• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Left 4 Dead

Love it so far. At first, the game can appear too easy, but then one member gets a boomer to vomit on him around a corner, just as a smoker catches him from afar with his tongue and drags them upstairs with the huge trail of zombies following.

Loving the atmosphere, although I really hope they make expansions for more maps or something. I'd love to see this thing drawn out to its full potential.

Upvote 0
The game is a blast with friends but it is severely bugged.

The multithreading is fubar, I have to enter "mat_queue_mode 0" into the console every time I launch the game to prevent the stuttering problem.

The SLI support is fubar too, the game was not using both of my cards. My top card was like 15c hotter then the bottom one. I fixed it by going into Nvidia Control Panel, I had to add L4D.exe to the list of games, then under "Manage 3d Settings" I chose the "SLI Perfomance Mode" and set that to "Alternate Frame Rendering 2".

This gave me ~50 more FPS, and my card temps are back to normal. :)

The other SLI modes did not work right, and split frame rendering only gave me like 30 FPS total(wtf lol). Now I am rocking like ~140 FPS. :D

Upvote 0
Love it so far. At first, the game can appear too easy

Well I have to say that the game does have odd difficulty problems, atleast in the way they progress.

Easy can be completed just by playing with one hand and using no mouse, normal is still like very easy, advanced is still kinda too easy while expert is something that's quite well done overall.

I don't know about some other guys, but last night me and few other guys tried advanced just for fun instead of expert. We literally bashed our way through the level and shot only those special infected like boomers, hunters etc. It was quite fun for a while, before we realized that advanced is just too easy compared to expert :D

Upvote 0
Played the demo, not too bad. Interesting that your teammates work together to fight and heal each other.

I thought the low points just involved masses of infected running at you like Olympic sprinters, it was more annoying than hectic. It just involved wildly firing into the crowd around you and you really couldn't tell just what was going on. That could get repetitive FAST. Decent otherwise.

Upvote 0
I want a shambler mod or something later on, or maybe even added officially, might make things even more diverse.
Cause like right now, the game takes place 2 weeks after first infection, maybe make some missions that take place a couple of weeks later, where the zombies have decayed a bit more and because lack of muscle tissue they cant run as fast but shamble about instead. And because the extra weeks there would be even more infected, strengthening the shambler 'army'.
Mixed up with some recently infected (the fast zombies we have now), and the special zombies, sounds even more interesting :)

Upvote 0
I want a shambler mod or something later on, or maybe even added officially, might make things even more diverse.
Cause like right now, the game takes place 2 weeks after first infection, maybe make some missions that take place a couple of weeks later, where the zombies have decayed a bit more and because lack of muscle tissue they cant run as fast but shamble about instead. And because the extra weeks there would be even more infected, strengthening the shambler 'army'.
Mixed up with some recently infected (the fast zombies we have now), and the special zombies, sounds even more interesting :)

That + Flamethrower :cool:

Upvote 0