• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

I am having issues with P1.

Running like a bag of nails and I am unsure why. Crashed my PC the first time I ran it. I have removed it from rotation for now, will stick B10 back on.

Maybe I am missing something, But the ENV_xxx files are in the kb's now, were MB's before, no?

ColdSteel_P1

Runs GREAT for us....
The four ENV Files

• ENV_Coldsteel_factory: 4745kb PLYR *** 4kb SVR
  • Env_DR_Brick_walls: 19,509kb PLYR **** 5kb SVR
  • Env_DR_floor_parts: 4181kb PLYR ***** 2kb SVR
  • ENV_DR_Misc: 7203kb PLYR ********* 10kb SVR
The three maps

• TE-ColdSteel_p1: 118390kb PLYR **** 27903kb SVR
  • CD-ColdSteel_p1: 122018kb PLYR **** 26489kb SVR
  • FF-ColdSteel_p1: 121842kb PLYR **** 27746kb SVR
Make certain there are no residual OLD Coldsteel files on either the player (client) machine and/or the Server. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ColdSteel_P1

Runs GREAT for us....
The four ENV Files

• ENV_Coldsteel_factory: 4745kb PLYR *** 4kb SVR
  • Env_DR_Brick_walls: 19,509kb PLYR **** 5kb SVR
  • Env_DR_floor_parts: 4181kb PLYR ***** 2kb SVR
  • ENV_DR_Misc: 7203kb PLYR ********* 10kb SVR
The three maps

• TE-ColdSteel_p1: 118390kb PLYR **** 27903kb SVR
  • CD-ColdSteel_p1: 122018kb PLYR **** 26489kb SVR
  • FF-ColdSteel_p1: 121842kb PLYR **** 27746kb SVR
Make certain there are no residual OLD Coldsteel files on either the player (client) machine and/or the Server. I hope this helps.

Thanks. yeah, I had already checked and double checked the usual.
It runs, but not great. Out of the 6 times I have joined to test, it crashed my pc 3 times. Put B10 back on, that runs ok.
Will go back and start again from scratch with it when I get a min tomorrow to stop the server again.

Upvote 0
Thanks. yeah, I had already checked and double checked the usual.
It runs, but not great. Out of the 6 times I have joined to test, it crashed my pc 3 times. Put B10 back on, that runs ok.
Will go back and start again from scratch with it when I get a min tomorrow to stop the server again.

If B10 runs OK, I'm willing to bet that when you try P1 and experience trubs, there's still some B10 files messing with you.

Upvote 0
just ran through the latest version. awesome! i like how you protected the german spawn and gave them the option of going under the sliding doors. are there any spots that can be opened up with satchels, to make alternate routes to objectives?

Glad you like it. I'm glad its out as I got kind of bumped with all this crash rumours. The map is ok I can't help that with each update people had to clear the cache. I cant imagine your supposed to add all the custom stuff in the mapfile.
So I choose to add them in extra UPK files.

And I only wonder if this release is on the TWI redirect or servers as I hardly see it on.

Upvote 0
Glad you like it. I'm glad its out as I got kind of bumped with all this crash rumours. The map is ok I can't help that with each update people had to clear the cache. I cant imagine your supposed to add all the custom stuff in the mapfile.
So I choose to add them in extra UPK files.

And I only wonder if this release is on the TWI redirect or servers as I hardly see it on.

The root of all the problems with map file versions is very likely due to some servers still running OLDER Versions of the map. The practice causes multiple file versions to stay in circulation, thus causing users all sorts of problems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i remember somone warning the owner of the first map to come out, to be careful not to put out too many betas. i guess this is why. i noticed the other night as i was trying to download all the latest, there was a well-known server still running an old map. that's not gonna help anything. i'd say i think it's best if you only allow guys you have contact with, to have the server files. that way you know the only files out there are the new ones. but hey, who am i? i didn't spend all those hard hours making it. i can surely understand how bad you want to see it on every server, full.

Upvote 0
Finally got the opportunity to play this map on a full server just now. It is definitely one of my favourite maps so far. Good work on the covernodes! They're not perfect (still missing plenty on certain parts of the map), but it's a huge improvement since last time I played and makes the gameplay very smooth. I also really enjoyed the addition of the basement portion.

Upvote 0
Well finally I manage to play Coldsteel_P1 with a decent numner of humans yesterday. 9 vs 9 or 10 vs 10. Don't remember the precise number. Turned out good. Both teams have chance if they play as supposed and go for the cap as a team instead of playing the lone wolf and just kill players.

I still see servers running beta 10. These two Russian servers run beta 10 and are full. I can't join as it would make me have to switch files everytime.

Upvote 0
facepalm_bw.jpg

Upvote 0
Well Its nice to see the map finally get more playtime.

Thanks.
finally? i think it's the mod map i get to play on the most! guess i'm just luckier than most. ;)
hey Drecks, have you ever given thought to destroyable objects? i love the rolling doors that let you slide under, but i'd love to get a chance tp play engineer on that map and blow stuff up. knocking down a wall here or there, would be cool. or blowing some of that barbed wire out of the way to allow access to a cap, instead of it going away on it's own when the cap is available.
(is it wrong of me to want to blow up your map?:eek:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0