• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Total Game Balance + Gunslinger Perk (ScrN Balance)

There's your problem.

You are undoubtedly hitting the max package limit with those gazillions skins and weapons, causing the infamous "It's stuck at Index.rom" issue. There is Marco's NetReduce that could help but really, I think you should reconsider all that stuff :eek:

That's weird. These are the same mods and muts that the server always used and never had an issue before. In fact, I have never even heard that there was a max package limit. I did research on the subject to educate myself after you posted that. I perused Netreduce and agree with you that the best option is probably removing all the custom content that the players don't really use.

How many players are playing on your server? Why the heck do you need 45 custom skins? :eek:

Wow!!! I really do have 45 custom skins. Variety is the spice of life. Originally, the idea was to give the players a good variety of choices. However, I have noticed that the players tend to routinely pick the same few characters on a regular basis. A good many skins could get removed without much issue. The LAN party only consists of 3-7 players total depending on each of our work schedules.

Now, for the results of my new findings. Running SP and ScrNBalance as vanilla with no modifications or custom content connected without issue. So you are on the right track Nico with the conflict coming from other custom content. Upon further reasearch, several mods that were used are now being reported as broken and causing conflicts with the newest updates where TWI changed the way certain "classes" were handled. I should have done my homework better before transferring all the data to the new server.

So in essence, my issue is resolved. Now to just cut back the extra fat and figure out which content doesn't play nice anymore.

Thanks guys for all the help. As usual, the KF community here rocks. Now I have 2 questions.

1) do maps count towards the package limit or is it just skins and weapons?

2) if I comment out all the bonus level settings in the perk balance section, will that make the perk level bonus default TWI values, or will it remove level bonuses completely?

Upvote 0
Tripwire keeps adding more and more packages in every update. That's why there is less and less space for custom content. Yes, maps also counts as packages. Besides, latest TWI maps are storing their assets (meshes, textures, sounds) in separate packages. Using Marco's NetReduce should help on this.

ScrnBalance doesn't use Tripwire's (Steam's) perk data. Disable bonus limits will lead to using ServerPerks data.

Upvote 0
I have been using the 7.41 beta since you released it, to fix the trader/perk list bug. Worked great. Not a single problem after getting 7.41 and bBeta=True.

7.50 seems broken in this regard. Most of the time, I just see the regular perk menu without Gunslinger (even though it is enabled in the perk ini file. There are only a couple changes in the new config files. The one for the new perk loading. I've side-by-side compared these ini files with an application, and these (if memory serves) are the only changes in the ini files.

ServerPerks.ini: TraderInventory=6:ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnHRLPickup line is removed (comparing to 7.41).
ScrnBalance.ini: bScrnClientPerkRepLink=True line is added.

bBeta=False now, something broken. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Seems that the ClinetPerkRepLink but affects characters aswell, since the player can't recieve the weapons he never builds the character list so any custom characters do not appear

From what I can see on the client something doesn't get received in the right amount of time so one of the functions is just returning over and over

Upvote 0
Seems that the ClinetPerkRepLink but affects characters aswell, since the player can't recieve the weapons he never builds the character list so any custom characters do not appear

From what I can see on the client something doesn't get received in the right amount of time so one of the functions is just returning over and over

I'll get back to this problem after the Tournament.

Upvote 0
I've noticed some of the mvote functions are not always working. For example, mvote boring produces "Voting option is not avaliable at this moment", even though it was the first try. This seems to happen when the server is full (22 players), therefore some games it can never be voted. Doesn't seem to happen when there are ~8 players.

I thought perhaps it was a spam feature. Is there an option to disable it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've noticed some of the mvote functions are not always working. For example, mvote boring produces "Voting option is not avaliable at this moment", even though it was the first try. This seems to happen when the server is full (22 players), therefore some games it can never be voted. Doesn't seem to happen when there are ~8 players.

I thought perhaps it was a spam feature. Is there an option to disable it?
You can't boost spawning when spawn rate is below 0.5s. For example, on Mountain Pass you can't do MVOTE BORING at all. Spawn rate is boosted automatically, when there are 7+ players in the game (Post6ZedSpawnInc)
It is intended not a bug.

All hud features are also bugged, damage popups and show speed are broken
I believe the issue is on your side. ScrnHUD was heavily modified to support Enhanced First Person Spectator Mode.

Upvote 0