• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More Sniper Equipment

Sniper name should change to sharpshooter.
I can't speak for the German language, as my knowledge of it is quite limited with few phrases ("Hende hoch!", "Hitler kaput" and few more), but I don't think there is correct translation of "sharpshooter" in Russian. It means "metkij strelok", but we don't use it as a military term. Up here, I think, sniper is a man with a sniper rifle - wheter he is acting a a real sniper, or in a squad as a sharpshoter - he will be called a sniper.

Upvote 0
I can't speak for the German language, as my knowledge of it is quite limited with few phrases ("Hende hoch!", "Hitler kaput" and few more), but I don't think there is correct translation of "sharpshooter" in Russian. It means "metkij strelok", but we don't use it as a military term. Up here, I think, sniper is a man with a sniper rifle - wheter he is acting a a real sniper, or in a squad as a sharpshoter - he will be called a sniper.

Finnish language has this same issue. Both "real" sniper and sharpshooter are called "tarkka-ampuja". Other terms are tarkkis (snipah), k

Upvote 0

It could be called "Heckensch

Last edited:
Upvote 0
as a slight bit of off topic, if you switch the german scope to be either low or high detail its exactly the same as the russian scope, it only differs when set to textured scope. also the german tiger tank should be able to switch from 1.5 x scope to a 6x scope the latter of which being much more nessicary for 4km max combat which is now available in RO.

Upvote 0
as a slight bit of off topic, if you switch the german scope to be either low or high detail its exactly the same as the russian scope, it only differs when set to textured scope. also the german tiger tank should be able to switch from 1.5 x scope to a 6x scope the latter of which being much more nessicary for 4km max combat which is now available in RO.

I do believe it was 5x zoom that was available to the later war production or modified Tiger I (1944). The Tiger I model we have now is a composite Tiger I in other words It has been generalized so that it has many things that suggest its an early design Tiger pistol ports, old hatch, old engine according to data card, and rubber rimmed wheels.However at the same time there are a lot of things that suggest its a later war Tiger such as the track holders, single light in middle of Tiger hull, no smoke generators, paint scheme, and filters on the back of Tiger. Since it is heavly generalized I dont think it will get a later very specific modernization.:(

Upvote 0