• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-OldCity

Deleted member 24443

Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2010
Germany
Ok... here we go. KF-OldCity beta 1...
Took me long enough and now I'm really feeling exhausted because I pushed myself so much to finally get it out the door and off my desk. Everything should be working though not everything is finalized. Will do that in the coming days. During my runs gameplay felt slightly slow though there shouldn't be many places to hold, especially in a six man game the narrow passages should prove frantic as enemies drop around you.

Spoiler!

Download Beta 3

Beta 2 changelog:
- myleveled all external files
- minor changes to lighting to prevent greenings
- minor changes to fogging (hopefully also clearing up a few fps drops)
- some ZED spawnings changed / added
- some textures were changed and some detail textures were added
- improved pathing

Beta 3 changelog:
- fully playable
- added another foggy layer to skybox
- fiddled around with some of the visuals
- added a heckload of cull distances for fps otimization
- added some additional spawns and tweaked the reast
- changed some of the railing so ZEDs can jump over
- added jumppads so ZEDs are more nimble this time around
- removed the small hut close to the starting point
- removed some of the blocking volumes so you can vault over certain railings (usually when there's a bench)
- a couple of other changes related to player blocking

Last edited:
I'm getting a few errors. I don't know if it's isolated to my server.

Code:
Warning: Failed to load 'CubeMaps': Can't find file for package 'CubeMaps'
Warning: Failed to load 'HourPitores_UT2004': Can't find file for package 'CubeMaps'
Warning: Failed to load 'KF-OldCity': Can't find file for package 'CubeMaps'
Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary KF-OldCity.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'CubeMaps'
Warning: Error loading KF-OldCity !

Upvote 0
It is not. The problem is located within Hour_Pitores.utx as the package uses some cube maps from the original UT2k4 game that are not present in KF. It is basically a missing texture problem, but I can't edit neither Hourences' nor Epic's texture packages. I could (cough, cough), with a lot of work (cough, cough, cough), edit each single texture and blend and other thing out of the original Hourences package and include it into mylevel. Problem is that I'd need to redo A LOT of Static meshes. Well I'll look into the problem later.

Upvote 0
As I said, I need to isolate each texture I used from the Hourences Package and import it to mylevel. At best I also add in each layer to it as well, then redo the meshes that use these textures. The last step is the one that worries me most as many meshes could get split, giving me lighting fragment errors (can already see some at the large building lefthand of starting point for example).

Upvote 0