• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Level Up" Free Content Pack for Killing Floor and Free Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also DA is out =))
Players will be getting three new maps, seven new weapons, a brand new perk class, an extra level for all perks, a new terrifying enemy and the first ever total conversion mod for the game, Defense Alliance 2
Mistyfied 7th?????

semi-automatic M32 Multiple Grenade Launcher

Also, confirmed, Husk is specimen's fire bug, and not boss (oh well, I got one and miss one)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm really surprised we are getting more content still, and releasing it with a free weekend is bound to expand the community and increase the long term future of the game.

However, after reading IGNs article I'm a little worried about how the game may play out now. The changes are so significant its going to be like a whole new game. Is it going to be balanced? At least I can rest easy knowing how incredibly committed Tripwire are to the project, and I believe there will be future patches to re-balance the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to this and will try and get some mates who haven't tried KF yet onboard for the free weekend. Then they'll be hooked :D

Upvote 0
However, after reading IGNs article I'm a little worried about how the game may play out now. The changes are so significant its going to be like a whole new game. Is it going to be balanced? At least I can rest easy knowing how incredibly committed Tripwire are to the project, and I believe there will be future patches to re-balance the game.
:D

I had those thoughts too, but it balances out very well, even with the new hardware. Trust me, you'll shat your pants with glee ;)

Upvote 0
Dest, does that mean DA will be downloadable thru steam and not some third-party mirror?

To everyone else, what gun is this?

killing-floor-update-hands-on-20091020000523129_640w.jpg

Upvote 0
And that must be the SCAR.

Oh, so that's the name of this gun? Ben in love with it since CoD:MW

muawwa haaa. I'll but the skin pack ASAP.

According to steam 4rum, skin pack will be 2 bucks again. Cool!

Edit: To Yoshiro (or any TWI personel)

Could I have a pix of this without the line "Nightfall char pack"? I would love to have it as my wallpaper. Full res, please.
killing-floor-update-hands-on-20091020000533192_640w.jpg

Edit: TWI patten for skin pack:

1 dude with a glass mask (Dr Gary Glover or the leftmost dude)
1 dude with a skull mask (DJ Scully or the dude second left)
1 dude with a big mask that only show the eyes (Foundry Worker Aldridge or the rightmost dude)
and 1 dude with WW2-British comando jacket-like (Agent Wilkes or the left dude)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think the changes are that major. The only true changes are regular, consistent grenade detonations (and I'm guessing the launchers don't have a huge ammo capacity) and a specimen that will kill at range. I'm guessing husks are on the same difficulty level as FP and scrakes, so players will be equipped to deal with them when they show up. Players will be forced to move (a little) once he shows up and ranged players will need to focus on him. It will require a small tweak in tactics like seeking cover, and a re-prioritization of targets.

Now that I think about it, I'm curious. Does the M79 et. al have its own magazine, or does it run off the player's own grenades? Can demo experts still throw grenades? Do pipe bombs replace grenades? Does Demo expert get an increase in grenade capacity like support?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BTW I'm pretty much plump over the M14 announcement, that's exactly (what I think) the sharpshooter needs.

I'm so friggin' ready to make heads explode in semi-automatic mode.

Y'know, I think .308 is a bigger and more powerful round than the lever action, so this rifle will be sure to make a mess.

The grenade launchers and the autoshotty are like :eek:

Zombies go BEWWWWWM. A new difficulty mode wouldn't hurt this new update.

Anyway, it's amazing and I am of course utterly grateful to TWI.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.