• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor as an RTS/TBS

you know what I want......to have there be an RTS, with one eagle-viewing zed controller, tring to fight the players, who would be fighting the zeds of the unit just like in KF. Add in some rescource stuff(use rescources for either more zeds, bigger zeds, or zed upgrades?), and some other mechanics, and it seems like a mighty load of fun.

Upvote 0
you know what I want......to have there be an RTS, with one eagle-viewing zed controller, tring to fight the players, who would be fighting the zeds of the unit just like in KF. Add in some rescource stuff(use rescources for either more zeds, bigger zeds, or zed upgrades?), and some other mechanics, and it seems like a mighty load of fun.

ZED upgrades:

Level 1 upgrade: Normal speed / health / damage
Level 2 upgrade: Hard speed / health / damage
Level 3 upgrade: Suicidal Speed / health / damage

Also, these threee, speed, health and damage are seperate. So 9 upgrades.

Also have a target upgrade. Make is so specs target specific types of units, and get "smarter" with each upgrade. i.e. level 1 is the nearest target, level 2 is the weakest, level 3 is the most dangerous.

And resources for tough specs.

And i was just thinking this idea myself, then i saw you posted it :)

And make cloning machines to increase the number of ingame ZEDs.

And after X amount of time, you get to control the Patriarch. You can also modifiy the supporting ZEDs. So all FPs lol :D

Upvote 0
I like this idea for a mod or gametype. And it does remind me of 'iron grip:warlord' If you have not tried that game i think its worth a go because of the formula.

Waves and waves of troops are comming for you & you have the option of using your points gained through kills to enter the rts 'high above camera mode' to deploy turrets, ammo stations, health stations , tripwire bombs (ironic) etc. The idea that game tries to cultivate is fantastic but it is a very small company and the game is what it is. no stat tracking or anything. but just thinking about applying that mechanic of strategy to KF is nice and juicy to say the least & i hope somebody really considers this as a mod idea . Great suggestion.

Upvote 0
Old School RTS would be boring, but perhaps a "Diablo with Squad management".

But a TBS with less failed specimen (ie. Gorefasts can use guns, Scrakes actually doing their job, Flesh Pounders with heavy weapons etc.) and failed specimen as meatshields... that would be fantastic. Complete with panic events and morale stuff.

-Constable Briar Failed A Spot Check.
*Critical Hit!*
-Constable Briar hit for 100 damage from Stalker.
-Constable Briars spends 5 AP to put his guts back inside his belly.
-Aldridge is Panicked and shoots randomly.
-Aldridge Hits Constable Briar 20 damage.
-Constable Briar is dead.
-Aldridge spotted a Fleshpound.
*Inspect: He has a M249 for one arm and a fleshbender for the other*
-Aldridge is desperate.
-Aldridge refuses to move.
-Aldridge becomes desperate and commits sucidie.
-Your squad has been wiped out.
*quick load*

Upvote 0
Old School RTS would be boring, but perhaps a "Diablo with Squad management".

But a TBS with less failed specimen (ie. Gorefasts can use guns, Scrakes actually doing their job, Flesh Pounders with heavy weapons etc.) and failed specimen as meatshields... that would be fantastic. Complete with panic events and morale stuff.

-Constable Briar Failed A Spot Check.
*Critical Hit!*
-Constable Briar hit for 100 damage from Stalker.
-Constable Briars spends 5 AP to put his guts back inside his belly.
-Aldridge is Panicked and shoots randomly.
-Aldridge Hits Constable Briar 20 damage.
-Constable Briar is dead.
-Aldridge spotted a Fleshpound.
*Inspect: He has a M249 for one arm and a fleshbender for the other*
-Aldridge is desperate.
-Aldridge refuses to move.
-Aldridge becomes desperate and commits sucidie.
-Your squad has been wiped out.
*quick load*

do you mean, as in both sids are rmoved the action, and forced to take turns?

Real time seems best, with the survivors playing as if it was just normal KF. However, adding a theoretical healing upgrade, or a special unclockable FP-gunner would be awesome. Maybe the firepound?

Upvote 0