• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[Mutator] No Teleport

TheMutant

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2012
Germany
Small update

I have updated the mutator and finally created a workshop item for it: Workshop
Though I have to admit, that I have found no error. Monsters should not teleport. If you still notice that, please report it so I will take a deeper look.
But keep in mind, this mutator does only work for the default KF2 monsters, excluding custom ones.

marviraptor

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 16, 2015
Hey Mutant, would you consider increasing the max zed alive limit to compensate for the teleport? It would be lovely to have more than 32 zed alive at any given time since the default number don't make it feel much like a horde at all.

[SM]TOPSGT

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 12, 2011
Colorado
slsnipers.enjin.com
Mutant, please consider adding custom zeds. Vanilla servers don't really need this but the modded servers do and they most likely are using custom zeds. I tried it on my custom server and all the custom zeds spawned but held in place and didn't move.

oldschool

May 1, 2015
NYC
osghc.com
Add your custom zeds to the code, add the controller for the custom class in the same way that Mutatnt is doing , then add the case and class for the custom zed to the mutator uc, rename it to avoid version conflicts and recompile see if that works for you.

TheMutant

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2012
Germany
[SM said:
TOPSGT;n2265280]Mutant, please consider adding custom zeds. Vanilla servers don't really need this but the modded servers do and they most likely are using custom zeds. I tried it on my custom server and all the custom zeds spawned but held in place and didn't move.
Sadly, that's impossible. Some code parts are highly tied to the AI and there is no way to do that from outside. That means, I had to create my own version of each custom monster out there to deliver full functionailty as oldschool has pointed out. That's just not doable for me.
Furthermore, it sounds that the custom monsters are having issues themselves when they can't use the provided navigation system, or the maps are badly set up.

[SM]TOPSGT

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 12, 2011
Colorado
slsnipers.enjin.com
Hiya Mutant. TY for taking the time to post. I understand the issues. I can only speak for my server and in my case it is not a matter of bad maps or a nav system. As Old School stated probably the AI is missing for the custom zeds.

forrestmark9

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 29, 2011
If you want to disable it without having to replace the zed classes just set bCanTeleportCloser to false in the controllers

TheMutant

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2012
Germany
Hey there, over the last two dasys I have pushed two new updates.
The new monster classes are now fully supported and the teleport feature now spans over all monsters incluging custom ones. The advanced mechanics, however, just apply to monsters that use the default AI.

TheMutant

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2012
Germany
I have released a new version 008 that brings support to the new monster classes and fixes a bug that caused some monsters to become "braindead".