• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Faked Players

I'm somewhere between 26 hrs awake and 99% drooling mess right now, any chance on a more detailed explanation of setting it up on solo?

1. Place code file (file that ends with .u) in your BrewedPC folder (my dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\KillingFloor2\KFGame\BrewedPC)
2. Place config file (file that ends with .ini) in C:\Users\Nejc\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config
3. Open that file, and change max players to number you want (higher = more zeds)
4. Open KFGame.ini in same folder and find
ServerActors=IpDrv.WebServer

If it doesn't exist create it under [KFGame.KFGameEngine]

Under ServerActors=IpDrv.WebServer, add line:
ServerActors=KF2FakedPlayers.KF2FakedPlayers

Upvote 0
Are you testing this in wave 1 only? If so then ZEDs do not scale with faked players on wave 1

Yeah, tested it beyond 1st wave on all difficulties, still only 30-40 zeds spawn with 6 faked players in .ini file.

Edit: Do logs show script activity? Looking through mine didn't shed any light on it being loaded.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I was running this on one of my servers but noticed two issues

first, it doesn't affect wave 1, though that's already been mentioned

secondly, it prevents anyone from joining once the game has started. The server browser will show 2/6 (or however many players are actually on) but will prevent anyone else from joining and gives a "server at capacity" message. Once the game ends and returns to lobby players can join again.

Upvote 0