• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Gumrakstation

I tried getting up and running and it will download with redirect just fine and seems fine with no errors but it will never load and the game is totally locked up at that point. I have to literally log off or shutdown the machine just to get back to desktop and out of the game. It never crashes and there's no way to kill it unless I do one of the two I mentioned.

Upvote 0
:)

Just to let folks know...

I DID get this map running on the No2 server, and the pubbies are playing
it right this moment. So I'll make it active on all platforms. Whatever
is causing my issue apparently has nothing to do with the map.

So what did you do to finally get it working. Never had this issues till this release on our server. It does exactly what you said your issue was. Totally locks up my system during the actual load. Downloads fine and stays in the start state and Rogame.exe stays Not Responding. Only way out is ctrl, alt, delete and log off - doesn't allow me to get to anything on screen stays white once out.

Upvote 0
I always test by clearing out my cache and I've never used Workshop. I also don't have the folder Published as described to you for possibly fixing the issue.

All uploaded maps that currently work with RO\RS patch work except this one and this is the first time I've seen this issue.

Does anyone else know what it might be locally that is causing the issue.

Would any of you that have played it say in the last few days try joining my server - add me to your steam so we can chat and I'll change to the map and you can report if it loads fine for you or not?

I'd really like to get this up and running properly. TIA

Upvote 0
After about the 4th or 5th time of downloading from forum and re-uploading to server and testing - I've finally been able to get the map to load without issue on my system.

Have no idea what was causing the issue and nothing was done locally and the file sizes and files didn't seem to change in anyway with any of the times I tried.

I've done it 4-5 times and today the last time trying actually worked. Wish I knew what the issue was??? Oh well as long as its working. Enjoy.

Upvote 0
Some of the barbed wire/wooden blockades in the beginning of the map can be stood on top of, or can be walked/ran through

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Maybe some balancing tips:
Could German spawn on first point either get an ammo point so SL's / CO can restock their Smoke grenades, because for sure the initial stock of nades isn't sufficient unless it's super coordinated game play.

I also find it strange that Germans are launching an offensive without initial support from artillery.. So radio would also be nice. But can't have both so one of the two would be great. Several times seen german teams who just get bogged down to the MG fire from the Russians and insufficient smokes make charges to the A point just suicidal.

Upvote 0
Phew. Just got back from a loong campaign, we spanked the Axis on Bridges and Winterwald and all the other maps.
But we got bogged down every time we attacked Gumrakstation.
It was the last map we needed to Win the campaign.
When we lost it we had to go back 1 map to defend then back to Gumrakstation again and again.

We played it 4 times, but we always ran out of reinforcements on the two caps after "Headquarter" They kept taking them back.
If we flanked them on one side, we never had time to take the other.
Its too far, especially if you're flanking from the outside.
We won the Campaign eventually by griding down their "Combat Power"

I must have played this map close to 30 times now.
Only time its easy to win is when the defenders have no clue and leaves the cap unprotected.
I don't think the attackers have won more than 20% of the time I've played it.
Even when stacked with some of the best veterans, we could not take it.
Usually because of reinforcements and time.

The biggest problem is that the two caps that follows after headquarter can be re-taken by the defenders.
They can take it back much faster than we can shift from left to right.

A quick and fair fix is to not allow any cap zones to be re-taken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0