• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator Suggestion] Post-game Analysis

duckcs

Dec 6, 2011
Brazil
Soo, as we all know, killing things is not the only thing to do during a Killing Floor match, you can help your team a LOT by welding a door or healing teammates

Also, the killing count from the scoreboard many times doesn't reflect the impact of the player on the game. Like a sharpshooter with 60 kills against a commando with 400. But the sharp killed almost exclusively Scrakes and big zeds, against commando's minor zeds but higher score, you know where I want to go by now, don't you? :D

It would be awesome to have a detailed post-game analysis, like in Battlefield series... Unfortunately I couldn't find any post-match image from battlefield, but whoever played it, knows: It's awesome.

I've made a ****ty image to explain the concept:

14j7qtw.jpg

What do you guys think? Any suggestion for Badges?

PS: Maybe we could make like a ranking system... The server saves the player's badges based on his GlobalID, and he can be rewarded from 0 to 6 stars in one game, based in his stats during the current match, when we press "TAB" in a game we see stars next to his name, that would be his median ranking, therefore we would know beforehand if the player is good or no :D

PS 2: Curious Fact - While googling to make this topic, I searched "Battlefield After Match", and got a DLC named "Battlefield 3: Aftermatch". After that I tried "Battlefield Screen End Game", to see an expansion named "Battlefield 3: End Game", lol.

Last edited:
Only a few stipulations I would have - Medics gotta get their credit. Regular game doesn't really give them credit for healing 2k hp every wave, but this would absolutely have to. Also, especially in the case of "big zeds" it should go not by kills but more like Tanks in L4D2 where its DAMAGE. So that the Sharpie really gets that FP kill even though the zerker got last hit. ect. But as long as you can accurately pinpoint how to make sure every award goes to the most deserving, i like the idea.

Upvote 0
Soo, as we all know, killing things is not the only thing to do during a Killing Floor match, you can help your team a LOT by welding a door or healing teammates

Also, the killing count from the scoreboard many times doesn't reflect the impact of the player on the game. Like a sharpshooter with 60 kills against a commando with 400. But the sharp killed almost exclusively Scrakes and big zeds, against commando's minor zeds but higher score, you know where I want to go by now, don't you? :D

It would be awesome to have a detailed post-game analysis, like in Battlefield series... Unfortunately I couldn't find any post-match image from battlefield, but whoever played it, knows: It's awesome.

I've made a ****ty image to explain the concept:

14j7qtw.jpg

What do you guys think? Any suggestion for Badges?

PS: Maybe we could make like a ranking system... The server saves the player's badges based on his GlobalID, and he can be rewarded from 0 to 6 stars in one game, based in his stats during the current match, when we press "TAB" in a game we see stars next to his name, that would be his median ranking, therefore we would know beforehand if the player is good or no :D

PS 2: Curious Fact - While googling to make this topic, I searched "Battlefield After Match", and got a DLC named "Battlefield 3: Aftermatch". After that I tried "Battlefield Screen End Game", to see an expansion named "Battlefield 3: End Game", lol.

very good idea but should bee whitelisted!

Upvote 0
Yeah, the main idea is to fill a little bit of the post-match void

It's like, I've just spent almost 2 hours on a Suicidal match on moon map, the team worked really hard and it was a intense match, after the killing blow to patriarch, all we could do is say "gg" and disconnect. After this kind of match I tend to just stare at the menu for a few seconds, breathe, then resume my normal activities lol

A post-mach details is something players can talk about and discuss, yes, encouraging competition, but in a healty way, as everyone get their credits for what they accomplished in the game, in a overral meaning

ps: Also, for what I've seen, there's way to track player damage instead of player kill, wich is much more accurate, since we can do like:

Most Scrake damage: 25408 by Duck
Fleshpound damage: 11764 by Girl_Next_Door
Healing points: 3047 by Girl_Next_Door

imagine the possibilities ;D

If someone want to get some cool ideas for this mod, try to find post-match details from the Battlefield series, I was thinking of them when I suggested this (someone said L4D2 also has something like this)

Last edited:
Upvote 0