• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Hotfix Is Live

I'd like to add to my previous post..
It's a funny thing. The soul purpose of me backing up my save to the cloud prior to beating the final boss on v1.03 was because I didn't know if this was a "point of no return" in the game. I wasn't aware that you could continue to play after beating the game. I also didn't know about any of the glitches/bugs reported. I guess I got lucky in some way since I actually aquired all in-game upgrades and seemed to get those 100%-tags on every area. And of course not loosing my savedata during the playthrough.

The only thing I wish I didn't do was to tailwhip open the gates, or atleast leaving out one of the three. After some digging around it seems like opening one of those gates could potentially solve the 100%-issue, I read that for some people it did. Oh well.

Upvote 0
Still upset I bought the game at full price. I should’ve waited for it to drop to 30 once all these bugs are fixed. Had my game reset on me twice thus far, one time when I had just reached level 30, no more than 10 seconds later and everything is wiped. It’s an extremely fun game, but these bugs are game breaking, I’ve been patiently waiting for weeks. I don’t understand how you can make an open world game without the option to manually save, it just doesn’t make any sense. I hope we’ll at least be rewarded with some free DLC for this delay, as much as I wanted to get a refund I liked the game and at this point I’ve waited for too long to get one anyways.

Upvote 0
Well, still no update available on Xbox...
Nope, and i mean it's now Tuesday 2am at Microsoft HQ right? I get its kinda out of Tripwires hands now but just don't give timescales that you can't control and make people wait and expect something they're not going to get. I mean the initial post said it could have been 'later that day' just frustrating i bought a game over two weeks ago and it is still yet to work for me.

Upvote 0
Nope, and i mean it's now Tuesday 2am at Microsoft HQ right? I get its kinda out of Tripwires hands now but just don't give timescales that you can't control and make people wait and expect something they're not going to get. I mean the initial post said it could have been 'later that day' just frustrating i bought a game over two weeks ago and it is still yet to work for me.

This is the last time I'm buying a Tripwire game. This is ridiculous. People complaining on other supporters that even some fix in the patch aren't fixing anything.
I hope that it will at least get rid of this overheating issue...

And the worst part is that you can't get refunded because the game is out since more than 2 weeks :)

I never saw anything like that. Might be the poorest game launch I've EVER seen.
And we'll never get anything from that. You guys should be working on a way to reward the patience of players because I spent 40€ on a game I can't play and I've been nice enough to avoid claiming a refund hoping for a fix...

• Wow
Reactions: KoldStrejke
Upvote 0
As far as I'm concerned this patch didn't fix anything. I have everything complete 100%, unlocked everything, maxed everything out, revisited all the areas, opened all the gates, and my progress still shows that my story completion is at 99% and the Queen of the Ocean trophy still won't pop. There is absolutely nothing more I can do or have to do in the game and I'm getting really ticked off at this point because I want to be done with this game, but I can't uninstall it and move on until you fix this dang issue. It's been weeks!

Upvote 0
This is the last time I'm buying a Tripwire game. This is ridiculous. People complaining on other supporters that even some fix in the patch aren't fixing anything.
I hope that it will at least get rid of this overheating issue...

And the worst part is that you can't get refunded because the game is out since more than 2 weeks :)

I never saw anything like that. Might be the poorest game launch I've EVER seen.
And we'll never get anything from that. You guys should be working on a way to reward the patience of players because I spent 40€ on a game I can't play and I've been nice enough to avoid claiming a refund hoping for a fix...

the times they have given should be taken as general, not set. as adults you/me/we. need to just be patient and wait.
try turning your resolution down to 720p on your platform of choice. it will help ease the strain on your machine. my PS4 (PRO) 1080p, and Xbox One (X) 1080p, have had no overheating issues. fan noise yes but no over heating issues.

Upvote 0
the times they have given should be taken as general, not set. as adults you/me/we. need to just be patient and wait.
try turning your resolution down to 720p on your platform of choice. it will help ease the strain on your machine. my PS4 (PRO) 1080p, and Xbox One (X) 1080p, have had no overheating issues. fan noise yes but no over heating issues.

Switching resolution does nothing since it's not a Xbox hardware issue but a bug with the game itself (can confirm, I tried to downgrade to 720p already). I payed 40€ day one for a game I can't play. The game launched May 22th. We're June 9th and I still can't play it (when I say I can't play it, I really mean it. The game really crash in less than 5 minutes). This is not being childish.

Upvote 0