• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"make a difference" balance announcment

Haven't seen this yet?

Anyway, some amusing comments on there. So many babies complaining about how it'll be too hard.

What sick man sent all these babies to fight?

Anyways, on a more serious note, the main worry, by me anyways, is that the difficulty would be turned up too much, thereby scaring away casual players, whihc make up a substantial part of players (and, more importantly, potential buyers). Therefore this is a serious issue.

I myself am looking forward to the additions, but there you go, I'm a more advanced player.

Upvote 0

Anyways, on a more serious note, the main worry, by me anyways, is that the difficulty would be turned up too much, thereby scaring away casual players, whihc make up a substantial part of players (and, more importantly, potential buyers). Therefore this is a serious issue.

I myself am looking forward to the additions, but there you go, I'm a more advanced player.

Any game mode but Suicidal is fine and your not supposed to play Suicidal as casual player, so it's the players fault if they try, not the games fault. :p

Upvote 0
The argument that casual players shouldn't play suicidal is just plain stupid.

I'm a casual player and can handle myself just fine on suicidal. It just requires half a brain and knowledge of your perk. (and obviously don't show up with a level 2 perk on a suicidal server ...)

My only hope is that TWI did not pick 100 "advanced" players to test this new patch because their feedback could screw over every casual player, even on non suicidal difficulties.

I'm all for a challenge but even suicidal needs to be playable for casual players who at least know what they are doing. (with a level 5-6 perk)

Upvote 0
The argument that casual players shouldn't play suicidal is just plain stupid.

I'm a casual player and can handle myself just fine on suicidal. It just requires half a brain and knowledge of your perk. (and obviously don't show up with a level 2 perk on a suicidal server ...)

My only hope is that TWI did not pick 100 "advanced" players to test this new patch because their feedback could screw over every casual player, even on non suicidal difficulties.

I'm all for a challenge but even suicidal needs to be playable for casual players who at least know what they are doing. (with a level 5-6 perk)

I would consider myself a casual player, and that's the balance perspective I try to represent, Normal and Hard balance. I'm more interested in new and interesting ways to play then necessarily the best way, and a well-balanced and varied assortment of weapons is most conducive to that.

The more viable options there are, the more unpredictable and fun the game is. That's why I'm interested in the balance beta despite considering myself non-hardcore.

I think anyone can play Suicidal, so long as you pay attention, communicate, and know what you should be doing at any one time. Whether you'll beat Suicidal.....well that's another matter entirely. ;)

Reactions: HalfDemon
Upvote 0
I saw a lot of negative feed back on the forums. People complaining that it is going to be too hard. But as said above somewhere, maybe we'll finally stop having level 2s, 3s, 4s (4 is questionable) joining suicidal games, just to be carried by a few level 6 SS players.

I'm all thumbs up for what is being proposed here.

Upvote 0
well the thing about kf being too hard.. when i first started playing kf, if i saw a fleshpound, i would run to the nearest player, we'd both throw all of our grenades, and we'd pour our ammo into it, and then we'd be lucky if we both lived

recently it's rare to even see a fleshpound, at least with it's head still attached.

back then it was rewarding to even reach the patriarch's wave, and killing him was something to cheer about. do you remember how we'd all sell everything and pick out a LAW?

i miss all this, i really do. except the law part. that never works out, lol.

Upvote 0
well the thing about kf being too hard.. when i first started playing kf, if i saw a fleshpound, i would run to the nearest player, we'd both throw all of our grenades, and we'd pour our ammo into it, and then we'd be lucky if we both lived

That's kind of what the beta is like now. :)

Things still need tweaking obviously but I believe we have enough testers and varied opinions to avoid making KF "too hard" for casual players.

Upvote 0

The casual players can always get back to hard, normal and even easy, I dont see the problem.

Upvote 0
The casual players can always get back to hard, normal and even easy, I dont see the problem.

Well, it's still to be seen if the new changes will turn casual players off toward Normal and Hard. Personally I think that while the balance is getting very good at Suicidal, it feels a tad uneven at Normal. Pipes, launchers, and the AA12 are still just as easy as before to solo a FP with, while the Xbow requires assistance even though it arguably takes more skill to tag a FP with multiple headshots.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0