• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mutator request: Body&Decal&GIB stay

A mutator that allows to seperately set custom life-time or infinite LIFE-time
for all of the bellow:
BloodSpatter, bloodstains, bullet holes and all other dynamic decals, Corpses/bodies, Chunks and Gibs and Weapon Pickups.

The mutator should aslo allow to seperately set custom max. number of spawned:
BloodSpatter, bloodstains, bullet holes and all other dynamic decals, Corpses/bodies, chunks and gibs, weapon pickups.

When the number of, lets say, bodies goes higher than the number set in the mutator conf, the oldest corpse is destroyed.
When the life-time of, lets say weapon pickup or decal or gib becomes bigger than the one set in the mutator settings, the appropriate object is destroyed.
This is to keep the dynamic level actors count low and avoid lags.

Same for: chunks, gibs, dynamic decals (blood spatter, stains, bullet holes) and weapon pockups.

Hope this clears things.

Upvote 0
So basically you want the bloody aesthetics from KF2 in KF :p

Well there was a corpse mutator:
I Need Bodies
The problem with this mutator is that the mutator uses custom zeds, which are only told to extend their "life". This is where the next problem comes in, the zeds still take attacks, so dropping a pipebomb on a corpse, it blows up (and damages you). TW has killed custom zed mutators, so you might need to run this other mutator Custom Spawn Fix.

There is also a mutator for blood decal. It does have a ini file so you can change the life span of the blood.
I Need Blood. If it does work, i guess you can simply decomplile the mutator and edit a new version that does other decals.

Im no coder, so this is about as helpful as i can get.

Upvote 0