Therefore I decided to remove this feature to see how much it has an impact on gameplay.Yesterday I had a match where I was last man standing against Hans. I decided to close a door and weld it to have some time to recover, but all of a sudden Hans opened up the door before I finished switching to welder and killed me.
From what I have read KF2 already gives a speed boost to monsters that are out of sight and has a separate teleport system for monsters that are stuck. So the only reason for another teleport mechanic is to make kiting to make kiting harder, but I think this is the wrong attempt as it leads to illogical situations as you have read above.
Furthermore, it has also an adverse effect on camping gameplay as a room that has been cleared out should stay clean for a ceratin amount of time for potential fallback strategies.
I think a good attempt to make kiting not as easy is to change the monsters' pathfinding so they not always choose the shortest way to the players but rather spread throughout the map, taking different routes. This combined with the speed boost could create some interesting gameplay.
This mutator removes the teleportation ability from every monster.
Steam Hub Discussion
How to start
Ajust the server start command:
start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver KF-Outpost?Mutator=KF2NoTeleport_005.KF2NoTeleportMut?adminpassword=XXXX
Open console and start a match via URL by entering:
- First public release
- Removed monters' ability to teleport around
- Improved stuck handling (kicks and if that does not help teleport to a nearby location instead of random teleports through the whole map)
- Experimental pathfinding extension that forces monster to take alternate routes.
- Added a configurable that allows you to determine how much monsters are forced to take another route (cost value with range [100,5000])
- Added debug config to enable/disable debugging messages
- Fixed a teleport bug which avoided it from functioning correctly
- Improved performance a bit
- Changed ini name to KFNoTeleport.ini
- Fixed code to make it compatible with game again
- Introduced bAdvancedPathFinding config which allows users to disable/enable monsters trying to find alternative paths towards players
- Mutator now properly extends KFMutator
- Adds support for new monster classes:Clot Alpha King, Crawler King, Fleshpound King, Fleshpound Mini, Dualbladed Gorefast
- No teleportation for any custom monster
- Advanced navigation for custom monsters that use default AI classes
- Adds support for new monster classes: Bloat King and its Subspawn, DAR (EMP, Laser, Rocket)
- Fixed a bug that caused some monsters to become braindead
2. Steam Workshop