• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] Low Performance, lets go helping.

You are getting good fps after lowering to high, but with SLI i think Ultra should be playable.

Have you tried running the game on Fullscreen? I read that SLI doesn't always work on windowed mode.

Thanks for the info... looks like the flip queue is a workaround to get a little better performance. As your problem, the FPS runs roughly the same no matter the setting right?

yea i can play on ultra but i only get 20-30 fps and fullscreen wont work for me it always crashes even in windowed mode it will occasionally crash

Upvote 0
well, just got home from work, popped on the forums and saw a rather hastily worded thread from a dev, stating that this game is pushing the curve for pc games and a bunch of other excuses, so i'm out of it guys. i'm truly stunned that a dev like these guys, are jumping on the defensive like this and berating people's machines and conceptions of what well optimized games are.

also disappointed that they probably aren't going to work out a majority of the performance issues, cuz it's your system , not the fact that a supposedly GPU heavy game is only using a small amount of your gpu power.

BTW: i found a culprit of the lag in servers, it's people typically running pmb.exe in their processes. it's a program used to "optimize" your network connection and is used in most mmos and moba-style games. i turned it off last night then opened the game, and i got a significant ping boost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howitzer114
Upvote 0
intel i7 950
16GB DDR3 1333MHz ram
GTX580 DCU II

and i get around 20-25fps on ultra........ i have to lower everything to med to get above 50fps...i could get over 140fps on the bf3 alpha without even sweating on everything maxed out...

What clockspeed is your CPU at? If it's stock, there is potentially a bottleneck as the GTX500 series does require a lot of CPU power to not be limited. Currently as I understand it, SLI 580's are bottlenecked by even the most highly overclocked CPUs. So even though you're on a single GTX 580, you may have a slight bottleneck and generally not enough CPU power (which is distressing being it's an i7, right?).

Then not to mention that UnrealEngine 3 has been CPU biased. Knowing this and your potential (small) bottleneck, and along with RO2's less than fully optimized state should be explaining why you're experiencing what you're experiencing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- I have very low FPS
- Average FPS is 20 - 23
- AMD Athlon Dual Core 3.0 ghz with a 9600 GT 1024 MB (1GB)
- CPU: 38 - 40 C and GPU: 50 - 52 C
- I am running AVG but i disable all security settings BEFORE entering.
- No and im not going to get new drivers until the next ones come out, my friend also has worse performance with them.
- 600 GB for my HDD and 106 Remaining
- GPU usage? Not sure but it not so high ..
- Changing quality does lower FPS yes, Im running EVERYTHING on low with 800 x 600

Upvote 0
- The exact problem you have : low fps (some map fps are between 20fps to 30fps) (on mission 2 solo)
- Average FPS in-game : 45fps

- PC Specs.
phenom II [email protected], 4goDDR3/XFX 5870/os=>SSD Agility2 40go, RO2 on HDD seagate 7200.12 500go (degrag is OK, and 100go of free space)
Windows 7 x64 SP1

- PC temperatures while running the game.
=>good GPU under 70

Upvote 0