• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

MeshRef= Vs. Mesh=

slavek

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
I noticed newer TWI code contains MeshRef= instead of Mesh= in a weapon's default properties. Could anyone clear up what the differences of these are and why it changed(Not sure when it changed exactly)?

ro_sauce

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
the ref's (skin, mesh, sound, array, etc.) are for dynamically loading (when the pickup is present in the map, or bought from trader) and unloading (when pickups are wiped from map) of assets.

it's so ppl with carp computers can still play.

Gartley

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 27, 2010
UK
www.wildcardproductionstudios.co.uk
^ Exactly that. Same with TextureRef, and SoundRef

Some weapons still don't have it (unless it's now all been changed.) And continue to use the Mesh var.

It'd be interesting to see some stats on how well this works.

ro_sauce

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
You can use the old way just fine.
I don't use refs in my weapons and people with old computers can use them perfectly fine, so I don't know how much of a benefit the ref system really is.