Maneater Hotfix Is Live

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
This update is currently
Epic Game Store: Live
PlayStation 4: Live (Build 1.04)
Xbox 1: Live (Build 1.0.7.0)

The changelog is as follows:

All Platforms
  • Save Game
    • Added a backup save system where the game will keep two saves in a save slot incase one becomes unavailable so it can fallback to the previous
    • Added additional protection to keep save files from being overwritten
    • Added additional protection to the save system to keep saves from corrupting
  • Optimization and Environmental
    • Optimized environmental buildings
    • Optimization done to the map menu
    • Optimization and Fixes done to particles that were impacting performance on all platforms
    • Fixed the large crashed tanker in the prologue having geometry with missing collision
    • Fixed a case where landmark audio cues would not play
    • Fixed bridge geometry in Fawtick Bayou where the player shark could become stuck
    • Fixed pontoon boat next to Flamingo Joe’s having the wrong textures
    • Made sure fire that was missing from some Tiki torches and statutes was relit
    • Fixed several environmental collision issues
  • Landmark and Collectables
    • Retroactive fix for collectible and landmark objectives that got destroyed but still indicated you needed to complete/find them. You will need to re-enter an area to trigger this fix in each area. (NOTE: This does not fix quests that show as being completed or objectives fulfilled but the reward was not given. For example: Queen of the Ocean or specific evolution unlocks. This will be addressed in another update.)
  • Quest, Prey and Bounty Hunters
    • Changed bounty hunters to no longer require diver kills to progress
    • Balanced King Mackerel and Parrot Fish levels to give the same nutrients
    • Fixed a situation where bounty hunter boss boats would linger after the boss and player shark had died in combat
    • Fixed quest flow so that it will not break if players refuse to eat Pete’s hand
    • Fixed a situation where infamy would not progress if players did not equip sonar
    • Fixed a situation where the narrator would cut off Pete taunting the shark
    • Fixed a situation where re-engaging bounty hunters after they had lost the player would not retrigger bounty hunter wave
    • Fixed several cinematic frame issues
    • Fixed a situation where multiple objectives of the same type could be selected for the waypoint
  • Player Shark and Combative Wildlife
    • Fixed a situation where the player shark would revert to the prologue mother shark
    • Fixed harpoons floating outside the shark player model without impaling it
    • Fixed a situation where the shark mass in the UI would be incorrect with certain evolutions equipped
    • Fixed a situation where the tiger shark skin would lose upgrade
    • Fixed a situation where the biting player shark would bump prey away instead of biting it
    • Fixed a situation where combative AI fins and limbs would shake if the player shark came close
    • Fixed a situation where combative wild life would stop targeting the player if they played too long
    • Fixed mother shark back of eye during a held bite, she would prefer if you did not look that closely
  • Menu
    • Fixed loading screen hints that had incorrect text
    • Updated credits
PS4:
  • Fixed a controller disconnection that could result in a freeze/crash and corrupt save
  • Added further Dynamic Resolution adjustments to improve framerate
XB1:
  • Fixed an issue where disconnecting the controller or switching profile would result in the game going back to the main menu without saving
  • Fixed an issue which could cause some hardware to shutdown
  • Fixed trees popping in during the opening cinematic
  • Fixed a situation where gore chunk geometry would stretch
  • Fixed a situation where the main menu UI would not update if the player signed into Xbox Live
PC
  • Fixed ESC button not being usable in Key Mapping or Video Settings

We apologize for the frustration these issues have caused you and thank you for your patience as we have worked to get them addressed. For all the latest keep your eyes here . We are continuing to work towards other fixes and QoL updates for all players.

Last edited:
Are you One X owners having overheating playing on Project Scorpio editions? I had overheating issues with my Scorpio One X with Bloodstained and Darksiders III. I had to reflow thermal paste on the heatsink. It's not overly difficult to disassemble your Xbox, but it will void your warranty. Took about 20 minutes and $10 worth of supplies (paste, spudger, screwdriver).

That said, I couldn't solve all of the overheating problems this way, and ended up getting a new One X, which has not had the problem. There may be some issue with the launch hardware.

My Scorpio edition plays RDR2, AC Odyssey, Forza quite happily for hours, but was overheat crashing on the first second of Maneater gameplay before the patch. While there is certainly some sort of quirk that makes them more crash prone, they definitely do have working cooling generally.

Do you have the overheating issue on xb1 x? I'm reading quite a few reports saying the patch didn't fix the issue!!!!
No. The big one for me is the missing landmark being marked found with none of the unlocks. The patch basically made it so instead of adding the landmark for me to get, they gave it to me locking me out of the Shadow skin and about 4 achievements.

Status report (PS4 Pro).

Replayed the game on v1.04, leaving caches/landmarks/license plates in each area. Finished the game.
Mopped up the remaining collectibles post-game.
Once I collected 100% in Crawfish Bay which I left for last, it triggered Queen of the Ocean and Platinum.

It even triggered with a grate left untouched in The Gulf, didn't open any of the tailwhip-gates and only reached infamy level 6.

So it's supposed to pop once every area on the map says 100%. At least it did for me. Didn't pop on v1.03 though.

Pausing the game and checking the Log-tab still puts me att 99% Story Complete even though I've finished the story. Don't know what that's all about.

It fixed the issues listed in the patch notes in the original post. If this is not the case for you and you have a bug on that list that is still happening, make a post devoted to details about your system and what you are experiencing.

Reactions: KoldStrejke
When will the next hotfix be made available for PS4? Not feeling the love when Xbox is three ahead. Game is at 100%. Says I have 21/21 of the nutrient caches in the Gulf area but there is no green check mark, so the trophy didn’t pop. So the game says it is at 100% and I cannot get “Ruler of the Deep”, “Queen of the Ocean”, “Deep Sea Explorer” or the Platimun trophies.

There is a nutrient cache in the gulf in a cave which was never visible when I played and still isn’t if I load an old save.

The last hotfix granted me 100% in sections which were not complete before too, so it seems like your hotfix took away gameplay by granting completed areas?

It seems like TripWire is no longer actively fixing this very buggy release?!? So when can the PS4 community expect the next update? Will it actually fix things or just shortcut the game some more?

The game still crashes a lot on the Sticky Pete fight too by the way.

The same amount of patches has been applied to all platforms. A Day 0 patch and hotfix 1. We are working on another update now where we hope to address other issues that some players are expereincing such as unlocks not triggering properly in some situations and further stability issues.

This is infuriating. How did this game make it out of QC? How could you not prioritize fixes to remedy progression issues? You crowed about this patch and then you deliver something that doesn’t even fix the issue.
I have purchased thousands and thousands of games in my 40 years of gaming, and I am about to do something I have NEVER before done: I’m going to ask Microsoft for a refund. I understand that games will ship with bugs. But bugs that completely jack up progression? Come on...”

Great! When will it be available? It seems like stalling when you don’t answer questions. Will it address the issue I described?

The game would be great if it hadn’t launched with so many serious bugs. The fact that one patch didn’t fix all the issues suggests that your QA process needs some improvements. It’s not like this is your first title...

Three weeks is a long time to expect customers to put up with a broken product!

The game would be great if it hadn’t launched with so many serious bugs. The fact that one patch didn’t fix all the issues suggests that your QA process needs some improvements. It’s not like this is your first title...

Three weeks is a long time to expect customers to put up with a broken product!
I don't know what it is about underwater games but they tend to be buggy. Jaws Unleashed was a frequent crasher and lagged to death. Atleast Tripwire is fixing some bugs. Majesco never patched Jaws Unleashed.

I don't know what it is about underwater games but they tend to be buggy. Jaws Unleashed was a frequent crasher and lagged to death. Atleast Tripwire is fixing some bugs. Majesco never patched Jaws Unleashed.
Tripwire makes killing floor 2... I expected they would be better at this...

this patch didn't fix saving or crashing issues on Xbox One S.... towards the end, my game crashed to Xbox dashboard about 5 times, each time while on a loading screen. After one crash, the game stopped autosaving for some reason and I lost about an hour of progress, but this was fixed by exiting to the main menu and reopening the save file. Still bad framerate drops when fighting hunters too. me thinks there's more work to be done...

Reactions: Warlock7PSN
The landmarks have now updated and it says I have completed them all but it did not reward me with 2 pieces of the shadow armour that i am still missing ?