Maneater Hotfix Is Live

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
This update is currently
Epic Game Store: Live
PlayStation 4: Live (Build 1.04)
Xbox 1: Live (Build 1.0.7.0)

The changelog is as follows:

All Platforms
  • Save Game
    • Added a backup save system where the game will keep two saves in a save slot incase one becomes unavailable so it can fallback to the previous
    • Added additional protection to keep save files from being overwritten
    • Added additional protection to the save system to keep saves from corrupting
  • Optimization and Environmental
    • Optimized environmental buildings
    • Optimization done to the map menu
    • Optimization and Fixes done to particles that were impacting performance on all platforms
    • Fixed the large crashed tanker in the prologue having geometry with missing collision
    • Fixed a case where landmark audio cues would not play
    • Fixed bridge geometry in Fawtick Bayou where the player shark could become stuck
    • Fixed pontoon boat next to Flamingo Joe’s having the wrong textures
    • Made sure fire that was missing from some Tiki torches and statutes was relit
    • Fixed several environmental collision issues
  • Landmark and Collectables
    • Retroactive fix for collectible and landmark objectives that got destroyed but still indicated you needed to complete/find them. You will need to re-enter an area to trigger this fix in each area. (NOTE: This does not fix quests that show as being completed or objectives fulfilled but the reward was not given. For example: Queen of the Ocean or specific evolution unlocks. This will be addressed in another update.)
  • Quest, Prey and Bounty Hunters
    • Changed bounty hunters to no longer require diver kills to progress
    • Balanced King Mackerel and Parrot Fish levels to give the same nutrients
    • Fixed a situation where bounty hunter boss boats would linger after the boss and player shark had died in combat
    • Fixed quest flow so that it will not break if players refuse to eat Pete’s hand
    • Fixed a situation where infamy would not progress if players did not equip sonar
    • Fixed a situation where the narrator would cut off Pete taunting the shark
    • Fixed a situation where re-engaging bounty hunters after they had lost the player would not retrigger bounty hunter wave
    • Fixed several cinematic frame issues
    • Fixed a situation where multiple objectives of the same type could be selected for the waypoint
  • Player Shark and Combative Wildlife
    • Fixed a situation where the player shark would revert to the prologue mother shark
    • Fixed harpoons floating outside the shark player model without impaling it
    • Fixed a situation where the shark mass in the UI would be incorrect with certain evolutions equipped
    • Fixed a situation where the tiger shark skin would lose upgrade
    • Fixed a situation where the biting player shark would bump prey away instead of biting it
    • Fixed a situation where combative AI fins and limbs would shake if the player shark came close
    • Fixed a situation where combative wild life would stop targeting the player if they played too long
    • Fixed mother shark back of eye during a held bite, she would prefer if you did not look that closely
  • Menu
    • Fixed loading screen hints that had incorrect text
    • Updated credits
PS4:
  • Fixed a controller disconnection that could result in a freeze/crash and corrupt save
  • Added further Dynamic Resolution adjustments to improve framerate
XB1:
  • Fixed an issue where disconnecting the controller or switching profile would result in the game going back to the main menu without saving
  • Fixed an issue which could cause some hardware to shutdown
  • Fixed trees popping in during the opening cinematic
  • Fixed a situation where gore chunk geometry would stretch
  • Fixed a situation where the main menu UI would not update if the player signed into Xbox Live
PC
  • Fixed ESC button not being usable in Key Mapping or Video Settings

We apologize for the frustration these issues have caused you and thank you for your patience as we have worked to get them addressed. For all the latest keep your eyes here . We are continuing to work towards other fixes and QoL updates for all players.

Last edited:
Can confirm. Updating now.
Any idea on why we need to download the entire game each patch though? (Purely informative question).

Anyway. 6GB to Download. We'll see in about 3 hours once download is complete if the game is fixed! Hoping for the best!

I've updated my game, i was missing a Landmark in Prosperity Sands, it now shows 10/10 but not given me the Shadow Tail or any achievements tied with getting all collectibles, guess i'll now have to wait for next update.

Hello, I'm on Xbox and I completed the game completely 100% but didn't receive the achievement "Queen of the Sea" do you know when I will receive the achievement please?

Sigh. I needed one bugged landmark for 100%. After hot fix, now I have 100%, but none of the achievementos popped and I didn’t get my shadow body.

Hey, the patch has not fixed over heating for my console.

I’m still not out of the tutorial, the game seems great
I haven’t killed anything yet but water looks cool.

Played for like 20 minutes before overheating thing happened again bought the game at launch waited for this fix and still can't play I'm trying my absolute hardest to get a refund cause this is ridiculous

So was the hotfix for the xbox just to waste time and hard-drive space? It fixed absolutely none of the issues in my game.

I've updated my game, i was missing a Landmark in Prosperity Sands, it now shows 10/10 but not given me the Shadow Tail or any achievements tied with getting all collectibles, guess i'll now have to wait for next update.

I feel with you, Panda, exactly my situation as well. As I mentioned in my older post - I love the game as a whole. Just too bad this bug situation is somewhat ruining the overall impression for a lot of people. Anyway, let's be patient and wait for the next patch. Hopefully by then we can enjoy the game in its full glory.

I started a new game on v1.04, leaving some stuff in each area, not opening any tailwhip-gates. We'll see how it goes..
Only missing Queen of the Ocean and Platinum. My first save got stuck on 99% despite having unlocked and maxed out everything. Game even told me I reached 100% Game Completion post credits.

If I don't get 100% on v1.04 I'm not touching the game until there's solid confirmation regarding crushed bugs/glitches and game-breakers.

Also hoping for some sort of free compensation (DLC/or similar) from the developers after this glitchy release.

And for the love of something almighty, fix the combat targeting. Being able to have a fixed lock-on while fighting would be of tremendous use. Simply pressing R3 (PS4) to get a quick focus doesn't help much when fighting fast predators. You just spin around getting dizzy, the fighting as of now feels sloppy.

OK, so I waited all week and weekend for the 1.0.7.0 patch to go live for Xbox. I excitedly booted it up, so I could claim that last landmark at Dead Man's Cove, and with that also get the Shadow Jaw, which I could immediately upgrade with resources on-hand, and then get the 100% achievement. And then I see that all your patch did was mark the landmark complete, WITHOUT giving me credit towards 100%, WITHOUT uinlocking the Shadow jaws. This is really not cool.

Played for like 20 minutes before overheating thing happened again bought the game at launch waited for this fix and still can't play I'm trying my absolute hardest to get a refund cause this is ridiculous

Not gonna lie a little disappointed, I got onto the Xbox seen there was a 6gb update and decided to come on here and see what was new as it was 6gb, I thought they might have added some stuff or remove the growth cap for after story is completed like everyone keeps asking but instead it’s just fixes smh. I can’t play this game because I’ve done 100% just remove the damn growth cap It’s not asking a lot then the people that have completed it (btw only took me 10 hours to get 100%) can keep playing and can get as big as they want I really really don’t get the 9m growth cap we’re playing as a megalodon ffs and there size is apparently supposed to be between 15 and 18m even with that said I still think there shouldn’t be a size cap maybe a soft cap so that it starts to take a long time to get bigger but yh just take off the growth cap plz🤣

So was the hotfix for the xbox just to waste time and hard-drive space? It fixed absolutely none of the issues in my game.
Do you have the overheating issue on xb1 x? I'm reading quite a few reports saying the patch didn't fix the issue!!!!

Do you have the overheating issue on xb1 x? I'm reading quite a few reports saying the patch didn't fix the issue!!!!
Are you One X owners having overheating playing on Project Scorpio editions? I had overheating issues with my Scorpio One X with Bloodstained and Darksiders III. I had to reflow thermal paste on the heatsink. It's not overly difficult to disassemble your Xbox, but it will void your warranty. Took about 20 minutes and $10 worth of supplies (paste, spudger, screwdriver).

That said, I couldn't solve all of the overheating problems this way, and ended up getting a new One X, which has not had the problem. There may be some issue with the launch hardware.

Reactions: Jul3s
Xbox One X Scorpio edition.

Can now start the game and play. Did have one overheat crash after about an hour, but then played another hour or so without any issue. The fix is definitely better, but not completely effective.

Reactions: Jul3s