• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More Sniper Equipment

Uffz.Germanski

Sep 17, 2006
I think the sniper needs a binocular as well, because snipers are elite units in the army and they have all they need for their mission - except for the binoculars.

Sometimes you need the binocs to observe an area before you switch to your rifle to shoot.

It would also be nice if the snipers (especially the German one) could get a better crosshairs; I can't believe the crosshairs were so badly detailed back then in ww2.

And the sniper should have a better uniform to blend in with his surroudings a little.

Sheepdip nailed it on the head. The scope we have in game is the one they had in WWII. If you have problems with it go back in time and fix it. And once again he does not need any camo, though I wouldn't mind seeing chickenwire on his helmet and little branches and leaves in there, in maps that are outside like Berezina or Basovka.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
both the german and allied scope look really alike in reallife. In some old topic about setting range on weapons someone posted images of the ironsights of both weapons at different ranges (where the recticle actually wents up instead of some weird mechanism that changed the scope to keep everything always centered).

Both use the german zeiss type optical view with the 3 pointy lines (2 at the sides 1 in the center). So that is correct.

Upvote 0
That was me who posted those pics.

And yes, the Zeiss scopes and the PE, PEM, and PU scopes of the Russians were identicle in the reticle patterns as, like a number of things, the Russians copied the Germans in a number of ways.

The PE and PEM were merely Russian copies of the Zeiss scopes that the Germans were using, modified for use with the Mosin Nagant rifles.

Upvote 0
That was me who posted those pics.

And yes, the Zeiss scopes and the PE, PEM, and PU scopes of the Russians were identicle in the reticle patterns as, like a number of things, the Russians copied the Germans in a number of ways.

The PE and PEM were merely Russian copies of the Zeiss scopes that the Germans were using, modified for use with the Mosin Nagant rifles.

if you posted those pics back then can you upload them once again, its handy to show it when ppl talk about the object again since the old urls died out :p

Upvote 0
Yeah, the old URLs died because I removed the pics from the photo hosting.

I'll see if I can't hunt them down on my comp, but I may have deleted them off it as well... o_O

Edit:

Right, well...

I can't find the pics, and my digital camera's batteries are all dead and in need of recharging, so...

Microsoft Paint to the rescue!!!

mosinnagantscope.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because the optics on the binocular allow for a much greater zoom on a specific target than a scope does?

I personally would love to see snipers get binocs. Far too many times I've sat there wondering if that spec in that window way off in the distance is an enemy or a random piece of rubble, with the scope just not providing enough magnification to tell for sure, and not willing to announce my position by taking a shot at what may be nothing.

Binocs would certainly help in that.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0