• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Cinematic Intro

...I can see people checking this out and getting a little bored throughout until the end because that bit with the Flesh Pound is what they wanted to see more then anything other then maps. ...

That's right. That's why I asked for maybe an alternative trailer. It should have more action. Don't get me wrong. You're video has high quality but the people watching that really hoped for action(at least me and FluX) maybe because they know Killing Floor and other people maybe don't get a clue about the game.

Upvote 0
You managed to bring an atmosphere to the maps that I never would have thought possible. Having been used to the maps after so long of playing, that anticipation, dread and fear that you managed to create is truly admirable. I do feel as though it dragged on for a bit towards the end due to the lack of specimens shown, but this was made up for by that single Fleshpound right at the end; essentially showing what should instil fear in someone who plays this game.
Bravo. Bravo indeed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I thought it was very well done - quite an atmosphere that I haven't yet seen in any KF-related material!

Though if you want critique, I'd have to say that it's drawback was giving viewers expectations of seeing the named creatures and making the video long enough to build that anticipation, yet not delivering. Except for the FP bit, that was cool yo.

If it were a bit shorter and you showed glimpses of the creatures in those scenes, it woulda worked a lot better.

Definitely good at showing off the maps/locations! It's the sort of vid that one would expect to show off the locations themselves, or provide some backstory. But as much as I like lengthy, rich, cinematic trailers for games (Like Left 4 Dead's) for what this video is, it would benefit by being a bit shorter.

I'd like to see you make more!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree artistically and technically it was excellent.
Sure the suspense was just right. Though the "intro" was too long.
And it didnt actually show any game action, so I expect you were going for the teaser effect.

I would have either cropped it below the 1m mark and just had the suspenseful feel OR I would have cranked up a shed load of action towards the end, increased the tempo with some music as we got a view of the specimens rushing to get their next victim.

But thats all subjective.

Overall everything was tip-top.

Upvote 0
That looks very nice. It kinda looks talented. Have you ever thought about a like making an alternative trailer to Killing Floor?

I originally wanted to, but then changed my mind. Everyone know's what KF is about so I set out to capture something different and portray a different feel from the purposely corny side of the game. Of course seriousness could be applied to a new trailer, but I wanted to focus on the desolate environments.
I do have another idea for a video that would be fast pace, however.

I can see it dragging on for a bit too much if you're looking for action. I wanted the scenes to tell a story in a way. Until the church in West London, there's no blood/bodies. After that it shows the massacre was widespread. The next focus are the labs/facilities (in wyre and biotics mostly). Near the end we see test tubes with fetuses, then specimens and there begins to become an idea of what happened. At the very end is a large research facility. Then of course the FP symbolizing that the evil which did this is still walking about.

Nicely done.
Which map is that at the end?
With that big round building.

Thanks. The map was one that I was working on originally called "Horzine Industries". I never finished it due to the massive size and the fact that it incorporated custom meshes. The building was intended to be a Horzine research and testing facility (where the FP grafts and other equipment was constructed) and was in use before the biotics labs were purchased. Anyway, there's kinda a story behind it...but I think that answers the question: map doesn't exist for play :(

Thanks for all the responses, love or hate. At the end I guess I want the viewer to ask "what kind of game is this?", but since you all know that, I'm glad I could create a different angle of perception you haven't seen before (what KF2 should be??). There's a good chance I'll create an action-fest (with taste) as others have suggested.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Honestly? I think it could be improved in many ways.

-Make the interval between showing the names of the zeds consistent. Maybe longer for Scrake, Fleshpound and Patriarch, for emphasis on "these are the big motherhubbards".
-Show a corpse of said zed when the name shows up. Though, once again for emphasis, Fleshpound and possibly the Scrake should also include player corpses. Exception: I don't believe this would work for the Patriarch--you want it to be the "stretch goal", something that others couldn't accomplish but you might. So instead, the Patriarch might be lumbering around or relaxing on a pile of corpses.
-Group glimpses of the same map together. Abusement Park fragments, for instance, are plenty, but I believe they should be grouped together.

I like it, otherwise. Good job.

Upvote 0
Very VERY well done. I really did like it. As others have said, I was disappointed that you did not show the ZEDS as their name was said. IMO, it would be neat to show them walking or attacking or doing something unique. Music is nice but a bit too soft? And the ending part with the fleshpound slowly walking into the camera, was perfect.

This could almost pass as a good trailer for the game, or at least a side trailer that shows the cast of zeds.

Upvote 0