• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Update #3

Yeah, and higher difficulties so that it all balances out and the core experience doesn't really change whether you're level 0 on normal or level 5 on suicidal.

If you think that, you haven't played Suicidal. They don't just add a bit of health to the enemies. They bigger ones with enhanced attributes (Fleshpounds rage faster, Gorefasts charge at longer range, ect), that are faster, at closer spawn points (Often behind you!), and in earlier waves. They have more HP, take less damage, and are MUCH less likely to have a 'critical hit' (Decapitation, limb removal). Even if you do decapitate one, they have so much health that they'll keep coming anyway!

Also, pickups (Armor, weapons), and ammo boxes that randomly spawn often in Normal, seldom spawn in Hard and are almost non-existant in Suicidal. When they do spawn, once picked up, it can be SEVERAL WAVES before another one spawns! Plus the enemies that you kill, despite being tougher, give LESS MONEY!

It's not uncommon to see Fleshpounds with a ton of HP that rage if you sneeze at them appearing in Wave 3/10 in a Suicidal game!

To top it off, your 'Increased damage' doesn't scale nearly as much as the increased HP they get in Hard/Suicidal. You may do an extra 50% damage with your bullpup at Level 5 Commando, but the enemies will have WAY more than 50% more HP on Suicidal! Thus they tend to soak up a ton of shots (And ammo!), running almost every class dry of ammo in a short period of time. All in all, as the classes exist right now, Hard is hard (Unless you're support!) and Suicidal is impossible.

Upvote 0
People in the city play variants of basketball, but you dont see the NBA coming by to stop them if they play it the way they want.

And if one of those street players makes it to the NBA, people don't ***** that he was cheating because he didn't play the game with the official rules of basketball.

You can see where I'm going with this, right?

Upvote 0
People in the city play variants of basketball, but you dont see the NBA coming by to stop them if they play it the way they want.

And if one of those street players makes it to the NBA, people don't ***** that he was cheating because he didn't play the game with the official rules of basketball.

Yet when ANY team goes to the NBA, used to playing by the rules or not, they still have to follow the rules...right?

Upvote 0

I can see you veering wildly off-course, because your analogy fails.

The NBA did not create basketball, nor does it own basketball. It is a professional organization for playing baseball. Basketball predates the existence of the NBA. The NBA cannot legally dictate how baseball is played except for people playing within the NBA.

Killing Floor is created, owned, and is the sole property of Tripwire Interactive. No one can legally play Killing Floor without purchasing a license to do so from Tripwire Interactive. Tripwire Interactive can decide how Killing Floor is played, since it owns Killing Floor. Tripwire Interactive has a EULA that is a legally binding agreement that you agree to by installing the game dictating exactly how Killing Floor may be played and exactly what may legally be done with it. It's in steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor/common/EULA.pdf if you want to read it.

Again, your analogy fails.

Upvote 0
6. Cheats and Cheating
KF was made for gamers by gamers. We hate cheaters and will not tolerate
anyone cheating in KF or any KF Mods. It’s a simple as that. If you are cheating in
any way, including any attempt by you, either directly or indirectly, to circumvent or
bypass any element of the KF or any KF servers to gain any advantage in multiplayer
play of the KF or any KF Mods, you are in breach of this EULA. It is a breach of this
EULA for you, whether directly or indirectly, to create, develop, copy, reproduce,
distribute, or use of any software program or any modification to KF or any KF Mods
("Cheats") that enable a player to gain an advantage or otherwise exploit another
player when playing against other players on a local area network, any othernetwork, or on the Internet. Hacking into the executable of KF or any KF Mods or
any other use of KF or any KF Mods in connection with the creation, development,
or use of any such unauthorized Cheats is prohibited under this EULA. Cheats
include, but are not limited to, programs that allow players to see through walls or
other level geometry (software or hardware “wall hacks”); programs that let players
change their rate of speed outside the allowable limits of KF (“speed hacks”);
programs that crash any other players, PC clients, or network servers; "aimbots"
that automatically target other players or that automatically simulate any other
player input to gain an advantage over other players; or any other program or
modification that functions in a similar capacity or allows any prohibited conduct.
If we find you are a Cheater, we will revoke your CD key and ban you from the
KF servers and tell your mom! Your license will automatically terminate, without
notice, and you will have no right to play KF or any KF Mods against other players or
make any other use of KF. End of story.

^Straight from the EULA

Okay, first point, I have yet to hear of anyone getting banned for cheating. If leveling perks on a 32 player server is really that bad and considered cheating, then the people playing on them would have been banned. Also, the people playing on KF-Perkbuilder or KF-Leveling should be banned too. But these aren't cheats, because anyone can access these levels. No one is stopping them from using it. If they feel its morally objectionable to play the levels, then fine, don't play the levels. Just leave the other people who do want to play the levels alone. Leaving these levels whitelisted and allowing perks to progress on them clearly indicates that TWI doesn't truly mind that these levels exist, and if they do and eventually ban them, good for them (sarcastic). It's not like anyone had to reverse engineer the game to gain this advantage. And why is it considered an advantage if it's a cooperative game? If this was competitive, I could understand that. In other words, your essentially complaining that your team is too good.

The whole point of a copperative game is to progress in waves of specimens. No one who beats the patriarch after the 10th wave is going to complain that the other guys leveled too fast, or that he didn't get enough kills. No, he's going to be happy that he won.

And furthermore, why do you care what other people do? If you don't want to play on 32 player servers, THEN...JUST...DONT... Don't complain that other people are playing the game differently, and therefore cheating.

I hate to sound like a **** stabber here, but a larger game makes a larger community feeling. This is good for a game. You want people to feel like they belong. Another game with leveling up is call of duty 4. Personally, I played the PC version which had 64 player servers. Once you reached level 55, you had the choice to either go prestige (reset your rank back to level 1), or remain the way you were. I thought I was never going to go prestige because I didnt want to lose all my progress. But you know what happened when I realized that even if I kicked *** in a big game with no leveling? I got bored. I got bored of knowing that my level isn't ****ing moving, regardless of how many thousands of points I was getting per game. The same thing applies to KF, once you know that your game isn't going to nab you any reward, you get bored.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hate to sound like a **** stabber here, but a larger game makes a larger community feeling. This is good for a game. You want people to feel like they belong. Another game with leveling up is call of duty 4. Personally, I played the PC version which had 64 player servers. Once you reached level 55, you had the choice to either go prestige (reset your rank back to level 1), or remain the way you were. I thought I was never going to go prestige because I didnt want to lose all my progress. But you know what happened when I realized that even if I kicked *** in a big game with no leveling? I got bored. I got bored of knowing that my level isn't ****ing moving, regardless of how many thousands of points I was getting per game. The same thing applies to KF, once you know that your game isn't going to nab you any reward, you get bored.

I know. KF needs more social elements. gimping large player games isn't helping. small squad based games with no social aspect have no replay value. Being able to talk and have a laugh while you pwn zombies is what multiplayer gaming is all about. good old fashioned socializing and decapitations. it's called "multiplayer" for a reason. not "singleplayer with other people who happen to be there."

Upvote 0