• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Loadout Options

Witzig

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 16, 2006
Germany
Hi,

Considering the Infantry is getting a more complex Loadout System, i wondered if TWI would add more Options for Tank Commanders. So depending how you are using the Tank, that one would get the option to shift the balance of rounds. I just don't know if it was done so historically, if Commanders had a say in that regard.

For Example:

Tank A has Capacity for 60 rounds of Main Gun Ammo.
Standard Loadout:
20 HE, 35 AP, 5 APCR

Now you can switch Ammo supplies for HE/AP, and only be able to voluntarily not use APCR
So you could go:
45 HE, 10 AP, 5 APCR
or
10 HE, 50 AP, 0 APCR
(Nice but not must-have: the APCR you didn't take could go into the "Ammo" Pool useable by the next who spawns).

Also being able to decide on the Distribution of MG Belts/Drums would be nice, or Turret and Hull Mg sharing the same Stockpile. Though i hope we'd be getting a bigger Ammo Reserve for Tank MGs.

Yeah i know this change ain't big, but it would also be a nice option for Map Designers if not implemented for players. Cause in a CA Map i'd prefer a HE heavy loadout, while on Tank centered Maps HE are not that needed.

I hope i expressed my Idea in a readable and understandable way, i haven't written much in English in some time, and since it's not my mother language i fear i have gotten a bit "rusty".

Last edited:
Yes, they are much stronger when used in the right circumstances, in shorter range fights, as they lose speed and hence penetration much quicker than a regular AP round, so you'd probably want to use those on longer range fights, above 500m.
But I think that Witzig implied that the APCR rounds would be limited to 5 rounds max per tank (or some other small number) and you would only have the option to take more if someone forfeited their APCR rounds in favour of more HE or regular AP rounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, they are much stronger when used in the right circumstances, in shorter range fights as they lose speed and hence penetration much quicker than a regular AP round, so you'd probably want to use those on longer range fights, above 500m.
But I think that Witzig implied that the APCR rounds would be limited to 5 rounds max per tank (or some other small number) and you would only have the option to take more if someone forfeited their APCR rounds in favour of more HE or regular AP rounds.

So there's an entire science to it. Is it explained ingame?

Upvote 0
Yes, they are much stronger when used in the right circumstances, in shorter range fights as they lose speed and hence penetration much quicker than a regular AP round, so you'd probably want to use those on longer range fights, above 500m.
It's the other way around mate. :)

APCR are composed of a heavy penetrator (usually Tungsten) surrounded by a light Aluminium jacket. This makes them lighter than a normal AP round and gives them superior muzzle velocity after exiting the barrel. Because they are lighter APCR rounds have one major problem:

They lose velocity quicker than normal APCBC rounds and due to that they have less penetration capability after a certain range (usually between 500-1000m, depending on the gun) and also are less accurate beyond a certain range (a lighter projectile moving at 300m/s is always going to be less accurate than a heavy projectile moving at 300m/s)

Upvote 0
Hehe, I missed a coma in that sentence so it's my bad (I was just thinking about how it might be misunderstood due that error today). I meant to say that they are better for closer range fights (under 500 or 1000m) due to higher muzzle velocity that also falls of quicker than that of regular AP rounds. =)

Upvote 0
Hehe, I missed a coma in that sentence so it's my bad (I was just thinking about how it might be misunderstood due that error today). I meant to say that they are better for closer range fights (under 500 or 1000m) due to higher muzzle velocity that also falls of quicker than that of regular AP rounds. =)

It's still pretty hard to understand, even with that comma. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0