• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

KF-StoryMapIn24h

PiX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 20, 2009
Sweden
New Download! KF-StoryMapIn24h-FIX2

Exactly what it sounds like. 24 hours to make + 2h for fixing errors.

I set out to do the exact opposite of what I usually do when I start mapping. I go into details too quickly and I do an enormous amount of testing. Not this time, I thought.
And just to break off from that, and to see if I could actually manage I set a time frame, a deadline for myself. Twenty four hours of actual mapping. The most basic stuff. What do you need to make a story map? You need BSP, obviously, and you need triggers, yes, and you also need enemy spawns. So. This is what the map consists of more or less.

Disclaimer:
What you may and may not do, before, after or while playing this map. Ignore this and I will ignore you:

• You may not critisize the lighting of this map.
  • You may not tell me how it needs more stuff in it(except for ammo and guns).
  • You may not say how the BSP looks too blocky.
  • You may not say "Is this all you managed to do in 24 hours?", also, that tells me and everyone else that you're not a mapper.
However, you're very welcome to:

• Critisize the lay-out of the level.
  • Tell me about balancing issues.
  • Let me in on exploits/bugs you have found.

Changes in the Fixed Version:

• Movers are working now, although I'm not responsible for what high pings can do to.
  • Largely more foolproof.
  • More messages and visual indicators (especially for the last part of the map).
  • More time added to the door that closes.
  • A few Balancing issues.
  • The controls that the enemies are attacking now actually runs a chance of breaking, which was not really the case before.
Download Mirrors (1,2mb):

• FileFactory (Fast download, lots of ads)
  • GameFront (A little slower. A few ads, but this mirror may brake at some point since GameFront deletes certain uploads now and then)

Credits:
Falidell for his trigger pack.
KiCk3R, Kayako Chan, Moo, Plankie, [AM]Ben, Bindal, Blazeror, Jallow, Tiago, Faneca, Mr.RoBoT, Fang for beta testing.

Attachments

Last edited:

Fel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 9, 2009
In Mission Mode
likely to glitch. Be careful when on movers, and expect the mover to be a few seconds behind the visual view of the mover.
This is because you dont have the mover set to the game "speed" i guess thats what its called. You have to set nemurous key points (evenly distanced) especally if its a fast moving mover, so that the player orintation to game time and mover time sync up.

This is why with movers that have a long distance (long meaning 50m or more)to travel EVEN if its just a straight line should have multiple key points. Also use the ElevatorDoor Mover for a multiple key mover. I find that they dont glitch.

Some PlayerStarts are not working correctly and you may spawn without control over your own pawn. I have not yet figured out weither this is a map flaw or something to do with Falidell's TriggerPack.
Use Triggered Player Starts

You should check my tutorial, would solve your gameplay and player start issues and crap

I also dont see why you would make a mission map in 24 hours (which is perfectly fine to me) but you released it in Final?

Last edited:

PiX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 20, 2009
Sweden
This is because you dont have the mover set to the game "speed" i guess thats what its called. You have to set nemurous key points (evenly distanced) especally if its a fast moving mover, so that the player orintation to game time and mover time sync up.

This is why with movers that have a long distance (long meaning 50m or more)to travel EVEN if its just a straight line should have multiple key points. Also use the ElevatorDoor Mover for a multiple key mover. I find that they dont glitch.
Thank you for the advice. I'll look into it.

I do use TriggeredPlayerStarts. Please don't take me for a newbie on these things.

Fel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 9, 2009
In Mission Mode
\. Please don't take me for a newbie on these things.
Dont get uptight, just offering advice

Well on Obsidian i too had that problem on the playerstarts at wave 3 (above surface lava area) But it seemed to REALLY happen with the perk mod activated.

Now thats its WL and im not using the perk mod. itll pause for 1/2 a sec then spawn you, but only on that wave.. which is weird

Last edited:
Reactions: SMIFF

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
If he put more time into the map, I think that would defeat the purpose of doing a 24hr speedmapping map:p. Granted I have yet to try this out, I wonder if anyone would be interested in a speed mapping contest of some sort. What could people get done in [24 hours, 1 week, 1 month].

Faneca

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2010
Portugal
Map is cool, I helped out PiX test it out several times. This was a good solo-competition to see how much he could do in such a short mapping time.

Below is me talking about the map, specificly mentioning and describing certain areas. If you don't want to get spoiled, don't read it.

SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler!

PiX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 20, 2009
Sweden
A small FIX now available.

Edit: That wasn't much of a fix. This is better.

Last edited:

PiX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 20, 2009
Sweden
The map is to be revived under the name KF-LerwickWonder. Watch for that name in the Beta Map Releases forums. The link will remain dead as I don't want any more spread of the old version.

Boltte

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 5, 2014
Perth, WA
PiX;n1531628 said:
The map is to be revived under the name KF-LerwickWonder. Watch for that name in the Beta Map Releases forums. The link will remain dead as I don't want any more spread of the old version.
Aww..and I thought I could try this map out....you know seeing how the other one is bugged or I have no idea how to pass it........well anywho, here's the link to his KF-LerwickWonder thread....in case anyone is wondering or too lazy to look for yourself...

Boltte

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 5, 2014
Perth, WA
ok, just tried this map and zeds don't spawn..............even with the custom fixer thingy.....but unlike its successor, this map is beatable!