• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 - Grindhouse Mapping Contest Phase 2 Winners Announced!

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    KILLING FLOOR 2 GRINDHOUSE MAPPING CONTEST PHASE 2 WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Tripwire Interactive and Mod DB are proud to announce the Phase 2 winners of the official Killing Floor 2 Grindhouse Mapping Contest. As a continuation of the Phase 1 portion from last year, the Phase 2 event has offered over $50,000 in prize money. During the official Killing Floor 2 Grindhouse Mapping Contest competition, blood thirsty content creators were given the opportunity to show off their skills for a chance to have their very own map featured in the official Killing Floor 2 map line-up. Phase 2 was held from December 7, 2015 through February 21, 2016. Today

Thank you TWI for giving the community this opportunity. Congratulations to everyone that entered and everyone that placed. Truly some great competition. Many of the entries had me very nervous. And thank you everyone that helps host for us, test our maps and provide feedback. It really is a group effort to get these projects to top quality.

Upvote 0
    congrats to all of the winners, SBD and zerreth in particular for making amazing-looking maps. i don't want to take anything away from the winners, they deserve their spots.

TWI are saying that i did not submit KF-Nuked before the deadline. i submitted the map on February 20th, one full day before the deadline of February 21st (on the same day DeadShore was submitted, no less). i completed their survey as well, and also submitted my map to the workshop hours after it went online on March 10th. i received email on February 23rd stating that my map had been submitted. i don't know how this could have been missed by TWI's judging staff.

i respect TWI's judging process and i believe they picked the deserved winners, however it is disheartening that i spent 2.5 months of dedicating my life to something that was not even considered due to what i can only imagine as pure negligence.

my consolation comes from the people who have had fun playing my map over the past month. also shoutouts to the cool people who provided help with ideas, playtesting, bugfixing, and helpful support in general. cheers to all of you

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    congrats to all of the winners, SBD and zerreth in particular for making amazing-looking maps. i don't want to take anything away from the winners, they deserve their spots.

TWI are saying that i did not submit KF-Nuked before the deadline. i submitted the map on February 20th, one full day before the deadline of February 21st (on the same day DeadShore was submitted, no less). i completed their survey as well, and also submitted my map to the workshop hours after it went online on March 10th. i received email on February 23rd stating that my map had been submitted. i don't know how this could have been missed by TWI's judging staff.

i respect TWI's judging process and i believe they picked the deserved winners, however it is disheartening that i spent 2.5 months of dedicating my life to something that was not even considered due to what i can only imagine as pure negligence.

my consolation comes from the people who have had fun playing my map over the past month. also shoutouts to the cool people who provided help with ideas, playtesting, bugfixing, and helpful support in general. cheers to all of you

I'm curious to the explanations behind this. I've seen a lot of people, including staff saying such maps as Nuke and Bikini didn't make it on time (not trying to drag Modesty into drama, I'm sorry, just as an example) but how is that possible?

TWI likes what TWI likes and I'm sure they have their reasons for picking certain maps and not others. I'm not gonna argue with their decisions, but what a kick in the gut it must be to be told your project didn't even qualify when you did nothing wrong and worked so hard and I feel really bad for the people being told this.

If its any consolation whatsoever, you guys are rock stars to the community right now for making such awesome maps, and if you decide not to give up providing KF2 content your efforts will not go unappreciated or noticed by the players. You have an eye for what makes for a great playing environment.

Upvote 0
    I'm curious to the explanations behind this. I've seen a lot of people, including staff saying such maps as Nuke and Bikini didn't make it on time (not trying to drag Modesty into drama, I'm sorry, just as an example) but how is that possible?

TWI likes what TWI likes and I'm sure they have their reasons for picking certain maps and not others. I'm not gonna argue with their decisions, but what a kick in the gut it must be to be told your project didn't even qualify when you did nothing wrong and worked so hard and I feel really bad for the people being told this.

If its any consolation whatsoever, you guys are rock stars to the community right now for making such awesome maps, and if you decide not to give up providing KF2 content your efforts will not go unappreciated or noticed by the players. You have an eye for what makes for a great playing environment.

I'm thinking that TWI should have another map contest but have a community vote instead of the TWI judges.

Upvote 0
    Bikini was disqualified due to content. Nuke placed well but was outside of those that placed and was just edged out.

Some maps from the contest are already in the pipeline to join the game as official content in the future. We did enjoy Nuked, and it and several other maps that did not place are potential candidates to be asked to join the official stock maps moving forward if the mappers are interested and keep updating their maps. We are keeping an eye out on all the maps that were entered.

Upvote 0