• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Let's do a brainstorm: Historically accurate mode

Let's do a brainstorm: Historically accurate mode

• Yes!

Votes: 185 93.9%
  • No!

Votes: 12 6.1%

• Total voters
I understand people want a different feel to the game.
But don't claim these idea's will make the game more historically accurate, because they don't.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13518040902918089#preview

http://www.thefullwiki.org/battle_of_stalingrad

Mkb and AVT are BS weapons (specially in these numbers), bayo on a sniperrifle???, RPG-40 not killing people in a direct hit. I can come up with more inaccuracies.
But removing SMG's and forcing bolt-actions in general is just wrong, historically accurate wise...

P.S. I voted yes, just to give people the option. I like having options.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really want what is written in OP. At this moment, RO2 with MKB42 swarms is barely playable for me...
I really don't enjoy RO2 at all at the moment. It's too one-sided, and the MkB is just not enjoyable. When you use it, getting a kill isn't satisfying. When you get killed by it, it feels like getting cheated.

In an other thread, I predicted that the full version would be less fun than the beta. It seems at the moment that I'm right. The unlock system that was supposed to increase the lifespan of the game has pretty much killed it for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I absolutely support OP. With the current weapon loadouts, RO 2 is going into just the same direction that Day of Defeat went when going from mod to retail. It greatly encourages run and gun gameplay rather than teamplay because all those semis and full auto rifles make one individual soldier to have too much firepower so that he doesn't have to rely on his supporting teammates. :(

Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0
I approve of this suggestion. However I personally think the rare equipment should be avalible but limited to 1 or 2 slots per team? What was that whole "hero class" thing? It would be along those lines but they could get either the MKb-42, MG-34 with saddle drum, MP-40 with that strange dual magazine thing, etc.

Also the ability to get weapons in good condition would be nice.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone, I'm glad to see all these votes. I seriously hope TWI will take this seriously and make such a mode (or give us the tools to do so), or at least it could make them acknowledge the flaws in the unlock system.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure no one affiliated with TWI has read this thread. "Ideas and Suggestions" is purgatory.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure no one affiliated with TWI has read this thread. "Ideas and Suggestions" is purgatory.

*buzzer sound*

WRONGO

If you were to have a year to kill and go back and read the entire collection of the RO1 suggestions forum you would see that they did as many things as they could and lots of the ones they couldent do are now in HOS.

Give them some time to fix the bugs, I can assure you they do read the forums when they get the time.

Upvote 0
I want other changes for this mode as well. IE the recon plane should have a % chance to view people, much lower in ruins, and also should not be able to always ascertain the team of the men on the ground. So it should give you some markers of targets it spotted, this will include your mates and enemies. Thus a hasty SL could drop ordinance on friendlies in a position not expected. ( must communicate !)

Deliberatly un ballance the team weapons!
German ww2 tactics focused on the use of the MG to support the team, The germans should have a few more MG's then the russians. The russians on the other hand had a hard time getting enough MG's, and as such tried things like the AVT to get more. They should have roughly 1/2 the number of MG's compared to the Germans. This is ballanced by the Russians having more smg's than the Germans ( roughly 2x the SMG's ).

Thus forcing the teams to use different tactics and styles.

Upvote 0