• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Left 4 Dead

Well imagine the sneak sneaky game play style of the TF2 spy but much more fun and far less annoying, unless of course you spawn for a tank for a the first time, get stuck in a door, then fall down a cliff letting the survivors escape :(

The only bad thing I can say about versus mode is that in the few games ive played its either been way to heavily in favor of the infected side and and both teams die a quick death as the survivors not even making it 50% of the way through a level, while not unbalanced as both teams seem to struggle as the survivors, it can make the survivor element quite annoying at times.

Or on the more extreme side, is that one team heavily dominated the other with no competition. This making the 3/4 of the other team rage quit making it even more unbalanced. And then becuase of the seemingly crazy factor of how the server match making works, it can be a while before anyone else rejoins, though im sure valve will help fix this with patches, as is their usual style

But apart from that its alot of fun :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its as allways in online gameing. If your with a bunch of clueless ( zombies :p ) people it wont work. I got like ONE good vs. game where the sides seemed fairly balanced and coms where up to par. If people work together according to roles ( like...the boomer vomits..swarms up..hunters go in and smoker seperates the hero guy ) it works suprisingly well.

What you guys think of the maps ? Imo the last 2 ones of "hospital" are the weaker ones. Not very nice to the eye, i likes the forest ones best till now.

Upvote 0
I was going to make the zombie pun but i thought better of it :p.
Just had a pretty good game of vs there which was fairly balanced, made up for my 1st ****ty use of the tank by getting 4 kills with it and got crazy points with a boomer thanks to my team mates :D but then the other team got a good revenge on the next level taking us all out in about 2mins.

Cant really comment much on the maps, only really played the eh.. one with the boat at then end (which I really liked) ... and No Mercy, which yeah i agree the last few levels inside the building is kinda crappy, but in general im liking the street/industrial areas the best.

Upvote 0
Also since this is such a play with buddies game, guest passes may be a good idea since itll allow friends to arrange a time to try it out together, rather than a random weekend.

That reminds me my flat mate is saving up the guest pass I gave him for TF2 (think theres an unlimited time to activate it once sent) so he can devote a whole weekend to play it and put off buying the full game, cheap git...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Ordered the 4-pack with some guys, 36.5 euros each. Not bad.

Played the demo couple of times and I loved it. Going to put the full version in a nice stress test tonight with some buddies.

I'm not sure if I got it right, but I heard it's hard to get to the infected team with a friend in multiplayer due to the consolified system which is ported from the X360 version. Can anyone confirm this? I didn't expect something like this from Valve at all, hopefully they fix it.

Upvote 0
@ Uurastaja
It can be a slight issue i guess but its not really a 'console port' problem more to do with having small teams. If you want to play together with a friend join a game while its in lobby so you can switch sides about before the game begins as long as there is space.

When joining in game it can be harder, you automatically join the side with the less players so the chances are that if you and your friend join at the same time, youll be in opposite teams. Obviously you can switch sides once the teams even up in numbers, though again due to only being 4v4 this could be an issue, also after youve spent a few rounds with your team you may feel a bit bad switching sides and letting your team down, assuming your not playing with complete tools.

Upvote 0
Yeah, me and Vader just played some Versus. It was awesome. We had to be on opposite teams because we were the last two to join the lobby.

The Infected side is the shizzle, you have to stealth around and choose you ambush carefully of you get owned. It would be RAD to play as Infected with a couple of friends because then you could set up a really good ambush with the Boomer followed up with Hunters and Smokers to finish them off while they are overwhelmed by the Hoard.

You have to be sneaky as the infected, right now I like L4D even more than TF2.

TF2 took a dump for me when they made the Medic more powerful than the Pyro... it is totally stupid that you can chase down the Medic with the Flamethrower and he can kill you more often than not with his upgraded needle gun while you are burning him. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just had an epic versus game on No Mercy campaign. Our team won by about 1000 points! :D We also completed every map except the 3rd I believe. :cool:
No Mercy is pretty bad for VS imo. Only the finale is kinda fun. The smoker and hunter are pretty useless in closequarters.

The forrest campaign though (Blood Harvest I think) is awesome in VS. They just need to patch some stuff, pronto. I imagine Versus to be the bread and butter of L4D after a few patches/good custom maps :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, me and Vader just played some Versus. It was awesome. We had to be on opposite teams because we were the last two to join the lobby.

The Infected side is the shizzle, you have to stealth around and choose you ambush carefully of you get owned. It would be RAD to play as Infected with a couple of friends because then you could set up a really good ambush with the Boomer followed up with Hunters and Smokers to finish them off while they are overwhelmed by the Hoard.

You have to be sneaky as the infected, right now I like L4D even more than TF2.

TF2 took a dump for me when they made the Medic more powerful than the Pyro... it is totally stupid that you can chase down the Medic with the Flamethrower and he can kill you more often than not with his upgraded needle gun while you are burning him. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I take it you got your connection issues fixed?

Upvote 0