• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Monster Masquerade Opt-In Beta Is Now Live - Build 1069 for Clients and Servers

Kosake;n2324143 said:
Awesome update but I am really not a fan of "get some random game you couldn't care less about to get this weapon". You can do that for cosmetics all you like but making me buy some other game to play *this* game is really not the way to go from my point of view.

They've been doing it since KF1 so don't expect it to go away.. and they're not "making" you buy anything. :eek:

Upvote 0
I'm working my way to unlock the MKB, right now, so I can't comment on that weapon yet.
Regarding the FAL it is a beautiful gun to play with, great fun.
Now, I have a technical problem with the new medic/commando rifle: the textures are all over the place on the model, like, even the red dot has a solid block of texture on it, so I can't really aim properly, and it's a shame 'cause I'm dying to try it properly.

Aside from that I'm having a blast with this update, great job!

Upvote 0
Alright, I stayed up all night and I got the MKB. It feels great, it shoots kinda slow but hits hard, and it sounds 'poppy' (think of the Soma from Warframe or the World at War STG-44) watching the entire front end the gun violently shake in slow motion is amazing.

I tried to solo the wave 25 challenge on hell on earth as a level 12 swat
https://gyazo.com/f10e89031f8e30ff635c3d55be43b49d

https://gyazo.com/17d7333247802814cbf4b8ff2fd22a39

https://gyazo.com/418b36f12c9b2804e56f39c21b7a10a8

and it was rough
https://gyazo.com/3e095a29722ec8d18e2c73c8a0c86f45

But then I finally earned it.
https://gyazo.com/cac775c02e1e88716cdcf42b5126d9c7

https://gyazo.com/94430ca6c6afcbcde9aa9db0e376309f

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kosake;n2324143 said:
Awesome update but I am really not a fan of "get some random game you couldn't care less about to get this weapon". You can do that for cosmetics all you like but making me buy some other game to play *this* game is really not the way to go from my point of view.
They seem to have intended for the the road redeemer to practically be a cosmetic item, very samey performance with the katana, though not entirely. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1502265493

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reclusiarch;n2324147 said:
Now, I have a technical problem with the new medic/commando rifle: the textures are all over the place on the model, like, even the red dot has a solid block of texture on it, so I can't really aim properly, and it's a shame 'cause I'm dying to try it properly.
!

I had this issue as well. Do you have any of the "Horzine Elite" skins equipped on your HMTech 401? I noticed the glitched textures on my 501 were strangely similar. After unequipping my skin from the 401 and restarting the game, the new AR's skin returned to normal. Weird glitch, but thankfully a simple fix.

Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
MileZero;n2324167 said:
I had this issue as well. Do you have any of the "Horzine Elite" skins equipped on your HMTech 401? I noticed the glitched textures on my 501 were strangely similar. After unequipping my skin from the 401 and restarting the game, the new AR's skin returned to normal. Weird glitch, but thankfully a simple fix.

I'll have to give it a go, 'cause as you said, I've got the 401 with an elite skin (I think is elite), thanks a lot for the heads up!

Upvote 0
Oh God, I am loving the FAL. One request regarding my favorite new toy- do you think you could make the scope during ADS the same size as the M14? As it stands, you barely get any visibility while aiming because the rest of the scope blocks your view, yet the physical size of the scope is the same as the M14 when not aiming. Pretty please.

Upvote 0
Been looking into the game again, and I wanna make a couple comments to express my ceaseless whining (please give me attention)
VS SURVIVAL
I really like this gamemode conceptually, and yet it's so broken that I just torture myself every time I go on there to try it. So, there's an advantage for both the zeds and the players, but I'd argue the zeds win it most of the time. This is gonna be a bit extensive, so... be warned I guess(?)
SURVIVORS - Basically, you score the win if you're a medic. I can deal with essentially any perk as a zed except for the medic (unless I get a cheap kill with a Siren or something), and you know what the main reason for that is? In a nutshell? AMMO BOXES AND HEALING GRENADES. Half the games I lose in, we get beat by a cocky medic running around for 20 minutes and tossing health grenades over and over, because all he has to do is sprint like mad with that speed boost, find one of the million ammo boxes (which are so frequent because boss fight/normal mode), toss that nade down, maybe juke the zeds/boss a bit to get that extra heal, and then repeat the process. Healing grenades have become my worst nightmare because of this, and now you guys are planning on making a HEALING GRENADE LAUNCHER.
*nervous chuckle*
The perks that usually dominate a game are the Berserker and Medic (because obviously their health and speed are a major concern). I think each perk has its own advantage in this regard, but those two stand out the most (specifically the Medic, because, forever nades). But in addition to that, the Firebug might have the most significant advantage of all, the Microwave Gun. Spam alt fire. That's it. Just spam alt fire and kill everything, they can't touch you. Unless a Siren traps you or a Clot grabs you, you're set dude. But in the case that THAT happens, so long as you have a Medic, that Siren/Clot is gonna regret ever spawning period. I suppose this is where I should complain about the Medic as a perk altogether? Basically, I'm garbage at the game, but I was doing pretty well for myself as a Medic, mostly because HOLY CRAP THEY HAVE A LOT OF REALLY GOOD ABILITIES. Increased healing potency and recharge, drastic perk boosts, HEALING GRENADES, damage durability, armor plus, like, Jesus the list is never-ending with this perk. I think this needs to be toned down a bit, because this is scarily unbalanced. Even if the Medic lacks a kick to their combat, they shouldn't be this difficult to kill, THEY'RE A MEDIC FOR CHRISSAKES! I thought Medics serve as a "I protect you, you protect me" type of deal, but it's more a "I protect you, and then I protect myself" gig going on? Idk, either I'm a pretty good Medic and I just so happen to do really well as a Medic more than anything else (HoE? *selects Medic*), or I have some kind of a point there. Obviously if you nerf the perk itself too much people will freak out, but you can tone down the healing boosts for one, and in regards to VS, I have an idea:
Take away ammo boxes, and GIVE US MONEY. Main struggle as a Survivor is trying to fend off the nightmarish Zed team with so little money. We don't earn enough from the kills alone, so how about you actually PAY US for surviving a wave? Since that's such an accomplishment by itself... Just add a little bonus to the surviving players, maybe? Besides, freeze / flash / healing grenades will be much less of an annoyance if you just limit the ammo boosts. We have our pistols and our knives, which are enough to take down the lower tier player zeds if we're lucky. And when we die and drop our gun, I find it quite horrifying when my weapon literally disappears before my very eyes while I'm spectating during a bloody match. Especially when I use upgrades, because man, those are expensive as hell and a despawn means everything I worked for will disappear. Can the despawn thing be extended to like the duration of a round, at least, so they have a chance to get their stuff back? And further, is there something we can do about players who take other peoples' weapons and sell them?? We're pretty much powerless if that happens, and I've a couple occasions where some jerk took my stuff and ran off with it... (one of which was actually in a VS match, and we lost unsurprisingly).. Nerf this, boost that...
But uh, as for the ZEDS...
Definitely Pros and Cons there as well. Basically every Zed has some notably OP ability that can be a game-ender in most cases. Obviously there's gotta be competition, but, I think part of the gamemode's bad reputation comes from how easy the game's scale can be tipped this way or that. Despite the OP bit, it's alarming when the bigger Zeds tend to die the easiest? It's not that they're easy to kill exactly, but they're slow and sluggish. And if anyone teams up on them, they'll die, REALLY fast. Meanwhile, crawlers, which have the lowest health values in the game, can take quite a few shots before having to take a dive (typically by suicide), and as it turns out they're the most dangerous Zeds in the gamemode. They can do SO MUCH DAMAGE once they get their dirty claws on you, and they're SO FAST! To make matters worse, their insane leaps allow them to juke me really easily, to the point where I'm actually more afraid of a damn crawler than a fleshpound in this gamemode. Fleshpounds are fairly durable, but for some reason I don't last very long as a Fleshpound whenever I spawn as one... Now this may sounds like a matter of "I'm whining because I'm bad at the game," and err, while that's not necessarily untrue (I'm not that bad I swear), it's a lot different when you have a giant hulking enemy that takes up half your field of vision than when you have a supersonic spider running circles around you. Scrakes and Fleshpounds are all melee, by the way, so Medics are their doom. Fleshpounds are only worth anything because they can land so many consecutive hits, which I suppose is appropriate since they're supposed to be Kings among the other Zeds, but in the end, you can't kill a Medic who knows his stuff.
Then there's body health vs head health... to make this short, I'll just point out that all you need to kill one of the player clots is a couple pistol shots to the skull. Meanwhile, a full round of dead on shotgun blasts isn't enough to finish it. Yeah, decapitation is easier than, err, penetration, but that's absurd. Just the other night I was playing against a gunslinger and it was amazing -- I'd already lost my head by the time I'd come to my senses. So I see this, and I think back to all the times I'd had a gorefast running at me and eating shotgun shells, and wonder... Why is this a thing?
Finally, the Boss, the part that always goes wrong. The Patty is superbly powerful, and a nicely calculated rocket blast will pretty much kill anyone. Some days, Survivors get it easy and they take down a clueless Patty player. Every other day, it's just pure death. That is, until you get the Medics, who run around and nade the Boss to death slowly. This is the most agonizing part of the game, especially since the speed boost becomes so ridiculously frustrating. It comes to the point where you literally just can't get to the player, and you start taking automatic bleeding damage. It's so absurd, this is arguably the most unbalanced part of the whole match. Oh yeah, and WHY NOT THROW A BUNCH OF PLAYER ZEDS INTO THE MIX TO MAKE THINGS SPICY!? Apparently Survivors can't have a good time either, because while trying to concentrate on the boss, a bunch of lower tier Zeds show up and destroy everything. I mean, if you can figure out how to organize your team so a couple guys can handle the boss and another couple can deal with the others, good on you. But once I see crawlers leaping around, I just know it's over for us. The other Zeds are really demanding, so the Pat has a major advantage as soon as these other guys spawn. Oftentimes, the Patty will try and stall until his little friends show up. Also oftentimes, this stresses players to chase the Patty into unavoidable traps. You'd think these other Zeds would help finish business with the Medic, but uh, that rarely goes according to plan *sigh*…
And one more thing: the auto-balance system is broken. I've lost a good couple games as a Survivor due to the fact that Zeds can join in whenever they please, and the balancing system doesn't really do anything after the initial game start. Usually it all goes down on the third wave because like three new players join in as Scrakes, my teammate will be dead, and I'll be out of ammo already... now those ammo boxes do sound interesting, but, it's excessive. We simply need more dosh. I'm sure there's plenty more to be addressed, but I've written my unnecessary essay so yeah. Does it mean anything? Not really..
Does anyone even care about VS at this point? :(

Upvote 0
Sorry about that VS rant, but here's a couple additional notes on my part (and some actual comments about the update itself finally, but NOTE that I haven't actually investigated the Beta yet, and I'm probably just gonna wait for the PS4 update since my PC runs like garbage; I wanna savor this update when it arrives):

-Doomstick buff, thank the gods for this, the debuff was so upsetting.. too many things decreased at once, and the low ammo pool makes the experience with this weapon disappointing.

I feel that it should have maybe around 80 shells, slightly less power than the Boomstick (SLIGHTLY to account for the ammo boost), or maybe make it really heavy again to account for any extra power, but even then, it's not that big of a gun so it doesn't make all that much sense. Idk. I just want this gun like it was in the Beta again. Maybe not that OP, but, God I miss that gun.

-EDAR probably needs a little more of a debuff… well, a bunch of fixes really. Spawngroups are messed up, as others have also mentioned, so that Endless mode will spawn EDARs in excess during a Husk wave or Stalker wave or whatever. These enemies are somehow more tedious to deal with than Stalkers now... because while Stalkers are a nightmare in themselves, they die pretty easily if I get a lock on them. Meanwhile, EDARs demand that you penetrate their chest armor just to get to their weakpoint, which is also in a pretty inconvenient spot.

I'll be up close and personal with my knife just trying to stab that big glowing battery and I'll be sitting there for up to 2 minutes trying to reach past his flailing arms. Maybe it's not as much an issue for other players, but uh, they're still really powerful either way... I was playing Endless (on Normal because I'm testing the limits with the modified difficulty stuff) and I made it considerably far, around wave 100 or so, probably could have kept going if not for my underestimation of the Blaster EDAR.

I was shocked at how fast I had died just then. Every other Zed, though their damage output was low in the beginning, still didn't leave quite so much a mark on me at that point. When I see that bullet eating machine, I figure their damage will be mediocre so long as I take care of them quickly. But they completely wiped me out in an instant. How come the Fleshpound can't do the same thing?

Or rather, why is this a reality in Normal mode? Jeez, this enemy shouldn't be in Normal mode at all if they're this powerful. Also of note, they don't exactly fall into line with the other Zeds in terms of the MEAT and gore stuff. For that reason, I figure if they were placed in the final waves exclusively, it would be like a warning that the Boss was on his way, eh?

Or what if they were simply a prototype for like a new Big Zed? A big cyborg Zed or something? Slightly larger than a Quarter Pounder, charging at you at about the same pace, holding out its Trapper gun and holding you in place as it speeds towards you. Kinda freaky, eh?? Idk, just spitballing. Screw these robots, though.

-I agree with those other guys on the MKb being as high a rank as it is. Should be a Tier 2 or 3 I say. Same goes to the whole Railgun/AMR deal; Shouldn't the Railgun be stronger than the AMR? But I suppose those two are fine as they are.

-About the Seasonal Objective stuff; I have concerns. Remember the EDAR objectives where we fought to unlock the skins? Are those just gone forever now that the event has passed? My DAR is kinda naked since I never unlocked them on console, so... is the MKb gonna disappear too? Wouldn't want that.

-Though the Zweihander was just another example, not too eager to buy another game for that extra weapon. Why not just advertise the game along with the weapon instead of putting them together? *Sigh* oh well. I guess I'll settle for the electrical fisticuffs you gave us.

-You sure about that M203 buff? Once that thing is upgraded, the nades are pretty powerful... but I supposed it might just need a little impact debuff to go with it. PLEASE DON'T BE TOO HARSH IF YOU DO THAT. DON'T LET THIS GO DOWN LIKE THE DOOMSTICK.

-Thanks for the Abomination modifications, that boss in particular was getting boring and tedious for me. I guess he also just looks kinda goofy with those giant axes and his stubby little limbs, wonder if that could be changed a bit to make him more intimidating?

-I hope that you guys get to the Survivalist perk at some point, too. I mean, to add perk specific weapons. I'm hoping to see the Zed Guns show up, in particular. Maybe we could get a MKIII addition to the arsenal? Could be interesting, and maybe we could get the classics I and II back, too(?) Maybe we can make Survivalist into the anti-Zed engineer, something fancy like that.

-My Vault is starting to get laggier with each case I earn... Is this coincidental, or is it having trouble rendering so many BLOCKS of stacks of dosh? Hmm...

-Hope the Fleshpound waves come back to Endless in due time. They're pretty difficult in bigger games, but, exciting nonetheless.

-I'm still unhappy with the Objective mode you guys came out with on Airship. It was poorly executed, and doesn't at all feel like the exciting (yet exceptionally difficult) Objective games from the first KF. New game, new ideas, but, it just needs more...

-One final note for now: nothing new but, the Stand your Ground objectives are a little too demanding. Pretty much impossible to do in harder difficulties, and I often lose potential rewards just because the area is too far away from where I was at the start of the wave. Could this be fixed somehow?

So while I'm concerning myself mostly with the general balance and such, there's still plenty of bugs that should be addressed... like uh,

-the random damage I take from inexistent bloat mines and random fire damage, (or the random freeze/EMP grenade effects in VS, which somehow make it even more irritating), or the occasional last Zed that gets stuck in a vent or something (sorry, final final note)
But I don't have the greatest eye for visual bugs and stuff, so, hope you guys can pull this off with the new update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
The Dubstep is strong with this release. Loving it, although my HMTech-501 textures are messed up, which i'm told is a known issue. I also like how you've added developer notes to the changelog, to explain the reasoning behind the changes, please make this a thing, going forward, it's very useful information.

The new map is awesome and I get a very strong Bedlam vibe from it and DJ Hans is hilarious! I'm not sure if this is just me, but FleX doesn't seem as prominent with headshots (I only have gore enabled, no fluids). I can see intestines when gibbing but headshots look to be vanilla. A bug perhaps?

Nice to see Commando finally get some love as well. I'll be playing more over the weekend to unlock the MKb.42(H)

Great job as usual.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
Overall? Terrific Hans moves, is it boogie he dances to? I love the tiny decoration bits on Monster Ball; the balloons, hanging ghosts in main hall, skeleton with a little croco next to his feet, gandalf-like guy - lol - overlooking the courtyard, destroyable props. Traps! A lot more. Party Castle seems situated on a mountain hill looking at nearby village. Wall grafitti - I am not certain enough, represent some egyptian language, I guess? - remind of Bedlam. There's a memorial stone saying something in greek. Tastic map. Open enough for dynamic runs, Connections breaking the dancefloor shakes up the generic feel of other maps.

Except... Least thing I am positive with, I can't jump on bridge railings in main hall. Such a pain in the *** when healing at 3 corners, suppose so designers decided do that for players won't be able to abuse the map by jumping off the DJ stage.

S'mashing new gun offerings

STG-44.
Insatiable fun firing the bad boy, looks and sounds compared like nothing - going medieval on Wolverines asses. Dun, dun, dun. MP40 next for SWAT please, most requested SMG for me, could care less if underpowered. Thompson might be the next for SWAT, booooo!

HMTech-501
offers for different playstyle, does good for healing the party in tight areas, 401+501 combo scales even better.

FN-FA(I)L
during time I had the FAL on maxed Sharp using LLRLLL pattern, made me think weaker than EBR in DPS area. I couldn't try yet how it goes for Mando, being of the lesser popular perks I play - Surv, Mando, Berk, Slinger. At the end of the day, I never liked the perk in both KF games. I'll let experienced mandos do the FAL thing for me, lol.

Zeddies, zeddies, zeddies

Zed models I love, gorefiends/mummies make it less annoying to shoot them. Trippy thing dem crawlers. Werewolves* (*clots) sound cute when shot dead. Husks I can't figure, annoying sometimes, do they die quickly when shooting at their open chest? I can't see that work, if so. Pumpkin-D.A.R.s, these f*cks stress everyone, anger management time. Scrakes are the real deal. Pounders, ay, free tips, TO HELL! Hans going down from the decks, sweet looking Hans.

To put my impressions in perspective: an update on a whole new level.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Zakxaev68;n2324216 said:
Overall? Terrific Hans moves, is it boogie he dances to? I love the tiny decoration bits on Monster Ball; the balloons, hanging ghosts in main hall, skeleton with a little croco next to his feet, gandalf-like guy - lol - overlooking the courtyard, destroyable props. Traps! A lot more. Party Castle seems situated on a mountain hill looking at nearby village. Wall grafitti - I am not certain enough, represent some egyptian language, I guess? - remind of Bedlam. There's a memorial stone saying something in greek. Tastic map. Open enough for dynamic runs, Connections breaking the dancefloor shakes up the generic feel of other maps.

Except... Least thing I am positive with, I can't jump on bridge railings in main hall. Such a pain in the *** when healing at 3 corners, suppose so designers decided do that for players won't be able to abuse the map by jumping off the DJ stage.

S'mashing new gun offerings

STG-44.
Insatiable fun firing the bad boy, looks and sounds compared like nothing - going medieval on Wolverines asses. Dun, dun, dun. MP40 next for SWAT please, most requested SMG for me, could care less if underpowered. Thompson might be the next for SWAT, booooo!

HMTech-501
offers for different playstyle, does good for healing the party in tight areas, 401+501 combo scales even better.

FN-FA(I)L
during time I had the FAL on maxed Sharp using LLRLLL pattern, made me think weaker than EBR in DPS area. I couldn't try yet how it goes for Mando, being of the lesser popular perks I play - Surv, Mando, Berk, Slinger. At the end of the day, I never liked the perk in both KF games. I'll let experienced mandos do the FAL thing for me, lol.

Zeddies, zeddies, zeddies

Zed models I love, gorefiends/mummies make it less annoying to shoot them. Trippy thing dem crawlers. Werewolves* (*clots) sound cute when shot dead. Husks I can't figure, annoying sometimes, do they die quickly when shooting at their open chest? I can't see that work, if so. Pumpkin-D.A.R.s, these f*cks stress everyone, anger management time. Scrakes are the real deal. Pounders, ay, free tips, TO HELL! Hans going down from the decks, sweet looking Hans.

To put my impressions in perspective: an update on a whole new level.

you pretty much cant use the FAL as your only weapon with a commando. not enough ammo. sure you can be some kinda headshot commando, then again, why not just play a Ss then. it is a cool weapon..basically a select fire m14.

Upvote 0
Kothre;n2324197 said:
Oh God, I am loving the FAL. One request regarding my favorite new toy- do you think you could make the scope during ADS the same size as the M14? As it stands, you barely get any visibility while aiming because the rest of the scope blocks your view, yet the physical size of the scope is the same as the M14 when not aiming. Pretty please.

and what is with that stupid fisheye lense effect...some 20 dollar chinese knock off scope?

Reactions: Zakxaev68
Upvote 0