• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make Zeds Stupid!

What bothers me most is that beheaded ZEDs still know where you are and aren't just flailing their arms around aimlessly but still go one attacking you as if nothing happened.

I agree with this COMPLETELY. I've lost more health from a gorefast I beheaded with my Scar a while go...who walks 50 feet straight towards me to get in a swipe or to, while I busy dealin with zeds which are actually alive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You know...I see a lot of people complain about this...but I've never noticed it...

Rly? They always walk away from the nades o_O, unless in tight space where they cant move. Thats why grenades are pretty much useless in open areas... you cant even kill a fakin clot with it since they run away and get only a slight blast wave damage.. >_>

What about adding the ability to cook grenades. Then you can hold the grenade for a few seconds, throw it, and have it explode before the specimens have a chance to turn 360 degrees and walk away.

GREAT idea. Hope they implement that.

Upvote 0
I hit them in the face with grenades and they just continue to walk at me, grenade blows up and their body comes towards me in pieces...am i missing something? *shrug*

and lol@turning360degrees

If you throw a nade at a group of oncoming zeds they will always and i repeat ALWAYS try to move away from it, unless they already have ahold of you.

Upvote 0
What bothers me most is that beheaded ZEDs still know where you are and aren't just flailing their arms around aimlessly but still go one attacking you as if nothing happened.

I completely agree with this too. They do seem to still know where you are and that just doesn’t make sense. They have eyes and ears so no head should leave them completely discombobulated.

I've rarely seen them do it.
They just walk to the side a little, or miss the grenade by walking forward.

Exactly. They walk away from it and like others have stated, your nades won’t even kill a clot when they do this. Now if you are in a hallway then ya, they can’t really get away from it. What we’re talking about is in an open area. Point is, they should not try to avoid a nade cause they are dumb. If they are supposed to be smart enough to know what a nade is, then maybe they should be throwing them back at us. Or finding ammo and weapons laying around and shooting at us. That would make more sense.

Upvote 0
Always have wanted to cook grenades in KF.

I've seen both behaviors. Some try to dodge and some don't. I think it has to do with whether or not they have the grenade thrower targeted.

It's never bothered me that much...but since the Level Up patch, vanilla grenades are a hell of a lot less impressive. So I've noticed the avoidance behavior more lately.

In the end I prefer tougher bots though, and I still want to keep the AI behavior in. Specimen are fairly mindless already, and don't need to be any more so.

And yes to changing the headless specimen behavior. That seems to be an intentional thing, because bloats display the proper amount of wandering around without their heads.

TWI might not want the baseline shock troops to be even less effective than they already are. You get used to keeping an eye on headless specimen, especially Gorefasts, and while I do like that, it still feels wrong to get pursued by headless guys.

Upvote 0

Not to mention that a beheaded FP raged on you will seek you out like a guided missile. That and the nade avoidance really piss me off with the specimens. Hand grenades are almost useless vs most specimens now.

Upvote 0