience and have been enjoying it but I have a problem where in Scrn Floor I cannot select the length of game I want to play, it is locked to short games.
Is this a problem or intentional?

It is a problem of KF GUI: it doesn't allow to select game length for any game type but standard Killing Floor. If you are playing solo games, then no need to use ScrN Floor. It is the same game type as regular, just with a few bug fixes for network games. So you can play ScrN Balance with regular Killing Floor game type.

Upvote 0