• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Update Released

If you have a decent computer and your hard drive isn't fragmented like hell, you probably do not "feel" a big difference. Just to throw in some numbers: Some maps need 300 megs less now. Turn off precaching and the memory footprint is 500 megs smaller. Map loading times are at least 30% faster on slower machines.

If you have a decent computer, like mine (old quad, average HD and video card, hard drive fragmentation low (MyDefrag is your friend)), you probably will not "feel" a dramatic change, but there is one.

My computer is no slouch, but I notice quite a big difference! Big enough that once my RAM upgrade gets here, I might even turn precaching back on!

Load times are back to around 10 seconds from where they were ~40 and I've yet to experience another load-screen lockup!

Also guys, as he said, DEFRAG YOUR HARD DRIVE! After ANY update to the game, your mapfiles will likely be fragmented and that'll slow things a good bit!

Upvote 0
medic gun bug?

Yes the exploit where people were having high level medics buy the medic gun, then throw it to another person to sell for a huge profit. This became so bad, as a level 5 medic I had a bunch of people cussing me out on a server because I WOULDN'T give them my medic gun to sell.

Upvote 0
Yes the exploit where people were having high level medics buy the medic gun, then throw it to another person to sell for a huge profit. This became so bad, as a level 5 medic I had a bunch of people cussing me out on a server because I WOULDN'T give them my medic gun to sell.
ah, I knew that one...and I see the medic gun reference...95% discount etc..

I am glad that is fixed, it was irritating seeing people with thousands upon thousands at wave 2.

Upvote 0
That's good an all but do you guys know about the Hamachi problems? Was it deliberately blocked from being used in Killing Floor? Me and some friends would connect to each other via Hamachi and play private games, but now it doesn't work anymore.
hmm, I tried with a friend as well, but as I was on a different network to before (a complicated institutional network) I assumed it was that that was our problems. Maybe there is something more sinisters? :eek:

Upvote 0
I am sad to say that my map changing lockups still occur with frequency. When I saw that this patch would reduce lag time I was completely ecstatic, and truthfully it is faster! I load maps fast as 10 seconds! However...only on connecting to the server, after the map goes to switch, I simply hang there.

I am literally forced to quit before the map changes, and reload the game completely before I am able to play, which is quite annoying after the 5th or 6th time.

ATI 4800 series
AMD 3700+ DC ~2.0
2Gigs RAM

The game itself plays without a hitch, and very smooth...just y'know. Map lockups =/

Upvote 0
I still got freeze at each 5-10 second with precache off !

And still got f***** slow load time if precache is on :s

My spec

Intel I7
GTX 295
6 go ram
Seven

If a system like that is still having issues, it REALLY indicates that something in your computer isn't right more than anything in the game being wrong. My system doesn't even have a third of the power yours does and it runs perfectly...

Upvote 0