• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Multiple / Know issues

hello all, first off id just like to say how impressed i am with killing floor and its community. its a great game with great players.

anyway Ive been playing the game via bootcamp since the 1st week it was released and have never had any problems with it. I was very excited to be downloading it for mac seeing as i only use bootcamp for KF and other games.
once i played the game, i started to notice multiple issues, and haven't seen them listed by other people in this mac support forum.

( id screen cap these issues, but sadly i dont know how on mac)

issues-
-floor textures do not appear in bioticslab level, leaving like a grayish nothing under my feet
- on the map wrye some walls look like they are using the grass textures and vise versa
- Stalkers on all maps are never invisible, rather they appear as a shiny sliver color or as that red see-through color that the commando sees them as ( strange because i play as medic)
- Scrakes are just black and lack detail, sometimes also appearing like the stalkers above
- all maps have missing textures on occasion, leaving just black areas
- sometimes the mp7 doesnt make shooting nosies but always makes the reload noises, the green cloud doesn't appear when shooting the dart
- cant use the middle mouse button for secondary fire ( when i try a white mouse like the windows mouse appears and i cant do anything until i click middle mouse again)
-Cant command/tab out to anything like Itunes or Firefox or even finder, multiple tries crashes the game

these are the issues i had day 1 of KF for mac

the setting i used were , high , higher , and custom ( on pc i always ran higher or custom without any issues )

my macbook pro- ( same machine for bootcamp as well)
osx 10.5.8
4gbs ram
9600gt nividia card
intel core 2 duo 2.53 ghz

so if anyone could provide me with any fixes or solutions to the issues i would be grateful

also id like to hear if im the only one experiencing these issues
maybe if im not this tread could become a Know issues thread for mac users and possible fixes to others problems as well

I've pretty much got the same macbook as you here in my office with a 9400/9600 combo. I also have OSX 10.6. (I hope to update to 10.6.3 today)

koltron said:
issues-
-floor textures do not appear in bioticslab level, leaving like a grayish nothing under my feet

Cannot reproduce on my machine with either the 9400 or 9600 card.

koltron said:
- on the map wrye some walls look like they are using the grass textures and vise versa

Also could not reproduce

koltron said:
- Stalkers on all maps are never invisible, rather they appear as a shiny sliver color or as that red see-through color that the commando sees them as ( strange because i play as medic)
Cannot reproduce on my machine

koltron said:
- Scrakes are just black and lack detail, sometimes also appearing like the stalkers above

Still nothing

koltron said:
- all maps have missing textures on occasion, leaving just black areas

Nope

koltron said:
- sometimes the mp7 doesnt make shooting nosies but always makes the reload noises, the green cloud doesn't appear when shooting the dart

I get a different noise, where the gun sounds silenced - semi confirmed

koltron said:
- cant use the middle mouse button for secondary fire ( when i try a white mouse like the windows mouse appears and i cant do anything until i click middle mouse again)

I have used both middle mouse and right mouse for secondary and iron sights with no problem.

koltron said:
-Cant command/tab out to anything like Itunes or Firefox or even finder, multiple tries crashes the game

Confirmed, but not sure if the engine does this by default or if it is something we would have to add.

Upvote 0

I have this problems. Also, game crashes 4/10 times when loading new map after finishing one. This is in online mode, don't know if happens offline too.

iMac late 2008 ATI 2600HD. 4GB RAM OSX 10.6.3

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would like to report that I am having the same problem as this seems to be related to the Mac 10.5?

I am running 10.5.7 (hope to go up to 10.5.8 soon)
2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM (Hope to upgrade to 4GB if possible?)
NVidia GForce 9400M 256MB

I have the issue with the Biolabs floor looking like that making it so unplayable, but if anything like shadows or blood is on the floor it causes one of those flickering texture issue, like they are trying to overlap each other)

Stalker is also having the same issue as well with it's shiny look (making it show out all the time)

Wyre seems to have those black areas at random (I will compare this to the PC Client and see what texture or what ever is causing this)

Seems like when the next map is ready to load Killing Floor Crashes, also seems like the loading times are really long compared to the PC client.

Seems to be sluggish at times, mostly with overlay effects.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would like to report that I am having the same problem as this seems to be related to the Mac 10.5?

I am running 10.5.7 (hope to go up to 10.5.8 soon)
2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM (Hope to upgrade to 4GB if possible?)
NVidia GForce 9400M 256MB

I have the issue with the Biolabs floor looking like that making it so unplayable, but if anything like shadows or blood is on the floor it causes one of those flickering texture issue, like they are trying to overlap each other)

Stalker is also having the same issue as well with it's shiny look (making it show out all the time)

Wyre seems to have those black areas at random (I will compare this to the PC Client and see what texture or what ever is causing this)

Seems like when the next map is ready to load Killing Floor Crashes, also seems like the loading times are really long compared to the PC client.

Seems to be sluggish at times, mostly with overlay effects.

yea the start up for the game seems to take the much longer than pc version sometimes it will stop responding and i cant even force quit it.

Edit: just tried to lauch the game and its stuck at the loading screen ( great way to start a morning )

Last edited:
Upvote 0