• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 is Dying Fast - Here's Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot's of personal opinions based on limited knowledge

Ebb and flow. Are there less people playing KF2 than at the beginning? Of course there are, does that mean the game is dying? Not really. When content is added player count increases, over time that number drops, this is how it works probably with all games. This same argument keeps getting brought up "KF2 is dying because there are less people playing then in the beginning", just because you repeat it over and over doesn't make it true. I've seen people post so many different messages that all have the underlying theme of "we want more content!", and frankly there is nothing wrong with wanting more stuff, but when people go on to make threats, insults, and these threads of saying "it's dying", you're really not helping anything, like, at all. It sounds like you really want KF2 to be successful, or you wouldn't be so caught up in it's progress and take the time to post in here, this is also a good thing. Now turn your negativity around and understand that a 50 person team has it's work cut out for them with this title, it has a lot of fans that want a cookie cutter copy of KF1 while at the same time being fresh and innovative (not an easy task).

Upvote 0
The game came out in late April. It is now early June. It is just a month and a half. For content, please read the content creation sticky note. It takes time, and you shouldnt compare custom maps to official maps. You can CLEARLY see the differences in quality, detail, and spaciousness. Give them more time. Be patient. Contents will eventually come. It's not like they are sitting back and relax. I'd say they are balls deep into making and fixing KF2 contents. And yea.... Just like Yoshiro said, do proper research before you rant so much. Oh and btw, Manor is fcking awesome.

Upvote 0
These threads are stupid. KF2 won't die anytime soon. Even KF won't die anytime soon.

I don't understand this mother****ing logic. They ARE NOT holding stuff back because they want you to get enough of their game and not play it anymore, they JUST CANT WORK FASTER!!!!!!

What's so hard to understand about that? They can't just hire 100 people because they have limited resources, and if they don't stick within budget, they will die.

I DON'T GET YOU PEOPLE.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The game is out. It's just Early Access.

You fail to completely understand what Early Access is, don't you. You have just seen a developer build of the game, it's not the final product that will get reviewed by the gaming press. Until then, the game is not OFFICIALLY out and any thread like this is just stupid and completely immature, not to say flaming and trolling material.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ez speaking, you said u have polishing to make a thing before it come out.

Wtf is that ****ty berserker? Holy craps, that teleport zed!!

Matha****a wielding door for what? Gore system? so different from video that has show before game released. and Other stupid thing.

This is what's call polishing???

KF2's dying Fast - Yes!!!, untill we have many big update or big sale 50% so some few people will comeback.

Upvote 0
Ez speaking, you said u have polishing to make a thing before it come out.

Wtf is that ****ty berserker? Holy craps, that teleport zed!!

Matha****a wielding door for what? Gore system? so different from video that has show before game released. and Other stupid thing.

This is what's call polishing???

KF2's dying Fast - Yes!!!, untill we have many big update or big sale 50% so some few people will comeback.

Here, let me fix that for you:

"Berserker is underpowered, teleporting zeds is stupid, welding doors is useless, the gore system isn't the same as in the video."

Upvote 0
Me and my wife don't play the EA very often atm.

It is not because we don't like it. It is not because we think the EA is bad. We have thoroughly enjoyed our EA experience so far, and it has been a blast.

We tried the Manor during the update, liked it, stopped playing again and we now simply wait for new content, I have given my thoughts and opinions about current balance issues, now we wait for TW to update.

Then we will play again, and if it is a perk, I recon we will play it quite thoroughly. Then I shall post my thoughts and discuss it on the forums. Then wait for more content.

There is a lot of waiting, yes.

But you know what? I knew that would be the case. And I am ok with that, because, hell, I accepted that I was going to buy a game as an EA, so I really have no rational reason to even complain about lack of content.

Yet somehow some of the playerbase finds reasons to do just so. Sure, the updates are slow, we get that. And you want instant gratification. You want this and that, and you want it now.

Well.

See? There is your problem. With yourself.

You put expectations irrationally high. You are impatient. Seems to be an ongoing problem in these times, everything needs to happen instantly.

"But TW promised updates then and then, but they never came, they are being too slow and not keeping promises! "

Damn, sorry to break it up to you, but this is essentially how real life works. Things don't most often go as planned. There will be delays, whether one wants or not. I honestly thought this was common knowledge.

Now, before one year has passed and the game is officially given it's 'full-release', I am pleased to just wait and see what new will come around the corner every now and then, even if I have to wait for it. If I find the game lacking after full-release, then I will start complaining about how the game has turned out.

Until then, looking forward to that next update, whenever it may come.

Upvote 0
It is funny,
Always funny to read some people complaining...
Like people waiting to eat , they know nothing about coocking, they never put a single foot in the kitchen
But still , they are complainining :

HEY! I WANT MY MEAL, FAST!! [burb!]

Consumers who speaks and know nothing...They want quantity over quality...
They see stuff in movies and think that the reality is the same.

Creating a video game like KF2 is a HUGE and serious STUFF, it takes lot of time, lot of dedication, and TWI is a small company compared to some others...

They are doing their best, they are doing a wonderful job,

This game is growing, step by step, like sustainable things on earth.
No need to pull a tree to make him grow faster.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro, the man, the myth, the legend.

I have always had collosal respect for TWI, even when I disagree with their choices, they bust their arse for their often ungrateful community, but take their time to ensure a quality product. Crap like this makes me feel sometimes the close ties you guys have to the community can be a bad thing.

Beyond the criticisms from genuine gamers amoung their mates, you never hear this kind of rubbish flying at Ubisoft, EA, Activision or a whole slew of big names who just rush crap out every year with little more than a texture update to show for it.

I'm studying at University to become a games programmer myself. With the insights I've had regarding the true difficulty of building a game (and what I'm doing now is piss easy compared to what comes next), to me at least you guys are heroes of the industry.

I'd like to think I'm not alone in that belief :)

Upvote 0
From what I understand doesn't TWI only have like 30 employees? If that's all then yeah I can see why it takes time. I'm a huge fan of the game and I'm loving it. I have faith TWI will fix the issues with the game and release content. Me and a friend are always playing and trying to see what new strats we can come up with.

What I would like to see is sort of like a public test server. I think TWI would be able to release finished unbalanced content way faster if they got player feedback as well. But maybe this isn't the type of game for that or there is not enough resources to manage. Either TWI I love the game keep up the great work I will Continue playing the game!

Upvote 0
I love KF2. It is one of my favorite games of all time, even though it only has 4 perks and 4 maps so far. I have touched only 2 other games since it hit EA a month and a half ago. That being said, I am taking a bit of a break after about 100 hours because of the current lack of content. I don't blame TWI for that, I know it takes a long time to produce new content. At the moment, I'm just a little bit tired of playing the same 4 perks on the same 4 maps. I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way, and will hop right back on when the next content update comes, as I certainly will. KF2 is not dead, it is not dying. People are just taking a break while they wait for new content, because news flash, the game isn't complete yet.

Upvote 0
So essentially, this game is dying very quickly for a variety of reasons.
What. http://steamcharts.com/app/232090#1m
The game has been sitting around 2.5k-3k players daily for the past month. That's a little more than KF1.

it was difficult to even join a server. Now [...] you're faced with rows of servers with 0 players.
Stop looking at the 0 player servers? Sort by players, join the servers with >1 players? There's literally dozens of Normal and Hard games.

This is simply because the best Tripwire could do in 7-8 weeks was release a map (which, in many people's opinion was quite bad)
Again, what. The game was released April 21st. That was 48 days ago. That's not even 7 weeks, even counting weekends and holidays. You're saying that like the only thing they've done is released 1 map.

The only thing keeping the game alive right now are the people who have been making custom maps, who have been working and releasing their content at a faster rate than Tripwire, which is ridiculous.
I don't know how many maps you've played by the quality of the custom maps are very bare boned. Some of them are literally just a room with zeds spawning in another room. The layouts are very simplistic. Many of them have serious lighting issues, some areas suffer massive FPS drops, and most have clipping issues. They are also using borrowed assets within the SDK.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can understand the slow rate of new content being produced but how much time and effort would be needed to make things like nightvision potentially useful? Change the battery drain rate from *4 to *0.4 or even just *1 and it would actually be useful. Not to mention all the other quick fixes like adjusting the M4 magazine size or dosh to not make it suck so much, increasing beserker weapon damage output or swapping/tweaking perks.

Fine; it takes a long time to produce new content but someone should be looking at making these small quality of life improvements. I thought the whole point of getting everyone to play on a TWI server was so that they could collect stats on how people play? So if that's the case then they know exactly which weapons/perks/skills are under represented so could do with some tweaks.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.