• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-WestLondon2009 PreRelease

There are major pathing problems in the police station. Other than that, it's really good. If you decide to hold the streets it's challenging. Other minor issues are the windows in the hallway connected to the arrest (they make no sense if you factor that you're underground) and a minor clipping issue near the entrance to the police station.

http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/Lt_Hargrove/slideshow/KF-WestLondon

As far as suggestions go, how about some fog, UT mod style? While sharpshooter isn't coming for a long time, map can get too easy in the future (come on, West London is going to be in every server rotation). It shouldn't be thick, though. I'd also help with the outside of the map feeling a bit empty IMO.

Upvote 0
There are major pathing problems in the police station. Other than that, it's really good. If you decide to hold the streets it's challenging. Other minor issues are the windows in the hallway connected to the arrest (they make no sense if you factor that you're underground) and a minor clipping issue near the entrance to the police station.

http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/Lt_Hargrove/slideshow/KF-WestLondon

As far as suggestions go, how about some fog, UT mod style? While sharpshooter isn't coming for a long time, map can get too easy in the future (come on, West London is going to be in every server rotation). It shouldn't be thick, though. I'd also help with the outside of the map feeling a bit empty IMO.

Thank you for the feedback!!

Yeah a few thing are going to change before the final version, also I will do my best to fix pathing iusses in the police station

Upvote 0
Awesome. I'm so glad to see you continue to work on this, Wesker. A map like WestLondon needs to be seen through to completion because it's so memorable for so many people :)

I'm really liking some of the extra details you have put in. Some nice touches, but nothing over the top in my opinion.

BUGS/GLITCHES

(1) Trader Pathing:
It didn't work at all in the previous version. I would say it's half fixed. Sometimes it will work after a wave and then other times it simply won't. I've tested this multiple times in various matches with people on my server.

(2) Glitch Spots:
The map unfortunately seems to have a lot of areas where it's quite easy to shotgun jump into safe areas. I've included some screenshots for you. There might be more areas as I haven't completely tested everywhere.

IDEAS/ADDITIONS

I don't know if you have already thought about these suggestions or not, but I thought I'd mention them just in case.

(1) Church doors
(2) An altar in the church
(3) A bus instead of firetruck
Several people have mentioned this. I don't know if this is possible for you or out of your current skills.
(4) Weapon spawns

Unfortunately I disagree with this. While I think it's nice to add some extra touches to make it more aesthetically pleasing, it shouldn't be too much otherwise you start to transform WestLondon into a different map and thus start to lose the look and feel that makes it so memorable. MGSSniper has already done an inspired version of WestLondon (which I also love), so I feel we need something a little more faithful to the original.

Yes, the map isn't a very hard map like A-Operations, but neither is it a pretty easy map like Defence Thyself. I'd like to add both maps are great and enjoyed when wanting a challenge or just to chill. What I'm trying to say is I really dislike the whole trying to push to make things more difficult all the time. WestLondon in KF1 wasn't a particularly hard map so I don't think it should change. We have a few BioticsLabs now and they're pretty hard. That's fine and I believe the hardness isn't the map author's fault simply because what makes them harder is the lack of useful welding. That said, they simply just don't feel the same as the KF1, and for me, lose a lot of the appeal.

All in all, I think you're creating a lovely map that is giving people hours upon hours of a lot of fun. Keep it going! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Awesome. I'm so glad to see you continue to work on this, Wesker. A map like WestLondon needs to be seen through to completion because it's so memorable for so many people :)

I'm really liking some of the extra details you have put in. Some nice touches, but nothing over the top in my opinion.

BUGS/GLITCHES

(1) Trader Pathing:
It didn't work at all in the previous version. I would say it's half fixed. Sometimes it will work after a wave and then other times it simply won't. I've tested this multiple times in various matches with people on my server.

(2) Glitch Spots:
The map unfortunately seems to have a lot of areas where it's quite easy to shotgun jump into safe areas. I've included some screenshots for you. There might be more areas as I haven't completely tested everywhere.

IDEAS/ADDITIONS

I don't know if you have already thought about these suggestions or not, but I thought I'd mention them just in case.

(1) Church doors
(2) An altar in the church
(3) A bus instead of firetruck
Several people have mentioned this. I don't know if this is possible for you or out of your current skills.
(4) Weapon spawns

Unfortunately I disagree with this. While I think it's nice to add some extra touches to make it more aesthetically pleasing, it shouldn't be too much otherwise you start to transform WestLondon into a different map and thus start to lose the look and feel that makes it so memorable. MGSSniper has already done an inspired version of WestLondon (which I also love), so I feel we need something a little more faithful to the original.

Yes, the map isn't a very hard map like A-Operations, but neither is it a pretty easy map like Defence Thyself. I'd like to add both maps are great and enjoyed when wanting a challenge or just to chill. What I'm trying to say is I really dislike the whole trying to push to make things more difficult all the time. WestLondon in KF1 wasn't a particularly hard map so I don't think it should change. We have a few BioticsLabs now and they're pretty hard. That's fine and I believe the hardness isn't the map author's fault simply because what makes them harder is the lack of useful welding. That said, they simply just don't feel the same as the KF1, and for me, lose a lot of the appeal.

All in all, I think you're creating a lovely map that is giving people hours upon hours of a lot of fun. Keep it going! :D

Thank you so much for the coments and the great feedback!

-Im trying my best to fix all pathing iusses
-Im modeling doors for the church, also a altar and a few more props like the clasic british bus
-I always forgot about shotgun jumps, thanks to your pics I can fix it now

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for the coments and the great feedback!

-Im trying my best to fix all pathing iusses
-Im modeling doors for the church, also a altar and a few more props like the clasic british bus
-I always forgot about shotgun jumps, thanks to your pics I can fix it now

That's just awesome news. Well I cannot wait for the new update. Here, have a beer on me :D

Upvote 0