• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 MG's are to easy

I firmly believe in removing zoom and contracting ballistic curves by half. In other words MP will be zeroed to 50 metres and have maximum effective range of 100; MG to 75 metres and maximum effective of 300-400 etc.

This way, drop compensation will play a part plus there will be no disorienting FOV changes. It should be tried in the mod.

Upvote 0
I support no zoom. As far as ballistics goes, I just support whatever is realistic.

And if by "The mod" you mean the IOM, I believe zoom is removed in the IOM, I dunno about other things, haven't been able to play in awhile.

Actually its a server setting but personally prefer it off and I believe the servers running it now have it off.

Upvote 0
I support no zoom. As far as ballistics goes, I just support whatever is realistic

Contracted ballistic curves are necessary as they make you compensate for drop more often. think about it as a workaround to objects appearing more distant due to limited screen resolution! now you simply treat them as being further away.

I consider that bullet velocity can be reduced as well: remember how tanks were a better experience in ro: o when their rounds travelled two times slower?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually its a server setting but personally prefer it off and I believe the servers running it now have it off.
Ahh, either way, no zoom is good.
Tiger2 said:
Contracted ballistic curves are necessary as they make you compensate for drop more often. think about it as a workaround to objects appearing more distant due to limited screen resolution! now you simply treat them as being further away.

I consider that bullet velocity can be reduced as well: remember how tanks were a better experience in ro: o when their rounds travelled two times slower?
I mean, I don't mind actual statistics (that we aren't really supposed to see anyway) being altered as long as it provides a realistic simulation. I would like to actually have to compensate for drop fairly often. I'm just afraid that making a change like that would be a bit jarring after doing it like this all this time.
And unfortunately I never had a chance to get into Ostfront ):
And the one time I tried doing anything in a tank went horribly wrong.
I drove the tank into a wall then the tank exploded.
I then vowed never to curse a tank crew with my presence ever again.

Upvote 0