• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] Low Performance, lets go helping.

So, I set the priority for RO2 to "real time" in task manager and up'd my Virtual Memory. Either both of these changes or one of them helped A LOT! I can now run the game between 30-70 FPS, which isn't great, but a huge improvement. Granted, I just tried one server for one round, but it really did seem to help. Still a few micro-freezes, but playable, unlike before.

I not sure how to check if my memory is Ganged or Unganged. I have dual channel RAM, is that what you mean?

My CPU stays within a pretty good temp range.

Anyway, I really appreciate your help. Any other suggestions that you think might help?

Actually i dont know if Intel chipsets have this... but the ganged or unganged memory is a BIOS setting which changes the way the RAM can be accessed by the processor, on gaming tests it performed better on Unganged mode.

The other suggestion is disabling the CPU throttling on the BIOS too, again i dont know the name it have on Intel CPUs. And the in the Windows Power Management too... on advanced settings you can set the minimum processor state higher and see what happens although i dont know if this overrides the BIOS Setting or not.

Upvote 0
So, I set the priority for RO2 to "real time" in task manager and up'd my Virtual Memory. Either both of these changes or one of them helped A LOT! I can now run the game between 30-70 FPS, which isn't great, but a huge improvement. Granted, I just tried one server for one round, but it really did seem to help. Still a few micro-freezes, but playable, unlike before.

what did you up your virtual memory to? i have mine set to 4096mb.

Upvote 0
Actually i dont know if Intel chipsets have this... but the ganged or unganged memory is a BIOS setting which changes the way the RAM can be accessed by the processor, on gaming tests it performed better on Unganged mode.

The other suggestion is disabling the CPU throttling on the BIOS too, again i dont know the name it have on Intel CPUs. And the in the Windows Power Management too... on advanced settings you can set the minimum processor state higher and see what happens although i dont know if this overrides the BIOS Setting or not.

My motherboard is stock and has really limited BIOS settings, unfortunately. I checked and I don't see any options to disable CPU throttling or Unganged mode for RAM. Is there another way to change these other than BIOS?

I up'd my Power Management settings to High Performance. Will report back in a few.

what did you up your virtual memory to? i have mine set to 4096mb.

I changed mine to 9111/10111mb.

Upvote 0
My motherboard is stock and has really limited BIOS settings, unfortunately. I checked and I don't see any options to disable CPU throttling or Unganged mode for RAM. Is there another way to change these other than BIOS?

I up'd my Power Management settings to High Performance. Will report back in a few.

The CPU throttling is called Speedstep on Intel Processors. From what i read the Speedstep is linked to the Windows Power Management.

Ok, just tried playing on a server and didn't see any significant change after changing the Power Management options. Is there a way to force RO2 to always have "Real Time" priority rather than tabbing out and manually setting it in the Task Manager each time I load the game?

You edited the power profile to use more than 5% of the processing at minimum? It is on power options -> change plan settings -> change advanced power settings -> processor power management -> minimum processor state.

I dont know if there is a way to force the priority, i will check it.

Upvote 0
The CPU throttling is called Speedstep on Intel Processors. From what i read the Speedstep is linked to the Windows Power Management.

You edited the power profile to use more than 5% of the processing at minimum? It is on power options -> change plan settings -> change advanced power settings -> processor power management -> minimum processor state.

I dont know if there is a way to force the priority, i will check it.

Yes, I set it to 100%. I'll check for Speedstep when I have the chance. I need to get to bed now (early wakeup), but I'll get back at it tomorrow. Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
my pc specs:

Processor - i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
Memory - 12288MB RAM
Video Card - 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 768mb SLI Factory Overclock
Monitor - Acer P244W
Sound Card - Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones - Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Sound
Operating System - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Motherboard - ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58

Temps for gpu around 50 and for cpu around 60ish

i had EVERYTHING on ultra and was getting 35fps then i changed my setting to these settings and got 60-80 sometimes 100 fps this is on a 64man server
as for my nvidia profile settings they are default except instead of adaptive on power management mode its prefer maximum preformance

EDIT: Apparently imageshak doesnt work here so here are the pics again

Attachments

• my settings.jpg
    my settings.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 64man server.jpg
    64man server.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I posted this in another thread, but I'm updating it for this thread because it's more relevant here:

I'm in the same boat as many others - my rig (i5 750, Radeon 5870, 8GB of RAM) can get 60+ fps in Crysis 2 with almost everything on High, yet I'm stuck at 20-40 fps in RO2 with everything on Low or Medium (and no AA, AF, etc.). Ridiculous, and the game looks pretty bad at those settings. That said, I managed to eke out another 10-25 fps by setting Flip Queue to 4, using ATI Tray Tools. This might have raised my max fps a bit, not sure; more importantly, it raised my min fps and eliminated almost all of the stutter I was seeing.

I don't consider that a long-term solution, since my graphics are still super-low and the game isn't performing anywhere close to what I should be able to get on my rig, but it's at least made everything playable for now. Prior to setting Flip Queue, the game really wasn't playable. An average fps of 30 or so is low to begin with, but I was seeing frequent micro-spikes down to 10-15 fps with smoke or just randomly. Aiming and movement were often pretty infuriating.

Upvote 0
I posted this in another thread, but I'm updating it for this thread because it's more relevant here:

I'm in the same boat as many others - my rig (i5 750, Radeon 5870, 8GB of RAM) can get 60+ fps in Crysis 2 with almost everything on High, yet I'm stuck at 20-40 fps in RO2 with everything on Low or Medium (and no AA, AF, etc.). Ridiculous, and the game looks pretty bad at those settings. That said, I managed to eke out another 10-25 fps by setting Flip Queue to 4, using ATI Tray Tools. This might have raised my max fps a bit, not sure; more importantly, it raised my min fps and eliminated almost all of the stutter I was seeing.

I don't consider that a long-term solution, since my graphics are still super-low and the game isn't performing anywhere close to what I should be able to get on my rig, but it's at least made everything playable for now. Prior to setting Flip Queue, the game really wasn't playable. An average fps of 30 or so is low to begin with, but I was seeing frequent micro-spikes down to 10-15 fps with smoke or just randomly. Aiming and movement were often pretty infuriating.

You're the third person to post in this thread about the Flip Queue actually doing some good. Seems like a decent temporary 'That'll Do' Fix for some of us until a proper patch or two come out. It's improved my game 100% no doubt

Upvote 0
People, try something:

It improved my FPS here:

1. When connected to a server type "umbra culling" in the console. ITS THE BEST.

2. Set OCCLUSION quality as HIGH (sometimes it goes back to normal, and you have to verify and change to HIGH)

3. Higher quality for some of the configuration works better than medium here. So try it!!!

4. Use NORMAL post quality.

5. Set post quality process to LOW!!!
I think there is a huge mess on the video configuration options. So go trying.

Upvote 0
my pc specs:

Processor - i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
Memory - 12288MB RAM
Video Card - 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 768mb SLI Factory Overclock
Monitor - Acer P244W
Sound Card - Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones - Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Sound
Operating System - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Motherboard - ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58

Temps for gpu around 50 and for cpu around 60ish

i had EVERYTHING on ultra and was getting 35fps then i changed my setting to these settings and got 60-80 sometimes 100 fps this is on a 64man server
as for my nvidia profile settings they are default except instead of adaptive on power management mode its prefer maximum preformance

EDIT: Apparently imageshak doesnt work here so here are the pics again

You are getting good fps after lowering to high, but with SLI i think Ultra should be playable.

Have you tried running the game on Fullscreen? I read that SLI doesn't always work on windowed mode.

Thanks for the info... looks like the flip queue is a workaround to get a little better performance. As your problem, the FPS runs roughly the same no matter the setting right?

Upvote 0
64 player Grain Elevator, settings as shown in my screenshots, Framerate would dip to the low 20's and upper teens, along with stuttering of up to a second

Changed my Flip Queue (render frames ahead/pre-rendered frames for you nVidia folk) from ONE to FOUR

Never dipped below 35 Frames per second, generally above 45, and Stuttering is almost completely eliminated. I haven't tested this on Station yet but if Indoors the game is even remotely playable it's an improvement. Best part is, No Mouse Lag, which is surprising

Never knew Flip Queue could do so much, and didn't know the default was 3. So Thanks to Makino for the suggestion, allow me to buy you many gifts of wonderous joy

Where do i change this FLIP QUEUE? I wanna test it here.

I didnt find it on Gaming > 3d App Settings.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
People, try something:

It improved my FPS here:

1. When connected to a server type "umbra culling" in the console. ITS THE BEST.

2. Set OCCLUSION quality as HIGH (sometimes it goes back to normal, and you have to verify and change to HIGH)

3. Higher quality for some of the configuration works better than medium here. So try it!!!

4. Use NORMAL post quality.

5. Set post quality process to LOW!!!
I think there is a huge mess on the video configuration options. So go trying.

What exactly is umbra culling? Does it have to be entered into the console everytime I enter a server or do I just type it in once and it's set? Thanks

Upvote 0
Well, I have been having some shuttering with the game, as well as low fps for my system config.

My specs are:

-Intel Quad Core Q6600 (2.40GHz)
-3GB Ram
-32bits Windows 7
-ATI Radeon 5770

My pc temperatures are quite nice, and never get too high when playing.

I have the latest drivers, actually updated them yesterday.
Strangely, the only real change to FPS I find through messing with the settings is disabling Light Shafts, which seem to increase my fps for about 5-7 more, but the rest is the same betwean Ultra and Medium, about 26-32.

The shuttering, however, never stops. Also, my fps go down to 18 when aiming through a scope. Any ideas?

Don't use any ultra settings with your setup. Whatever you had set to Ultra, put to high or medium, preferably medium.

Upvote 0