• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor loses massive/total appeal after you have defeated the Patty once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played a thousand + different games in my life, whether the game was produced in the 1970's, or something recently released. Every game has it's variables that make it worthy of playing. How worthy depends on the gamer. I'm getting close to 600 hours on Killing Floor, and even though I've leveled up every perk, I still find tons of entertainment in this game.

I've killed the Patriarch many times, and will do a lot more. Even when Black Ops 2 comes out, and I purchase this game, I will ALWAYS go back to Killing Floor for some awesome fun!

Upvote 0
You really don't understand or respect it. Saying you do does not make it so. Reveal the spoiler below for specifics and pay attention to what's colored.

You're just lying to yourself and anyone else here if you think what's highlighted qualifies as anything other than unfriendly. You have, out of no provocation, decided to label anyone who plays for achievements as playing for something "retarded" and have suggested that anyone who's over 20 and playing KF past the first Patriarch kill is "utterly silly" and "wasting their time." Do you really not understand why this is unfriendly?

Oh please. You're so transparent that there's no reason to give you a reasonable response. It's almost like you just looked up Dave Barry's guide on "How to Argue Effectively" and are now following the 3rd paragraph's instructions.

If you really, really wanted to understand why people played Killing Floor past the first Patriarch kill, you'd have asked politely (or at least not rudely). For instance, consider your contradictory logic: "Now at 24 it only makes sense for me to play for the challenge for it." You say that after claiming that playing on a higher difficulty is pointless because it's "no fun" even though you just said that at age 24 you no longer play for fun, but just for the challenge. Don't believe me? I'll quote you again:

Since you're no longer in that "state of being", it only makes sense. Maybe when you're 25 you'll understand.

lol dude, wtf. You looking for drama, eh? Me and my friends are in our 20ties. I was also refering to us specifically. As a data. NOT ALL IN THEIR 20TIES. lol. Drama queen, much?

If you cannot comprehend that somebody might feel something is retarded/silly but also at the same respect others that feel otherwise, then you're very limited in your views. Not all in just black or white.

And it's funny how you have just criticized me for being insulting and then you'd feel like lowering yourself to the same level? Because you just insulted me. Should I highlight it in a quote for you? lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Probably should tell this guy to play on RPG mod servers or any modded ones in general

I do. But a modded Patty that are stronger because of mosly changed stats and some tweaks doesn't make the Patty feel like completely new challenge.

Understand that I very, very rarely watch the same movies, or read the same books, again after I have done so once.

The dude saying that then it MUST be the same for sex doesn't understand that that is simply not true. Black or white? No. I mean that's like saying if you get bored of reading a book more than once than you'd get bored of having sex more than once in your life? lol. That's stupid. I know some of you are serious fanboys, but that's just really far out, still. The sex drive in all animals, like the human race, is a very basic need and primative beyond us to control it (without drugs). The comparison you guys make is beyond silly. That I don't respect as an opinion, sorry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, good for you guys, truely.

But why the need to ridicule me for having an opinion about this? If you don't agree then simply put it into more constructive wording. It's very immature. Please add what your age is to your opinion about it, if you wish to.

I am as blunt as i am honest and as i always try to be diplomatic!

Some persons might consider you as a feebleminded person and this is due to the pessimistic vision! Are you a quitter?

Upvote 0
In all kidding aisde, just because it might be boring or silly or stupid to do, doesnt mean that everyone else agrees with you or thinks the same. I think achievements are fun things to stride for and in fact, are much more rewarding when you didnt realize that you did something to get them. Thats just my opinion.

Leveling up perks is just like how other games are. You work hard over time, and eventually you are rewarded with a higher level. Yes it can be boring and really dry at times, but good things come to those who wait, and for me, it was really rewarding being able to hit level 6, because I was able to get my stats up and I was able to play on the more difficult settings. Thats just my opinion.

And finally, if beating patty just once, and just on one map mind you, is boring, then maybe Killing Floor wasn't the game for you. If you said something like "After beating Patty on every map and on every difficulty, the game gets boring", then you would have a fair grounds for an arguement. It wouldnt be the best of arguements, but it would be more reasonable than a "Beat him once, game is instantly lame/boring" belief. Thats just my opinion.

If you really are serious about what you said in your original post, then honestly, just leave KF, because the game just wasn't meant for you to play. If this is trollbiat, then you did a great job and nearly fooled me.

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

"Hey guys look at me! I don't have a valid response so here's the best insult I could come up with!"

Spoiler!

So it's illogical to think that if someone says something is retarded, that this person also doesn't respect whatever was just labeled as retarded? Sorry, I must be so backwards.

No wait, I'm not. Here's a tip: quit while you're behind. I can't believe you're still trying to justify yourself.

Spoiler!

I don't think you understand. Not only do you admit to being insulting yourself ("the same level"), which thoroughly contradicts the last thing you just said, but you're also assuming that I will appear contradictory if I myself appear insulting, even though I never bothered saying "no but wait I respect your opinion!" Well, I don't. You think you're being clever. Actually, you're just showing that you're in this to "win" rather than to be correct. Again, sorry, but I never claimed that I was being polite. For me, it's something automatic (and thus not something I need to state) - unless I'm met with a post as absurd as yours.

Upvote 0
unless I'm met with a post as absurd as yours.

I would have to strongly agree with this. This post was made with only downfall written all over it. Maybe if this post was constructed to share an idea on how to better the Patriarch, or anything that allows you and others to brainstorm ideas would be a lot more constructive towards bettering this game.

In other words.....

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0]Billy Madison - Ultimate Insult (Academic Decathlon) - YouTube[/URL]

Upvote 0
"Hey guys look at me! I don't have a valid response so here's the best insult I could come up with!"

So it's illogical to think that if someone says something is retarded, that this person also doesn't respect whatever was just labeled as retarded? Sorry, I must be so backwards.

No wait, I'm not. Here's a tip: quit while you're behind. I can't believe you're still trying to justify yourself.

I don't think you understand. Not only do you admit to being insulting yourself ("the same level"), which thoroughly contradicts the last thing you just said, but you're also assuming that I will appear contradictory if I myself appear insulting, even though I never bothered saying "no but wait I respect your opinion!" Well, I don't. You think you're being clever. Actually, you're just showing that you're in this to "win" rather than to be correct. Again, sorry, but I never claimed that I was being polite. For me, it's something automatic (and thus not something I need to state) - unless I'm met with a post as absurd as yours.

You need to come down, dude. Seriously. Take a deep breath or something.

And I didn't 'admit' to being insulting. I used that as a hypothetical reference from your stand point about it. You just, again, didn't see the proper context.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your opinion is completely retarded and silly.

But don't worry, I know your views are broad enough to comprehend that I respect you.

This doesn't make any sense. You just targeted my opinion specifically, calling it retarded. Then you say you also respect it? lol, wtf. I never did such a thing about my original opinion. Don't be so stupid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would have to strongly agree with this. This post was made with only downfall written all over it. Maybe if this post was constructed to share an idea on how to better the Patriarch, or anything that allows you and others to brainstorm ideas would be a lot more constructive towards bettering this game.

In other words.....

Billy Madison - Ultimate Insult (Academic Decathlon) - YouTube

Maybe I was the one looking for constructive advice? I got a little bit, sure, but mostly just fanboys screaming death at me! Guess what you just did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

You know, you could have just used multi-quotes for those posts, rather than post three seperate posts. Also, I still fail to understand what your point for this thread is. From what I get, it sounds like you are upset with how the game is built, and feel that you should voice how this game is boring after one complete round, which is something that I have honestly never heard from any other person. After a couple dozen or a couple hundred rounds of the game, I could see how someone could be bored, but only after one wave, sounds too good to be true.

I have no issue with people voicing their opinion, whether its good or bad, popular or unpopular, but at least put reason and logic into your explaination, rather than using immature insults.

Upvote 0
Maybe I was the one looking for constructive advice? I got a little bit, sure, but mostly just fanboys screaming death at me! Guess what you just did.

Nobody on here is screaming death at you. The only person that really needs to calm down is you. You posted something, we answered, and if you dont like our answers/opinions/advice, then don't post.

Upvote 0
What is the point of video games? It's to have fun and give you something to do, right? well thats exactly what KF does. Now, get a few friends, start up a game and there you go.

Don't tell me this game loses all its appeal after killing the patty once because thats a load of crap. The same could be said about every other PvP or PvE game. Then, no games would ever sell over a million copies.....oh wait, KF DID.

Of course, I respect your opinion, but I'd have to disagree 100%.

Upvote 0
You know, you could have just used multi-quotes for those posts, rather than post three seperate posts. Also, I still fail to understand what your point for this thread is. From what I get, it sounds like you are upset with how the game is built, and feel that you should voice how this game is boring after one complete round, which is something that I have honestly never heard from any other person. After a couple dozen or a couple hundred rounds of the game, I could see how someone could be bored, but only after one wave, sounds too good to be true.

I have no issue with people voicing their opinion, whether its good or bad, popular or unpopular, but at least put reason and logic into your explaination, rather than using immature insults.

Are you starting to neat picking at me now, too? Think I care about post counts? lol. That's like achievements in games, doesn't matter, imo. I simply thought it be more readable at the time. I'd consider doing it differently.

Other than that, I sure am happy to let you guys vent off like this! It feels like I am doing a good thing or something.

I am done here, but please do continue without me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.