[MAP]WF-Saint Come du Mont

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Raven1986

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 24, 2014
Geez, you didn't listen to my singing yet Sajer? Shame on you! :D
If you love the propaganda voices you'd be happy to listen to the 500 files (actually 498) I recorded for a German soldier.

PoisonStrudel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Love this map, feels like a proper french town. Also liked the added propaganda done, first time I played it I though Raven joined the game

nymets1104

Dec 18, 2012
USA
Working on Beta 2 now, feel free to post any issues or suggestions you may have with the map.

I got a lot of good feedback from the Heroes of the West Players Steam Group. If you aren't part of this group, click here to join. Events posted several times a week with 30+ players joining in at times.

nymets1104

Dec 18, 2012
USA
Yes I will address this. The current cap time is rather long too (45 secs). Going to make this probably 30 secs. I will look into moving spawn too

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
The biggest issue I have with this map is the lighting. If it weren't for the dark night sky, I would swear it was a daytime map.

Even if in full moonlight, it seems too bright. I would think that things should look darker and because of that there would be less color saturation. In darkness things tend to look greyer/bluer...

With that said, last night I mentioned this during a map round and Lemonator said he thought it was too dark and in one building (in particular the Barn at E), he had to turn up the brightness to see. Correct me if I am wrong on that :p But for me, it was as if it was daylight. Perhaps there may be other issues?

nymets1104

Dec 18, 2012
USA
The biggest issue I have with this map is the lighting. If it weren't for the dark night sky, I would swear it was a daytime map.

Even if in full moonlight, it seems too bright. I would think that things should look darker and because of that there would be less color saturation. In darkness things tend to look greyer/bluer...

With that said, last night I mentioned this during a map round and Lemonator said he thought it was too dark and in one building (in particular the Barn at E), he had to turn up the brightness to see. Correct me if I am wrong on that :p But for me, it was as if it was daylight. Perhaps there may be other issues?

I have heard this from others also. In the next update I am switching the Postamenos poplar leaves to a darker material. I originally used the lighter grass to brighten things up but might need to modify this to a darker barashka type material. I can play with toning down overall brightness also, the only downside to this is each lighting rebuild takes nearly 2 hours!

I have noticed dark interiors on some You Tube videos and think I can address this with a post processing volume. I will play with it and see. Thanks for the feedback Moe!

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
I have noticed dark interiors on some You Tube videos and think I can address this with a post processing volume. I will play with it and see. Thanks for the feedback Moe!

Note: for me the interiors of buildings seemed light considering the lighting sources. I will pay more attention next time...

nymets1104

Dec 18, 2012
USA
Updated 03/26/2015

Download Here (105 MB)

Note: File Name has not changed and is in line with the SWS file

The new file is 107 MB as the old was 105 MB

Change Notes 03/26/2015
Increased Map time to 24 minutes for 64 players
Reduced brightness of exterior lighting
Changed grass material to a darker version
Added Post Processing Volumes to nearly all interiors to ensure proper lighting
Postamenos has provided darker "nighttime" textures for all trees and bushes that he created
Added many covernodes and fixed mantling on most fences and walls
Removed Artillery from both sides allowing only Mortars for both sides
Added Red zone to chicken farm when C and D caps are still contested
Removed Orthodox Church decals
Fixed several "traps" where a player could get stuck between objects
Added a few decorative objects
Added Debris and clutter near destroyed buildings and in the streets
Reduced Objective A cap time from 45 secs to 30 secs

OP also updated

I appreciate all of the feedback I have received from this map and encourage anyone to post any thoughts or issues they have with the map here.

Last edited:

G_Sajer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2011
Minnesota
:confused:

Two attempts to run this update blew up the server. I pulled it as a defensive measure until I get corroboration that others have run it successfully.

nymets1104

Dec 18, 2012
USA
:confused:

Two attempts to run this update blew up the server. I pulled it as a defensive measure until I get corroboration that others have run it successfully.

OK will look into it. We tested last night on an unranked server and had no problems.

PoisonStrudel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Any chance someone could post some screens of the updated version, for some reason WF maps don't appear in the steam workshop section so I can't play with bots, I'd really like to see what the map looks like now

Moskeeto

Dec 29, 2011
WF maps do show up in the Steam workshop section. You just have to make sure you click on "Custom" first.