• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lockdown, your oppinoin

Lockdown, your oppinoin

• I like it

Votes: 110 17.2%
  • I hate it

Votes: 260 40.6%
  • I don't care

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • It needs changes

Votes: 231 36.0%

• Total voters
It wasn't a problem in RO1, why would it be a problem in RO2? The maps might be balanced for lockdown but with a bit of rebalancing it it would work without lockdown either way. There were times the attackers lost badly, c'est la vie. The awesome rounds we had far outweighed the ****ty one sided rounds.

Speed Ro2 is way too fast to be played like ro1

Upvote 0
Speed Ro2 is way too fast to be played like ro1

True, but the gameplay can still be fun in a different way.

Tension isn't about cool firefights, charging heavily defended strongholds or epic tank battles. Sometimes it's about sneaking behind enemy lines, silently taking out all the germans, trying to not get seen. Those kind of tactics take time and mostly you don't succeed on the first try or you want to keep trying it, unfortunately the game kind of doesn't want you to be smart. It wants you to rush the objectives like it's countdown.

Upvote 0
Needs changes.

Pausing lockdown when the attackers are on point is all that needs to be changed to make this an !EXCELLENT! feature.

You can make a last second effort that totally wipes out the defenders and still lose because you were 1 second shy of a cap. That is why this feature ruins games; it does not reward players for their efforts, it is merely there to punish them.

Upvote 0
It could definitely use some changes I think. In some cases it can be good. Like when your offense team is getting shut down at the first cap zone it just puts you out of your misery. Other times its the opposite where you have fought a long hard fight an the defense team is almost out of reinforcements an pushed back to their final points. But your denied your victory because God called time an decided they won.

On the neutral maps I am not even sure what it is there for. The timer is so long usually one side loses from running out of reinforcements first. Those maps suffer from no real reason to go for the caps at all. People are falling into the routine of just grabbing the closest one an camping.

Upvote 0
Lockdown just needs tweaks. Capping a point should add time, that's it.

Lockdown represents high command deciding an assault is far too costly and isn't working, so they pull back. *shrug*

I don't think high command would tell their troops that if they don't capture the next objective in the next 5 minutes they lose the battle. Even 20 min is short but the firefights in the game are faster than irl. The first objective should have lockdown, that's all.

Upvote 0
This has become one of my most hated features. Constantly having the artificial timer breathing down my neck makes me rush ahead too much (and I'm still a pretty damn vigilant capper even without any timers) and creates unrealistic results in battle. I hate it when I lose because of it and I hate it when I win because of it, it's just such a huge anticlimax. I think getting rid of lockdown would go a long way towards slowing the pace down a bit and making RO2 feel less like a bloody CoD-clone.

Give server owners the option to turn it off!

Upvote 0
I voted for needs changing but feel i need to elaborate.

On the whole I dont like it, but I see why it is there. A team makes no effort to push, or can not get past the initial defense for the first point, do you really want 20 mins of that?

As I see it lockdown serves a purpose to kill a map once the attacking team have no chance of a win. On the face of it thats a good thing, but I would like the attackers to have to opportunity to "win back" some lockdown time under certain circumstances.

As an example I have seen instances where the defenders have used up all or nearly all of their re-inforcements in holding an early point, lockdown has then given the defenders the point early in the round, even though a couple of extra minutes would have seen an attacking rampage. This could easily be averted by slowing lockdown time or even having no lockdown once re-inforcments on either side drop below a certain point, say half the max team size when a result is surely close.

Also as a very minimum make it so there is no lockdown on the last point - make it a true fight to the death. Most players would welcome this because if it gets to the last point it has been a good round, and there is nothing more dissapointing than losing on a technicality.

TL;DR On most maps the attackers have it hard, and any tweak to lockdown to even the battle would be good IMHO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For those that voted that they like the lockdown:

Tell me what's good about it?

Because my opinion is radically different; I think lockdown should be removed completely and forgotten as the bastard feature of all bastard features in all games until mother earth dissapear from space, simply because the only thing it gives is people pressing tactical view and rushing for their objectives. It ruins the whole gameplay experience a lot, and it's definitely one of the reasons why I can't get myself to enjoy playing Ro2. This can be found in 90% of all other games so there is no reason to have it in RO2 and it simply doesn't fit well into the world of red orchestra.

Last edited:
Upvote 0