• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Left 4 Dead

I'm very disappointed, the game is fine, maybee too fast for my liking, but is acceptable, the problem is the browser... there is no browser, you can only hope to find a dedicated server to play, waiting half an hour in the lobby, or you can create a laggy localhost in which someone always disconnects and nobody fills that spot. you can also try to join a running game, but then you can't play it with friends.

Upvote 0
@Sheepdip, guess we'll agree to disagree then. :)

I'm very disappointed, the game is fine, maybee too fast for my liking, but is acceptable, the problem is the browser... there is no browser, you can only hope to find a dedicated server to play, waiting half an hour in the lobby, or you can create a laggy localhost in which someone always disconnects and nobody fills that spot. you can also try to join a running game, but then you can't play it with friends.

There is a server browser. Open console and type "openserverbrowser". Works just like other Valve server browsers. I hope they create a separate button in the menu though.

You can also invite friends mid-game, but I haven't tried that yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All the invites are is just a msg in the chat box saying 'x' has invited you to play left4dead, same as you get when they start playing the game.

Can be quite annoying though if your not in a friends only server as randoms keep on joining before your friend manages to. Was the 'leader' of the game and some guy was trying to invite his friend in, took him a good 2-3mins to get on in the end due to randoms joining and his friends system saying it was always full.

Edit: Damn you Nimsky giving out my not-so-secret server browser tip to these wreches:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Sheepdip, guess we'll agree to disagree then. :)

There is a server browser. Open console and type "openserverbrowser". Works just like other Valve server browsers. I hope they create a separate button in the menu though.

You can also invite friends mid-game, but I haven't tried that yet.

Thx Nim, I was geting desperate, I dont get why they don't add a buttong for it

Upvote 0
unfortunately my drawing and photoshop skills aren't the best ever
zoeyqd5.jpg
:D

Upvote 0